Author Topic: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures  (Read 30013 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2006, 05:35 PM »
I've seen this idea floating around the 'net, and I might just have to try it... a Mini-Holo Chess set?

Hmmm... I like it.  Paint the Baddies in red and you've got the classic red vs blue / bad vs good setup.  ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2006, 10:03 AM »
Anyone think about using these as a chess set? Think about it, stormtroopers and Rebel fleet troopers, good pawns.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Anyone think about using these as a chess set? Think about it, stormtroopers and Rebel fleet troopers, good pawns.

Really?  I had not heard that one yet...  ;)

I've seen this idea floating around the 'net, and I might just have to try it... a Mini-Holo Chess set?

Pawns = RFTs and Stormtroopers
Rook = Han and Fett
Knight = Luke and Maul
Bishop = Amidala and Dooku
Queen = Ben and Vader
King = Yoda and Palpatine

Add a bit of spray paint to color them and volia!  Might give me something to do with all the extras I'm expecting by the end of the year...  :P
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2006, 05:01 AM »
I've been doing a little writing on the first wave recently and the holo's really have me thinking...  Imagine what costs went into producing ALL these little figures.  Each one requiring a mold...  That's a hefty cost.  Same applies but to a smaller degree, for the stands.

I don't know what people think of these holo's...  For me, I really could care less about them.  If they were more neutral in nature, and thus maybe more useful as an accessory to the figure (neutral Vader for Veers, etc.) then maybe I'd be more into these but for me they're just kind of lame and costly.  These really could either be partly to blame for the price increases or partly to blame for seemingly quality/cost decreases to the figures themselves...  That worries me a little since I really think figures shouldn't need stands in the first place, and the holo's are just so disinteresting to me.

BTW holographic mini-fleet trooper sucks.

But yeah, I just don't know what to make of these...  They're costing something, and I'd really have sooner seen that put into the action figure.  If these things are why Han doesn't have poseable knees...  Well that sucks balls, to put it bluntly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Now that I've been opening the hoth wave, I hate these things. I love the cardback art for Veers and the AT-At driver, and they have a big old hole in them because of these lame-blue-saggy-sabered sith that are sitting in a junk drawer.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Just for the record, out of all the newly scuplted hero characters released to this point, I've gotten one Rebel Trooper and 5 Yodas. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I think so far, after what I have bought this year, I'm missing the Yoda.  A couple of duplicates, but not too bad overall.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2006, 03:26 PM »
no matter what figure i get, my hologram seems to be a Yoda, Maul, or Stormtrooper.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2006, 03:32 PM »
no matter what figure i get, my hologram seems to be a Yoda, Maul, or Stormtrooper.

If you seem to always get a Stormie, howzabout donating some the the Holo Imperial Arrmy?  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2006, 05:20 PM »
I totally lucked out yesterday when I received my case of figures from New Force Comics.  My Hoth Darth Vader had a Vader holo - I never thought I'd care which holo figure I got, but having a matching figure and holo kinda seems cool.  (I guess I'm a sucker for Hasbro's marketing  ::))

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2006, 05:30 PM »
I never thought I'd care which holo figure I got, but having a matching figure and holo kinda seems cool. 

Yeah, I've found myself preferring those matches too.  Makes it easier to try to find the "best match".

Here are some of the "cool" combos I have.  I tried to find the "coolest" mini-holo for each figure (which I realize is uber-nerdy  :-[):

Carkoon Wave:
Han w/Han Holo
Chewie w/Han Holo
Fett w/Fett Holo

Hoth Wave:
R2 w/Luke Holo
Veers w/Vader Holo
"Standing" Vader w/Emperor Holo
"Saber Drawn" Vader w/Vader Holo

Yeah, I have some duds that make no sense (Derlin w/Amidala Holo), but I try for a cool combo when I can...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I fianlly completed my set today, I got my first Fett.

BTW holographic mini-fleet trooper sucks.

:P

I kinda like these but I hope these 12 are it. And after the Coruscant waves they get rid of these in favor of more accesorries or lower costs. As much as I like my little set I don't want a whole army of little Darth Maul, Han Solo, and Emperor Palpatine minis. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I find myself clearly leaning toward the dark side- Everything I have bought to open has been an imperial, with the exception of the Hoth gonk droid. So I have 9 imperials and a Han.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I wish they were in more relaxed poses.
I hate having Veers looking at a hologram vader swinging around a lightsaber...
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2006, 05:24 PM »
I agree, more relaxed poses, how many times do we really see characters in fighting poses while in holographic form?