Author Topic: Straxus Customs 6-8-08 Cobra Sand Viper Re-envisioned  (Read 33841 times)

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
I knew who is was supossed to be as soon as I saw the pics, before I even read the words that were in the post. That's saying something right there.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Really?! I had my doubts as to if it looked much like him. Thanks!
When I mold/cast this, I have some brown pigment to add to the casting resin. If I add just a little bit, it should make the cast look close to Temeura Morrison's skin tone.
After my next head sculpt (It will be a suprise!) I will probably attempt a few female head sculpts, then maybe some aliens.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Yep :)

Sounds good. I want to see what kind of female heads you can make and what kind of weird aliens you can sculpt heads of. Looks forward to it.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus's Customs - Update 8-7-06: Guess who?
« Reply #18 on: August 7, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Update -

Can anyone guess who I am working on? If you cant figure out the face, the accessory (still WIP) should
be a big clue!

I have come to realize...ears are one of the most difficult things to sculpt to look right...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus's Customs - Update 8-7-06: Guess who!
« Reply #19 on: August 7, 2006, 04:32 PM »
wuher
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 7, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Hey! I figured out who it is! But I dont want to spoil other people's fun in guessing.  At least not until Sundae.

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 7, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Hey! I figured out who it is! But I dont want to spoil other people's fun in guessing.  At least not until Sundae.
pm it to me i wanna know

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2006, 04:54 PM »
jango???

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Biggs

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: August 7, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Appears to be everyone's favorite frozen treat supplier to me. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus's Customs - Update 8-7-06: Guess who?
« Reply #25 on: August 7, 2006, 10:33 PM »
If you cant figure out the face, the accessory (still WIP) should be a big clue!

Taking this into consideration, I believe that Ryan is right!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #26 on: August 7, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Yeppers! ICMG Willrow Hood. I plan on doing a complete figure as soon as my prototype framework is built (for sculpting body parts).

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #27 on: August 8, 2006, 04:03 PM »
anyone notcied the clue in a post up here^^^^^.....so im going to strawberry split...see you guys!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #28 on: August 8, 2006, 04:11 PM »
hehe. I did... I just wanted to see if anyone else did as well...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 06:29 AM »
Time for an update:
A few people on various forums have asked me to show pics when I finaly got arround to molding/casting the helmets... Well here are some! Problem is that I used the last of my supply of mold making stuff (until my smooth-on products arrive later this week) and due to a possible varience in temperature while the mold was curing, I ended up with a few unexpected bubbles. I decided to use the molds anyway to also use up my old supply of TAP casting resin. The Airborne helmets had the most air bubble problems, with the Clone Engineer having the second most. (Though oddly those were the majority of the helmets that turned out well...) The Demolitions Clone helmet prototype sculpt was partially destroyed while attempting to remove from the mold, unfortunate as the mold for it was less than desireable (spelling?). I got a few to (kind of) turn out well, including the antenna. The Galactic Marine had the problem of rarely getting resin into the part of the lower face mask. (I was using one part molds for all these.) I attempted Glassman's process of "cast a removable helmet without dremelling it to death" and had a few successes, but all the failures were to blame on me for getting to rushed trying to do too many things at once.

Ahhh...A trip to the severed head market! Yay!

Watcha mean my helmet is too big?!?!!

Cody and friends strut across the catwalk with the newest in clone accessories!

Well I found these casts did not turn out so great, but there is hope that the Smooth-on stuff I am getting will help me make some better casts.
I am also in hopes that since I will be trying out Fixit Sculpt, that I wont lose anymore sculpts to crumbling apart in the mold...That really sucked...