Author Topic: Other boards  (Read 9876 times)

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Other boards
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 09:37 PM »
Well you can guess where I am most of the time, hehe
But I do like to come here. RS is just a ..... now so I won't post there again.  I also hang out at Snowtroopers, being as  I AM CANADIAN !! and stay indoors so I won't catch Sars, stay inside again so I won't get bit by a Mosquito
and get West Nile Virus and oh become a Vegetarian because I can't eat Beef because all our Cows have going Mad, LOL.........other than that , ramble, ramble,
ramble...groan.. :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2003, 11:11 PM by Membraneman »
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 10:07 PM »
Yep, pretty much the same as Bob. Snowtroopers, GH the odd time, RS is so  :-X.
Another site I go to is the Space: 1999 Net Forums. Its new & slow but it is the other stuff I collect.
That & eBay.   ;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 10:12 PM »
I still post in the "props" forum at RS and I do pop in to GH a few times a week just to see what's going on, I've always liked it there since so many of the members are the ones from CSW days.
I do find myself coming here now on a regular basis and I think I have found a new home.

As for non-star wars forums, I'm a regular at LOTR which is really starting to grow, like this one is.  

Oh, and it's nice to the see the "Pink Elephant" dancing here too!! ;)
Beth

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 11:12 PM »
I pretty much move around between here,RS,GH,ArtoosNews,Bothanspy and SSG on occassion.I personally like to read what different groups of people are saying about the same topics,which widely varies alot more than I would of thought possible.Plus the change in different topics is refreshing. :P

Other than that I am also active on a forum dedicated to horror films and also post at a general anything goes type forum just for the laughs. ;D

Offline Obi-Wan

• Youngling
  • The Force Is My Ally
    • View Profile
    • Jediforce!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 11:45 PM »
I visit a whole lot!

I visit Jediforce the most. ;)

But I post on the following list from time to time.
Jedidefender.com
Rebelscum.vom
JK2files.com
PCgamemods.com
JediknightII.net

But that's about it, I'm thinking about joining theforce.net forums if Jediforce doesn't get a Stawars RPG. ;)

Obi-Wan
Staff Member: Jediforce

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 07:25 AM »
Here and GH are really the only ones I post at, but I do browse a ton of other sites:

-RS for their buy / trade section
-fbtb for SW Legos
-devils due for GIJoe
-dvdtalk and home theater for dvds
-Chamber of Secrets for Harry Potter
-comic book resources for comic books

As you can see, I have a wide variety of interests ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 11:03 AM »
Ah, what the heck, I'll join the bandwagon. I frequently visit:

For my SW needs:
-Here
-Rebelscum
-JediForce
-GH

LOTR Discussion:
-The Barrowdowns

Misc.:
-JediForce
-GSArchives
-TehSuparSecret

...Oh, and if you're thinking of visiting the last two, beware of some foul language and such. ;D

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 02:24 PM »
As most of you know, I hang out most of the time at Rebelscum.  Sometimes I stop by GH, and Simspons Collector Sector. I also belong to the Seattle Star Wars fan chapter....but our boards are down right now due to hacking (if you can believe that).

I decided to join this place today after Rebelscum banned yet another member I enjoy talking with. It seems more and more people are heading to this side of the fence, and so shall I.

Got Clones?

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2003, 03:14 PM »
Besides here, I post at Rebelscum, and the 7th House forums (Danzig site). I used to post at the Las Vegas Advisor boards, but the annual fee was starting to annoy me, so I begged off this year.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Well most of my time is spent here at defender but I also go to a few other boards the star wars related sites I check out are

rebelscum maybe once or twice a week I look at the FS trade lists

the-holocron  a fun plce but not toy related

501st garrison

non sw

RPM world  fun drag racing site.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 12:00 AM »
Well, I'm at several boards.  I've got user-id's a few.  Mostly, I'm known as Nicklab, but with a few exceptions at certain boards.

-here, of course
-Rebelscum
-BHC
-Jawa-Sandtroopers
-Star Wars.com
-SSG ( I think I posted there all of one time.  ICK!  I don't like it there! )
-The Spawn.com forums
-and my absolute favorite, a local collecting club that I help run (sorry, local is close to my heart)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 12:37 AM »
That's funny MisterPL because there were a couple times you'd said something in reply to a bad post, and I pretty much just laughed out loud after reading it.

All I could say then was "Can't improve on perfection" so I walked away...

Some of those topics I just can't get involved in.  Namely the political topics.  There's so many lies, half-truths, stretching of the truth, and blatantly stupid things being said in those that I just ignore them.

Those are the types of threads that were better left untouched...  I'd have been kicked out long ago.

So who got banned from Scum, Josheee?  That's funny...  People who SHOULD be banned don't get it, then some obscure person gets the permanent boot.

I've seen people who've been registered as long as I have, who do nothing but stir up trouble in every post they make, yet they are still allowed to be there.  Go figure.

Like I said, I float by just to read up...  Sometimes post, but even that I've changed somewhat.  I did post in the "Little Known Facts" thread in regards to some misinformation about D-Day...  Only because I find the correct answer to things in our history as being somewhat important.

And of course I'm always up for a good "Explain this..." debate in the classic trilogy forum. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 01:21 AM »
As to who got banned, it was good ol' Jango Fettish. He posted a rather innapropriate edit to the Rebelscum logo after they decided to ban the trade or sale of anything non-Star Wars related over there.

His whole story is posted in the feedback section of this site as well.

This new rule Sucks for me though. I had made some good Simpsons for Star Wars trades in the Classifieds and Trading section.

Oh well....Move along, move along.
Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2003, 02:50 AM »
JF you got banned?

hahahahahahaha :)

Sorry, I had to laugh...  Hey, it's funny you spoke your mind on it in one form or another though...  I personally never dealt with the trader/sale forums over there so I didn't know.  I did hear about the various people complaining about a "No non-SW items" rule though.  And I do think that's a bogus rule...

I could see if it were people selling ONLY non SW stuff, or were regularly offering up various non-SW things with very little SW stuff ever.  It needed monitoring...

Guess RS decided they'd monitor it perminantly by just axing it all together...  Oh well.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2003, 03:07 AM »
Well for me it's here. I post at RS every once in awhile but it's mainly in the customizing section.
I remember my dream now.