Author Topic: stolen action figure - humbug  (Read 3696 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
stolen action figure - humbug
« on: August 4, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I didn't know where to post this but I wanted to gripe.  I had a small Yoda collection at work.  I've had it up for months and months.

Here is a picture of it when I had the Pimp Daddy Obi-Wan visiting:

Well, I was talking my friend this afternoon and we noticed that the animated Yoda was gone.  I'm pretty sure that someone stole it right from my cube.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised but come on...

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed right now and I've taken all my Yodas down and put them away...

« Last Edit: August 4, 2006, 04:46 PM by BrentS »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: stolen action figure - humbug
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2006, 04:56 PM »
 >:(

Sorry to hear that man.  I hope it's just someone in your office playing a prank, but if it isn't that's just rude.  No one should ever touch someone else's Yoda!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2 on: August 4, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Someone stole a Cookie Monster from my friend's desk and sent her a website that showed him on a webcam in realtime with "C is for cookie" playing in the background.

If this is a similar prank, that's cool....otherwise, it's really lame someone would take your Yoda.
Got Clones?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 4, 2006, 09:03 PM »
I don't  know if this is the same thing or not, but a couple months ago a receptionist stole Bacara, Yoda, and my Gran from my operatory and returned them and played it off as a prank when I started bitching.  I did think they were stolen for a little while.  I told her I'm going to rip her teeth out if she does it again and you should do the same.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2006, 04:10 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  :( Even if a prank sometimes is better for the friends to stop playing with the others' stuff.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2006, 11:53 AM »
That really stinks. you should put up signs around work with a picture and offer a reward, like a lost puppy.  ;D

Right now for work I travel so I don't have a desk anywhere but when I was steady in one branch I had a pretty good sized collection going. Nothing was ever stolen but I would come in some mornings and find everything rearranged or posed differently. Apparently, when the the cleaning lady would come in at night she'd bring her kid(s) and they would mess with my figures. That stopped real quick when I placed post it notes on the figures that said "Touch and Die, you are being videotaped!"...
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 11:53 AM by Madcow »

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I don't  know if this is the same thing or not, but a couple months ago a receptionist stole Bacara, Yoda, and my Gran from my operatory and returned them and played it off as a prank when I started bitching.  I did think they were stolen for a little while.  I told her I'm going to rip her teeth out if she does it again and you should do the same.

How exactly will Brent telling your receptionist that he will "rip her teeth out if she does it again" get his Yoda back?  Are you suggesting she's involved somehow?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 7, 2006, 01:01 PM »
when I was steady in one branch I had a pretty good sized collection going. Nothing was ever stolen but I would come in some mornings and find everything rearranged or posed differently. Apparently, when the the cleaning lady would come in at night she'd bring her kid(s) and they would mess with my figures.

this happened to me too.  people would bring their kids in on the weekends and they would find their way to my cube.  nothing was ever lost except some guns and sabers.  i knew guys were gonna pick up my stuff and mess with it, so i never had anything special there, so it wasn't any big deal.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #8 on: August 7, 2006, 01:41 PM »
How exactly will Brent telling your receptionist that he will "rip her teeth out if she does it again" get his Yoda back?  Are you suggesting she's involved somehow?

Personally, I'm surprised he still works anywhere where he threatened to rip a receptionist's teeth out. At most jobs, those are firin' words.
Got Clones?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 7, 2006, 02:08 PM »
He works with teeth, so it's okay.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 7, 2006, 04:56 PM »

Personally, I'm surprised he still works anywhere where he threatened to rip a receptionist's teeth out. At most jobs, those are firin' words.

Maybe she thought he was being funny, since he's a dentist and all...
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 8, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Well, no luck with the one friend that I thought might have been playing a joke.  I guess he really was stolen.  I'm going to hang a missing persons sign at my desk.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 8, 2006, 11:51 AM »
With a reward on it? Make it worth more than the fig..like 20$ or something. Then if someone claims the reward two things happen.....

1 you get fig back
2 you get somebody(reward claimee) to keep your eye on near your work area from now on

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2006, 01:36 PM »
Does your workplace hire housekeeping from an outside agency?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 8, 2006, 05:08 PM »
With a reward on it? Make it worth more than the fig..like 20$ or something. Then if someone claims the reward two things happen.....

1 you get fig back
2 you get somebody(reward claimee) to keep your eye on near your work area from now on

The only problem with that is that for $20 I could buy two brand new ones........