Author Topic: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.  (Read 104982 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Anyone know how we can ask Hasbro if you still need the actual form from Luke?  Otherwise, you might just be able to photocopy it??
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:18 PM by BrentS »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2006, 01:07 PM »
I just e-mailed Hasbro to inquire about the order form that comes with Luke and whether or not it's still needed.  If I get a response back from them I'll make sure to post it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2006, 02:53 PM »
So it's admittedly difficult to find the Biker Scout, but we're not going to do anything about case ratios...we're just gonna tweak the mail-away system. Meh. ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Cool stuff I Am Sith, I was wondering this myself...

I have lots of Scout tabs and a couple of other figure tabs as well, so I'd like to mail them all in for as many Georgetroopers as possible, sure, but their information was definately vague.  I hope you don't need the Luke (I'm assuming not, but you never know) as he was just about as difficult a find as the Scout was really. 

I personally didn't think the Scout was hard enough to find for a response like this from them...  I'm kind of surprised.  I just bought one the other night that's been chilling for a month now at WM.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Received my mail-away GL In Stormie Disguise today. Cool figure, but I'll keep the helmet on and add him to the ranks of my Imperial forces.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Scouts have been harder to find in some places than others. Around here, I saw a fair share of them, but not that much. They're all dried up now as well. However, I was in Houston 2 weeks ago and saw TONS of Bikers hanging around. I guess it all depends on where (and maybe when) you look.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2006, 04:47 PM »
I don't see these anymore in my area...well the 5-6 stores I frequent at least.  I still don't know why I have not sent mine in?  Maybe I will get going on that today.  I will feel like a dimwit if I don't sent it in before the promo ends.  Whenver that is. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2006, 05:15 PM »
If anyone has three spare tabs (of anything now, obviously) and would like to waste an international stamp, I'd like to be your friend. :-* ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I've got extra stickers from Biker Scouts and Tusken Raiders and I'd be happy to help you out Brent - but I don't have any entry forms because I didn't buy extra Lukes... are they letting us print these out from anywhere???

Can we send in photocopied entry forms?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Even with the new and improved "relaxed" sticker criteria, I still don't want to spend the $5 for the piece of ****.  It looks terrible mixed in with VOTC stormies.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2006, 08:24 PM »
I still don't want to spend the $5 for the piece of ****.  It looks terrible mixed in with VOTC stormies.

I think the CT Stormie sculpt still holds up even against the likes of the VOTC Stormie sculpt. It's fairly accurate, and has decent articulation.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2006, 08:41 PM »
I still don't want to spend the $5 for the piece of ****.  It looks terrible mixed in with VOTC stormies.

I think the CT Stormie sculpt still holds up even against the likes of the VOTC Stormie sculpt. It's fairly accurate, and has decent articulation.

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but with the advent of the VOTC stormie, the CT stormie is junk.  The CT stormie is an army builder that can't even hold a rifle with 2 hands for God's sake.  What good is that?  I'm going to point my rifle at you!  I can't aim it and fire it, but I'm gonna point it at you!  In addition to that, the helmet sculpt is way inferior.

That begs the question, WHY did Hasbro resurrect that ancient sculpt when they had the VOTC sculpt?  Makes no sense.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2006, 09:16 PM »
I plan on getting another to custom him.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Ah hem... anyone know anything about obtaining extra order forms?

Anyone willing to scan one and post it so we can print a few out?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Rob I sent an email as well to Hasbro about obtaining a order form due to the fact I purchased the Luke knowing it was missing. So we'll see what happens.
I remember my dream now.