Author Topic: Other boards  (Read 9883 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Other boards
« on: May 28, 2003, 01:50 PM »
I was wondering if there were any other boards members here go to in their dubious free time.

For Star Wars chat, I stick to JediDefender and GH.com's BHC. Occasionally I'll visit the Official Site's forum, but only to bump OCB's Ice Cream Maker Guy petition thread (which is officially sanctioned; congratulations Scott!).

As a DC Comics fan, I'm a regular at the DC Direct board. Oddly enough, it's also a great plce to talk about other 6" figures, especially Marvel Legends.

Every once in a while I'll go off on the crappy business tactics Art Asylum practices on their board. (I like their Minimates but wish they'd be in the same scale with each other!) It's definitely an R-rated forum, language wise. :o

Aside from CurlTalk and the Militant Breastfeeding Cult, that's pretty much it for me. How 'bout you?
Post sober.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Other boards
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 01:58 PM »
I am a member here and at Rebelscum where I don't post too much (like once) but like to see all of the fighting
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 02:05 PM »
I hang out over at GH.com, Rebelscum and here for the most part. I'm probally going to leave RS soon though.  While it was around I was over at Deathstarplans but it merged into GH.  I'm also resigter over at The Jawa/Sandtroopers and SSG.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 02:39 PM »
Mostly (95%) just here at JediDefender now for me.  I used to be very active at 'Scum, but the place just turned into a zoo after the GH split late last year.  I stop by there from time to time to admire the outrageously wild shenanigans that go on over there, but that's about it.  I still swing by GH occasionally too, but not like I used to when it first opened up and was a bit more active.  Nice guys there though...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 02:42 PM »
Whoo boy...besides JD...

I am OCB pretty much everywhere.  I started (along with Fatt Bichall) at the old Tomart forums back in 1997 or 1998.  I then migrated with a ton of people to SSG and left in the great ISE brigade of 2000 to Collect Star Wars where I stayed until the forced evacuation to Rebelscum.  Chris asked me to be on staff last summer so I am now here and at GH and still at Rebelscum...and I joined a lot of Boards last summer to pimp the ICMG petition anyway, my regulars are:

Simpsons Collector Sector
The BHC
Rebelscum

I'll post occaisonally at the SSG and theForce.net forums but only on a whim

And here are all of my ICMG Threads :-*
Theforce.net
theForce.net #2
StarWars.com
Rebelscum
Nightly.net
SSG
SCS

And there are more at TheJawa, ArtoosNews, JediChris  :P,
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 02:46 PM by OCB »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 03:01 PM »
I was at CSW back in August of 2001 under the guise of "Boba Rocks". Things went sour, it was abd time in my life, then I re-emerged on Rebelscum in February of 2002 under "Dark Hybrid".

Got tired of that and became Jango_Fettish. RS is pretty much on the bottom of the totem pole now, and JD is my new home.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 03:02 PM »
I put in about 95% of my time here at JD, but I also partake in a few other forums such as Rebelscum, Galactic Hunter, thejawa and ArtoosNews.  I go by "dustrho" in all of the different forums.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Im about half and half between here and Rebelscum forums, although I find myself spending less and less time over there. My main interests are other collectibles and props, which tends to keep me at RS. If it wasnt for that, Id probably have left long ago.

I also spent a little time in the MuppetCentral forums, as Im a huge fan of the Muppets! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 03:39 PM »
I mainly split it up between here and Rebelscum.  It got to the point at Scum where I just quit posting.  Which is probably a good idea.  I just checked back and there is still major squabbling going on.  It is entertaining though :)  

Virex

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 04:48 PM »
I started (along with Fatt Bichall) at the old Tomart forums back in 1997 or 1998.

That's "Fatty Bitchall" to you, pal.

For Star Wars, I'm here, at 'Scum, and at GH.  There's a couple of boards related to the OKC collecting group that I check out, but I'm not too active.

The only other boards I'm really active in are Home Theater Forum, and DVD Talk.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 05:01 PM »
I'd say I'm so tired of Rebelscum's staff I only look around these days. I'd say 99% of my time is to JediDefender.com...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 06:08 PM »
I float around occassionally to a few different boards, though the only 2 I check regularly are here at Jedidefender.com (of course) and Rebelscum.com

I used to float over to GH.com often, but now it's about once a week...  GH is alright, but loads entirely too slow for my taste, and the board has little traffic really...  

Scum I read now more than post...  

Sometimes things just BEG me to reply to them though, like someone recently posting "Well Star Wars figures are bought by kids more than G.I. Joe, so that's why SW figures have rubbery weapons".

I like Star Wars too, but let's call a spade a spade and realize that Hasbro's just cheap here...  Joe's been outperforming the SW license for some time now I believe.  It's a shame people just can't admit their favorite toy line maybe isn't dominating the toy industry like they'd like it to though.

Scum's full of posts like that anymore though, and arguments, and fights, and general tedious nuisance junk that really just makes it not worth getting involved sometimes.  Thus my migrating over here was not a difficult decision.

I generally don't post that much on forums at all though anymore...  No time it seems.  Not like I had in the past when I could type out a 3 page relpy to someone being completely foolish in a topic.

Anyway, I also sometimes pop into.......

http://www.gpxd.com/Index.htm

This is Ground Pounder's 21st Century Toys X-Treme Detail website/forum...  All forms of small (Under 1:6) scale military toys are discussed there though, even Star Wars (Since it has a military theme).  Mostly just XD (and their 32X) though, or A18 (Dragon's line) or BBi's Elite Force 1:18.

Sometimes I run over to http://commandchamber.net/ also...  This site is dedicated to the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith/ Jedi Outcast series of games, and the editing/modding community that goes with them.  You'll find add-on levels and such for your games there...  It's predominantly single-player though, as multi-player has a large separate community and SP is grossly overlooked.

If you want the most out of your game though, check it out because there's some GREAT add-on levels to games that have come out...  I'd say the better add-ons are VERY superior in overall quality to what Lucasarts themselves put out.  And the good ones are like mini-games unto themselves really.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 06:24 PM »
I'm a long time member of SSG, but have not posted there in a long time . I'm also a member of rebelscum and galactic hunter. Other than Star Wars I'm also a mod at www.simpsonscollectors.com .

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 07:08 PM »
Scum I read now more than post...  

Sometimes things just BEG me to reply to them though... Scum's full of posts like that anymore though, and arguments, and fights, and general tedious nuisance junk that really just makes it not worth getting involved sometimes.  Thus my migrating over here was not a difficult decision.

That was half my reason for leaving 'scum. The other half was you, Jesse.

Every time I read one of those stupid posts that begged to be answered, I'd scroll down to give them a reality check only to realize you'd already beaten me to it. Consistently.  ;)

I thought, "Well, clearly my expertise is needed elsewhere. Jesse's got these kids covered. I guess I'll mosey on..." My time is at more of a premium now than when I started, too, though. But I know what you mean about the newbie situation over there. Part of me wanted to stay and enlighten the masses, but I just didn't have the time or the ambition.

Glad to see you here, Jesse. And don't worry, I'm not going anywhere this time.  8)
Post sober.

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 09:25 PM »
Well, I'm only registered at 3 sites. Here, RS and GH. I'll still check and read the other forums but here is the only one I actively post at.