Author Topic: Your college alma mater...  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
Re: Your college alma mater...
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2003, 11:05 PM »
Well, I'm impressed.  At least it was this :-\ instead of this :'(

MS and PhD rolled together or separate?

MS and PhD in a single program, but separate graduation dates.

It's only this  :-\ so far - I haven't gotten into my thesis work just yet. I'm sure it will be  :'( before too long...
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 2, 2003, 11:15 PM »
Cool, sorry I didn't phrase the question better but you answered what I was thinking anyway.  

For me it was all downhill all the way through.  Being a bugger, field work was great, processing samples was cool (hey, I am a geek), writing was a pain.  Revisions were nearly the death of me.  Nothing worse than an advisor (and he was a good one) that would change your work only to want to change it back again for the next revision >:(  I learned real quick to save old versions of the thesis. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
Your college alma mater...
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2003, 01:41 AM »
I went to the University of Utah.   :)

Pimp-Jedi.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2003, 07:37 AM »

WIT in Boston, 94 - 99 (with a year off in 97).  I am now the proud owner of two pieces of paper, an Associates Degree in Architectural Engineering and a BS in Construction Management.

The school's main selling point is its co-op program.  In order to graduate, you have to have two semesters of co-op working in the industry.  They also give you the option of a third, which most people take (the summer after your sophmore year and before the two official ones).  This program is extremely helpful and gets your foot in the door for when you graduate and are out in the real world for the first time.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2003, 08:43 AM »
I'm a Criminal Justice major at Georgia State University. I've goy two semesters left and then it's off to the real world.

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 3, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical  Univresity. Graduated in 1997 (B.S. Management of Technical Operations, minor in Aviation Safety)

Currently working on my Master's at the same place (Master of Aeronautical Science)

I love it so much, I even work there!!!

Go Eagles!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 3, 2003, 09:21 AM »
I went to the State University of New York at Plattsburgh.  Majored in Mass Communications (TV Broadcast), and had a minor focus on music.  I graduated in 1994, but not before seeing our hockey team, the Cardinals, become the NCAA Div. III National Champions in 1993.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback