Author Topic: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures  (Read 30016 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Bonus Mini Hologram Figures
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:55 PM »
So it looks like we're getting a bonus Mini Hologram figure packaged with each figure in the new themed waves. But that's all the info that I've heard. Does anybody know how they will do these?

I'm guessing each figure will come with a mini figure that goes with whatever scene the character is from. Example, Vader will include the mini Palpatine from the Saga Dooku, R2 will include a holo Leia, etc. Of course, Hasbro could always do a random packing thing with certain holograms being rarer than others, but that might piss off variant collectors who must track down each type.

Personally, these interest me at the moment, but I'm not expecting much.

Any thoughts on these?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Well i dont know what to think yet, but its enough of a ploy for me to buy the re-packs if they all have different holographic figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I suspect they will be Holos of the charachters, but that would get expensive.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 02:42 PM »
Having it make sense (IE:  Vader comes with a mini Holo emperor) is too much work for Hasbro.

The mini Holos will be the same as the 3.75" figure - IE:  Obi Wan figure comes with Obi Wan holograph. 

I would assume the pose of the holograph will be the same exact pose as the figure as to reduce the amount of modeling time on the designer's part.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Yeah, a little version of the same carded figure makes the most sense.  I've already decided that I can pass on a complete set of these, as I don't buy repacks.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 05:18 PM »

I would assume the pose of the holograph will be the same exact pose as the figure as to reduce the amount of modeling time on the designer's part.

I would guess the exact same thing.

I really doubt these holograms will really add anything to the figure, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Some of these could be cool (and useful in dioramas and such)--mini Obi-Wan, Grievous, Emperor, Vader, etc.

But perhaps this is the occasion we'll finally get the Holo Wicket I've been half-jokingly predicting. ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 07:06 PM »
I don't see the idea working for every figure. For some it would be cool, but most just don't need one IMO. In the end it's just another gimick, possibly to justify raising the Basic figure price by another buck.

If anything, I would like the stands to be taken a step further to allow the creation of certain interconnecting ground environments like Imerial floors or the desert, etc...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 01:56 AM »
I'm of the opinion that mini-holos could be a really cool idea....  Depends on what they wind up offering though as to how cool they turn out.  The idea of mini-holo Jedi for communicating Clones/Jedi Council scenes is really kinda neat.  I like the Mini-holo Sidious we got a while back, and it makes a neat mini-holo Emperor for a Stormtrooper com-scene...  Weird, but I like that stuff.

Not the most interesting idea, but it comes as at least a better concept than Freeze-Frames and FOrce Files which I liked both of those for the most part.

I still hate price increases on any level though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 02:39 AM »
they gotta slap some piece of trash in to 'justify' the price hike. And we ALL know it is coming
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 04:25 AM »
they gotta slap some piece of trash in to 'justify' the price hike. And we ALL know it is coming

I'm not sure about that.  I think Hasbro likes to throw a little "extra" in - we've seen the Holograms, Freeze Frames, Commtech Chips, Force Files, etc.  I think they're just trying to return to this little bonus for both collectors and kids.

I think they've got potential, I'm just not sure how well the idea will be executed.  :-\

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 08:11 AM »
Mini holos make more sense than commtechs, force files and freeze frames.  At least the mini holos make for a nicer presentation when displayed loose with the figure.

Force files and FF's always end up in the garbage....commtechs too!   8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 09:01 AM »
Mini holos make more sense than commtechs, force files and freeze frames.  At least the mini holos make for a nicer presentation when displayed loose with the figure.

Force files and FF's always end up in the garbage....commtechs too!   8)

Well if done well i think these were cool. I enjoyed the other pack-ins as well, i guess it all goes back to be loving the POTF coins. The commtechs could at least be used for stands.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 05:13 PM »

I'm not listenng.... I'm not listening!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Does that mean I win a mini vader hologram with his fists on his hips talking to general Veers on Hoth during the attack???

WOW(sheesh)