Author Topic: johnboy walton's customs updated 9/3/06 with Improved VSTC Greedos pg 9  (Read 38120 times)

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hey guys, at the suggestion of Chewie, I wanted to share my version of Sheltae Retrac.  She came together really easily, and I'm extremely satisfied with the final results. 

Let me know what you think!  SCROLL DOWN to see larger images

« Last Edit: September 3, 2006, 09:12 PM by johnboy walton »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Sheltae Retrac: Bail Organa's Aide
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Hey she looks great.  What's the recipe on this one?  Do we detect the Annika bust line on this one??

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:16 PM »
That is amazing. If I did not know any better, I would think that a prototype for an upcoming figure. Great job, and keep up the fantastic work!

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:25 PM »
mister_palpatine - thanks so much for the compliment.  That's about as nice a thing as anyone could say.

BrentS - here's the recipe Starting from the top down:

ROTS - Capt. Antilles head comm unit, trimmed the front prong

POTF - Ceremony Leia head, darkened eyes, eyeliner, lips...  also, I thought it added alot, and I'm not sure you can tell by the pics, but I sliced behind her ears, glued in the thinnest piece of plastic behind, and then trimmed off the excess.  This caused her ears to stick out a bit, much like the actress who portrayed the character.   If someone could post a pic of her, it'd be much appreciated.

ROTS - Palpatine robe and collar carved out

ROTS - Aalya Secura upper torso

ROTS - Padme arms

ROTS - Mon Mothma mid-torso skirt dremmeled down

POTF - Skirt sliced up the back and glued smaller

And that's it.  As pleased as I am with the results, I'm dying to try it again and smooth out any little mess-ups.

Thanks again for looking!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:22 PM »
BrentS - here's the recipe Starting from the top down:

ROTS - Capt. Antilles head comm unit, trimmed the front prong

POTF - Ceremony Leia head, darkened eyes, eyeliner, lips...  also, I thought it added alot, and I'm not sure you can tell by the pics, but I sliced behind her ears, glued in the thinnest piece of plastic behind, and then trimmed off the excess.  This caused her ears to stick out a bit, much like the actress who portrayed the character.   If someone could post a pic of her, it'd be much appreciated.

ROTS - Palpatine robe and collar carved out

ROTS - Aalya Secura upper torso

ROTS - Padme arms

ROTS - Mon Mothma mid-torso skirt dremmeled down

POTF - Skirt sliced up the back and glued smaller

Wow given all these parts I'm surprised it "came together so easily"  Very well done!!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:34 AM »
nice custom of an actual character we saw in the movie

thanks for sharing
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 08:19 AM »
This is such a great job that it pains me to see you using that awful POTF2 Leia head.  The craftsmanship here is stellar, but a better head choice would have made this flawless.  I would recommend maybe AOTC Pilot Padme or Lars homestead Padme or even ROTS Padme.

Oh, and post bigger pictures to show the exquisite detail.

Amazing job.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:26 AM »
I really like the color of all the red Xs.  :-\
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 11:38 AM »
What a great figure, thanks for sharing it here.  Everythign about it to me is just about perfect, awesome attention to detail and I think the Leia head works fine, I didn't even realize it was a Leia.  I would love to see this figure made.

:)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 01:21 PM »
i'm with Phruby  ???
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 06:34 PM »

And that's it.  As pleased as I am with the results, I'm dying to try it again and smooth out any little mess-ups.

Thanks again for looking!

MESS UPS?? This thing is perfect. I too think this could've been an upcoming figure. Its an elegant design. Excellent job, don't change anything.

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I'm really glad that the figure has gotten this response.  Hopefully someone else can be inspired, as the parts were pretty easy to come by. 

Quazar - sorry I can't post larger photos, as I'm not hosting them myself, but you can click on each to open up the full size.   Also, I think that the Padme pilot head is my fav star wars female, and would look very good on this figure.
     However, the particular head I used is from the Ceremony Leia, which isn't that bad, as it came late in the POTF2 line - right before Episode 1.  However, the way I repainted it, bored out to fit on Aayla's neckpost, and changed the ears, I think it was actually about the best choice.  Also, the face is a little fuller than that of the Padmes, reflecting the actual actresses.   

Thanks for the suggestion though, I might try the Pilot Padme head for an alternate head? ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:49 PM »
For what its worth, you may be able to get an account on Photobucket to host free images.  They accept larger file sizes.  That is site I use and haven't had any real limitations yet.

I too would love to see larger photos of this figure!!

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Thanks BrentS, I signed up for hosting with photobucket.  Not sure if this is what you had in mind or not.   The camera I have doesn't enable me to get too much better quality than this, but hopefully maybe this will help out Phru and Jedipurge.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I'm really glad that the figure has gotten this response.  Hopefully someone else can be inspired, as the parts were pretty easy to come by. 

Quazar - sorry I can't post larger photos, as I'm not hosting them myself, but you can click on each to open up the full size.   Also, I think that the Padme pilot head is my fav star wars female, and would look very good on this figure.
     However, the particular head I used is from the Ceremony Leia, which isn't that bad, as it came late in the POTF2 line - right before Episode 1.  However, the way I repainted it, bored out to fit on Aayla's neckpost, and changed the ears, I think it was actually about the best choice.  Also, the face is a little fuller than that of the Padmes, reflecting the actual actresses.   

Thanks for the suggestion though, I might try the Pilot Padme head for an alternate head? ;)

Given all the amazing work you did on the head with the make-up and the ears, you really made it work and the bigger pictures help bring out the detail.

This is a great figure.  I actually posted a thread about her many months ago (can't find it) asking who this gal was and talking about a hypothetical custom.

You did a fan-tastic job!  An incredible fusion of disparate parts.  Craftsmanship is top notch.

Great, great work.  (I do think pilot padme is better looking, too, but your work on this is just terrific.)
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality