Author Topic: "Other" Kubricks and Minimates (Non SW)  (Read 217570 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Kubricks and Minimates
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2004, 03:19 PM »
I think the questions are where and when will Dark Phoenix be released, and where is Thanos in all of this.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2004, 11:19 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Batman Movie Kubricks
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2004, 11:21 PM »
Batman Movie Kubricks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I picked up Wave 6 of the MArvel Minimates and the Punisher / Battle Damaged Cap. A. Next week is wave 7.  :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Batman Movie Kubricks
« Reply #409 on: August 2, 2004, 03:19 AM »
Batman Movie Kubricks

Oh crap, I'm lovin' that Batty and Joker!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 4, 2004, 09:59 AM »
I see that the Lord of the Rings TRU 4-packs are now available at Amazon.com for $9.99.  I have tried to stay away from these so far, since they haven't shown up around here it has helped...but seeing them online, it is awfully tempting.  Anyone collecting these (or found the 4 packs), what do you think of them?  Are you going to start/continue?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #411 on: August 4, 2004, 10:27 AM »
I boiught the 4 packs and the Sauron, but I am not sur eif i am going to keep them yet. I may return the 4 packs.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #412 on: August 4, 2004, 10:51 AM »
I haven't decided yet what I plan on doing with the LOTR Minimates, I have the two 4 packs but they aren't opened yet :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 4, 2004, 11:01 AM »
I know, I've always thought I would just pick one or the other...finishing out what I want from the Toy Biz line, or picking up the minimates instead.  I suppose, for what I want from the TB line, that would probably be the better option since there is only a few more figures that I care to have.  Plus, the sculpts look so nice, and would probably be a better collection to have down to road to me.  The minimates sure are nice though.  I hate when I get tempted again, I'm trying to give up other lines...not pick up more! :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 6, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Some news notes via the Art Asylum Forums regarding the various minimate lines.  Included is the mention of LOTR Series 3, with the possibility of doing a "C3" type of thing so that beasts can be included in the line.  Also some mentions of Marvel and Trek 'mates.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: August 9, 2004, 09:27 AM »
I just wish they'd stop with the constant Spidey and Wolvie Minimates...I guess they are taking their cue from Toy Biz on that one  :P

Sounds like Series 7 is starting to hit now as well

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #416 on: August 9, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Awesome about series 7, I hope the comic shop by me gets them Wednesday. As for LOTR, still have them but close to returning them now that they may include C3. I am just not into it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 10, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Tower Records looks like they have the LOTR (Series 1) two packs available online for $7.99 each.  I'm still awfully tempted to start in on this line, but I'm just not sure.  I don't know that I am crazy about the "C3" idea that we are hearing in this line's future as well, just for the fact that there is the risk of having figures be "exclusive" to the sets, and missing out on those or having to buy a set just to get 1 minimate.  Anyways, anyone else decided what to do with this line?  I'm just not sure, I really like the figures, and it would be easier to have a larger group/display than with ToyBiz figures (which I don't have much room for, probably looking to get 10 or so total), but these lines tend to have a number of exclusives/chases, and they aren't at mass retail, so it might be hard to keep up.  I've kind of thrown the towel in for now on Marvel Minimates, partially because I have Spidey and most of his villains, and partly because the difficulty of keeping up (and I was behind to start with).  Anyways, still contemplating LOTR minimates, although I am currently trying to cut back my "other" lines.  At least they are wee, and wouldn't take up much space  :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 10, 2004, 03:39 PM »
I just got my 4-pack minimates today and I really like them.  I was going to wait until I found the two-packs but I figured for only two bucks more I get two extra figures so I just did it this way.  I know AFX will have the exclusive elven warriors so that is all I really want to complete this set.  I really don't need to get everyone, I just wanted to get a few of them to put on a very small (and empty) shelf.  

As for the regular TB line, I got Lord Elrond in his ceremonial robes.  What a fantastic figure this is. The gold in the sleeves and the red detailing on the arms of the robe are very well done, along with the sculpt.  I can't wait to get the rest of this wave as it seems to keep getting better and better.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2004, 12:21 AM »
And somewhere in the middle is Canada ::)

Found LOTR minimates today at TRU and guess what, yup, three packs.  

Frodo-Gandalf the white - Sam or Bilbo, don't remember.
Legolas-Saruman-Aragorn.  

Bilogo packaging.  Just plain weird.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.