Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Willrow Hood

<< < (2/165) > >>

CHEWIE:
Ha Ha... Ice Cream Maker Guy really would be a nice figure (for the hardcore fans) but talk about pegwarmer city most likely.  Not that I don't buy pegwarmers though.

Personally, this is not and probably never will be a figure I am dying to get.  Of course I'd buy him if they made him, and probably 3-4 extra for some custom fodder.  But I would much rather see a figure made of something that I would have a harder time customizing on my own, like Nom Anor, or the Fireside Padme figure.  Or even a Dorme, who at least had a few lines in AOTC.

Although I do agree if they threw in a new Ugnaught then it wouldn't be so bad and would probably be popular. 

And I do think that KOTOR figures would be very popular.

:P

Scott:
How is any EU figure not Pegwarm city...50% of the market could care less

McCusto:
I am sorry, but a person who was in the movie for 1 second, holding what looks like a mini airplane engine, made as a figure would just plain suck. The votes needs to go to someone useful, like a decent ROTJ Luke, or a Galactic Marine. I respect your opinion to vote for this, but not a lot of people would be dying to get him.

CHEWIE:

--- Quote from: Scott on March 12, 2006, 02:00 PM ---How is any EU figure not Pegwarm city...50% of the market could care less

--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I understand that you are saying that 50% of the market might not care about EU figures.  But I think even less would be interested in this character.

For example, here are some EU characters that I think would outsell that figure any day -

- McQuarrie Stormtrooper
- Scorch (or any other Commando)
- Commander Faie
- Space Trooper (retooled, or not)
- Dark Trooper (retooled, or not)
- Mara Jade (retooled, or not)
- Noghri Warrior
- Vong Warrior

Heck, lots of EU material I think is more popular that Ice Cream Maker guy.  And especially army-builders of some sort of Clones that are considered EU or Concept material that didn't make it to the film.  I know there is a "purist" feel that some people have, but as a fan of EU and fan-fiction stuff I like to expand the Star Wars universe out, which I'm sure you already know though.  Maybe it's because I'm a customizer, I don't know.  Maybe we can try a group project in the customs section on this character for you to get a feel of how much interest is there for it.  We've had a lot more participation in the EU and fan-fiction stuff though based on past experience, buty maybe I'm underestimating the popularity of this character.  If it were to be a regular figure made though by Hasbro, I'm much more hoping for prequel Lars family and remakes of the ANH Owen and Beru.

CHEWIE:
One other thing I'd like to say though, is that I think the whole "Fan Choice" thing is a joke.  It's stupid.  Just make the figures Hasbro, there's no need to waste resources on your polls.  Remember the Dodonna/Antilles poll?  Why did they even need to do that, just make the figures and forget the polls.  True both figures did get made, but who came in 3rd, 4th, 5th place?  Does that mean they don't get made?  The whole process is just lame, so I'm not participating in something that I view as a complete joke.

I do feel for you in wanting the figure made though Scott.  Maybe they'll make him someday or at least in some sort of "Bespin Escape" Cinema Scene.  Or you could commission www.owenscustoms.com to make a good one for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version