Author Topic: Straxus Customs 6-8-08 Cobra Sand Viper Re-envisioned  (Read 33858 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 2-25-08 High Quality Pics (more added)
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Every one of those is just amazing!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 09:30 AM »
The Gand Mando is awesome! I want one.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 02:31 PM »
The Gand Mando is awesome! I want one.

Yeah, that's TOP NOTCH.

I like the battle droid too. I'd like to see that one by itself standing in a pic.

You got skills man!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Thanks guys!
I will try finishing that battle droid this weekend and drop it off on sunday with the photographer. Will arrange some standing pics!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus Customs 3-2-08 Playing with new Camera!
« Reply #79 on: May 3, 2008, 04:31 AM »
Curses, I forgot to take picture of battle droid standing by itself, will try to do that soon.

Well got my new camera today and decided to take some pics for fun and of some of the customs I have done that no one has seen yet.

Some of my favorites customs taking a ride on my new AAT.

Some new droids. Two just simple CZ repaints and another modified.

212th Utapau Speeder Bike Patrol Trooper
(sadly I lack a speeder bike for him...)

Hopefully in a little while I will have had enough experience with the camera to take even better pictures.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 6, 2008, 12:01 PM »
WHOA Strax those are truley awesome.  Definately need a solo pic of the battle droid.  Biker looks great I think he needs some dirtying though, but that's just my taste for troops.

Finally a better/clearer pic of your medic he looks even more fantstic then previously thought.  Now the challenge will be to go back and retake pics of your customs, because this new camera really does them justice.

The CZ repaints are really great as well.  What type of paint are you using on them?  And do you have a problem with the paint chipping on joints?

On a side note have you heard anything for GTG.com?  I know that you had a couple helmets up over there just wondering if they were still going to be back in business.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 6, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Cool set of customs there. I like the CZs the best. What camera did you buy? Have you been playing with some of the more manual settings of the camera?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #82 on: May 6, 2008, 11:46 PM »
@jedipurge: I have not moved the CZs arround much after painting/sealing them yet so dont have much to report yet on the chipping.
I do need to dirty up the biker. Fortunately I have not sealed him yet, so I can add some Utapau dirt to him! Got a special brew already mixed up for the style of dirt/weathering for these guys! (just need to apply it.)
As far as goodtogo, they are now trigatecreations
Their store for the new site is up though they will no longer be doing repos or my helmets. They are doing mainly "3060" as far as I know.

@Master_Phruby: The camerais a Kodak EasyShare C813, 8.1 MP. I have not had much chance to do much more with it lately though I didnt have to do to much with it to take decent pictures. The pics I took in the post above was done without doing much with the settings. I can only imagine how well the pics will look when done with the right settings and proper lighting!

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2008, 10:45 AM »
i'am personally amazed by your troops, i haven't seen a pair of clone/stromies customs that i like, in well ever.  congrats on that front.

i'm also in awe of your aliens and droids. great paint apps all around.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus Customs 5-15-08 Imperial Cold Environment Special Ops
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Thanks!

Well here is my lastest:
Imperial Cold Environment Special Ops
(name to be determined)

These were the "before kama" pics.

I was suprised to see that camera could zoom in this close and reveal the eye details that I need to fix!

Recipe:
Head - DS Gunner
Helmet - Jin Roh Helmet (Thanks John!)
Upper Torso, Upper Arms, Kama - VTAC Snowtrooper
Lower Arms/Hands - McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
Lower Torso, Upper Legs - TAC Kashyyk Trooper
Lower Legs - Galactic Marine
Backpack - Galactic Marine
Rifle - GTG Blasterman rifle

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Incredibly unique! Excellent work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2008, 11:26 AM »
That's one hell of a recipe Stax, and it looks great.  The helmet though not heard of that what is it?  Rifle looks like it could go the distance, new I should've gotten stuff from GTG before they went out of the SW business.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #87 on: June 8, 2008, 05:53 AM »
Ok its not star wars but uses a few star wars parts!
This has been a nice branch out from just doing star wars customs all the time.

25th Anv. Sand Viper Re-envisioned

Recipe:
*Upper/Lower Torso and Legs - 25th Buzzer
*Upper Arms - Saga Sandtrooper
*Lower Arms - Legends Biker Scout
*Head - Modified Alyosha head sculpt (sculpted cobra mask)
*Accessory Pack - Combination of 21 Century accessory, Scorch     accessory incorporated into a sculpt.
*Rifle - from a BBI figure.
*Helmet - sculpted from scratch save for the paperclip antenna and the gasmask which was part of a Saga Boush Force Pike.
*Belt - Cast from a Darth Vader belt (cant remember version.)
*Everything Else - Sculpted.

About the design:
I liked the standard viper faceplate and wanted something like that in this design. Added the goggles in the same theme.
The cloth sculpting on the back of helmet is just more decorative than anything.
The gas mask was incorporated since I figured these guys would be using various biological and chemical weapons on enemies.
Torso Armor, tried to keep some of the design of the origional Sand Viper but wanted to incorporate a series of heatsink/air vents for a integrated cooling system built into the suit.
Alot of the over-all design was inspired by various art from some Heavy Gear role playing game books.

Other stuff I have been working on...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 6-8-08 Cobra Sand Viper Re-envisioned
« Reply #88 on: June 8, 2008, 09:50 AM »
More awesome sculpting work! Can't wait to see the new Zuckuss.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 6-8-08 Cobra Sand Viper Re-envisioned
« Reply #89 on: June 8, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Killer! Love the paint ap. Like to see more of the finished sculpts too...Great work!