Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 398731 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Please Vote Willrow Hood
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Yea, I'll ditto that. If the ICMG gets made, I want one autographed MOC.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2006, 04:37 PM »
We should start a list for autograph requests for Scott if the ICMG gets made.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2006, 06:05 PM »
Put me on there! ;D

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2006, 06:43 PM »
That would be the coolest thing ever. I'm in if Scott's in. ;) :-*

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Can't do it. Gotta vote for Vos.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2006, 07:49 AM »
Lovin the Willrow movement- very entertaining reading!  ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 8, 2006, 03:04 AM »
When do we find out who hasbro pre-made won?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2006, 11:01 PM »
What, you got Coleman Trebor syndrome? ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2006, 01:40 PM »

You know, it's interesting.  I never before had any real love for Willrow, other than it was a character that a friend of mine had pushed hard for.  I thought it was entertaining and his role, it would seem, is no more or less important than any of the 163 other figures Hasbro has made with approximately the same amount of screen time. 

But on closer inspection of the video Scott kindly provided I noticed something.  If you watch closely, you can see that Lando very nearly collides with Willrow.  This may seem minor to you, but I've come to the conclusion that this is indeed a critical point in the movie and for the success of the trilogy itself. 

Why?  You'll notice that Lando (and Leia) are slowed down only momentarily, but that was the crucial interference necessary for Boba Fett to get away with Han Solo.  Had Willrow not caused the momentary delay, Lando and Leia would have been able to rescue Han.  After all, it didn't take much in ROTJ to dispatch a lame-ass bounty hunter like Fett, so surely it would have been easy for someone as daring and brave as Lando to do the same. 

Now you may be thinking that would make Willrow a villain in your eyes.  To thee I say NAY, NAY, tis not so.  Your perspective is entirely wrong and I'll explain why:

That Boba Fett escapes with Han and returns him to Jabba the Hutt for the bounty on Han's head means our intrepid heroes of the rebellion (minus Han Solo, of course) must spend very nearly the first half of ROTJ on Tatooine, in varied attempts to rescue Han Solo (and subsequently Chewie, C-3PO, R2-D2 and Leia).  They and Luke are, as we all know, ultimately successful and this is a good thing. 

This is important for two factors:
1. As toy collectors, we would have been impoverished if not for the actions of Willrow.  Had Willrow not delayed Lando et al., Han would have been rescued and there would have been no Jabba's palace, no Jabba's barge and no accessory characters, meaning our collections would be reduced by probably 20% or more of the total figures we had.  No Rebo band (original or digitally enlarged, much like Colman's penis), no Amanaman, no Rancor, etc.   And worse, Y'arna Dal Gargan wouldn't even be in the poll, so casting a vote for her is a waste, for she wouldn't even exist were it not for Willrow Hood.

2.  The truly critical factor is that Willrow is responsible for LESS time for Ewoks in ROTJ than the abominable amount they were already allowed.  Had the heroes rescued Han before he left Cloud City it is not too far fetched to imagine that the entire story would have taken place on Endor, or at the very least a more significant proportion of it.  That would have meant even more time for Ewoks, those accursed little furballs that begat Jar Jar Binks.  Remember, liking Ewoks infers a love for Jar Jar, so be careful where your allegiances lie, for yoosa may be showing your true leanings. 

No, without Willrow Hood, we'd have been even more inundated by those stupid little tribbles Ewoks.  Ewok haters of the world unite!  Vote for Willrow Hood!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Hey, where is that ICMG logo I whipped up when you started the campaign?

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2006, 06:34 PM »
why is this thread stickied?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2006, 07:05 PM »
why is this thread stickied?

Because a retired staff member, Scott, has been working for years to get this figure made and we're supporting him in that endeavour.  Check out his petition.

No, without Willrow Hood, we'd have been even more inundated by those stupid little tribbles Ewoks.  Ewok haters of the world unite!  Vote for Willrow Hood!

Brent, Brent, Brent.  I was wondering if your hatred for our furry little friends would come through...  ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 07:07 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Not to mention the petition for Wilrow Hood, the ICMG, has been a front page staple here at JediDefender.com since I have been around...  WIth him having a legitimate shot at being made for once, I'm all in for Hood...

Hood is Good in 2006!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Brent, Brent, Brent.  I was wondering if your hatred for our furry little friends would come through...  ;)

Is it ever hidden from sight?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2006, 10:05 AM »
i voted for him. and vos... and kanos...and Luke. for some reason, i was able to vote several times