Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 398743 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #735 on: February 1, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Has the massive glut of this horrendous peg warmer begun yet?  It's not quite three months since he first showed up in the U.S. so I can't reasonably expect him to be in Canada yet but someone must be wanting help clearing this off the pegs, aren't they? 

Glut? I've still not seen him or any others from this wave yet.

No glut in my area.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 1, 2010, 11:53 AM »
I haven't seen any of this wave yet either... I keep wanting to just get them from HTS but I haven't seen them there yet either.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 1, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Glut? I've still not seen him or any others from this wave yet.

No glut in my area.

Sorry Sal, I was being sarcastic there.  I know there's no glut. 

I haven't seen any of this wave yet either... I keep wanting to just get them from HTS but I haven't seen them there yet either.

I've been checking daily and nada. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 1, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Out of all the figures in this wave, he's been the easiest to find for me.  Not one I'd call a pegwarmer right now by any means though... the entire wave seems to be having a very hard time getting to retail.  No sightings at any store except Wal-Mart.

On a side note, I'm using one as a base for a rather humorous custom...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #739 on: February 1, 2010, 03:23 PM »
On a side note, I'm using one as a base for a rather humorous custom...

I have been also making some pot bellied aliens with this base. I love this figure and intend to buy everyone I see. I want to perfect my next Fozec (The one below was a first pass experiment) and will be making a Pacithhip Pod Racer Mechanic with my current extra body.

I only came across him at retail three times and bought all three. Peg warming my arse!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #740 on: February 1, 2010, 04:26 PM »
No glut locally but we got bombarded with this wave about 2 weeks ago, and every WM locally seemed to get 2 cases in, and some seemed to restock as well once they sold through one time.  THey're pretty much all gone now except for repacks and a straggler here and there.  I saw a lone AT-AT Driver yesterday and nabbed him, but out of 6 WM's I visited that week they all had at least 2 cases worth out and of the 3 or 4 I've visited since last week, they're all pretty well cleared out except that random AT-AT Driver I spotted at about 2 stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 2, 2010, 08:49 AM »
No glut locally but we got bombarded with this wave about 2 weeks ago, and every WM locally seemed to get 2 cases in, and some seemed to restock as well once they sold through one time.  THey're pretty much all gone now except for repacks and a straggler here and there.  I saw a lone AT-AT Driver yesterday and nabbed him, but out of 6 WM's I visited that week they all had at least 2 cases worth out and of the 3 or 4 I've visited since last week, they're all pretty well cleared out except that random AT-AT Driver I spotted at about 2 stores.

Heh, where are you shopping Jesse? None of my WM's got these or they were out the door quick. When you and some of the other local guys started reporting finding this wave, I upped my visits to the stores and still never saw any of them. I hope they haven't totally dried up. I would really like to build the HK and want a couple of those Concept Snowtroopers. Just a couple, I'm not army building anymore.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 2, 2010, 09:42 AM »
He was one of the first to sell when he hit around here, but now he's one of the last to go.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #743 on: February 2, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Greensburg, Monroeville, the 28 Corridor, and up into the North Hills.  I was more on a tear for clearanced stuff but that one week every store I hit was getting at least 2 cases and still have remnants.  I see the Snowtrooper fairly routinely right now and Bacarra as well with the HK-50 parts. 

I haven't seen a replenishment though.  I'd expect one soon though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 3, 2010, 09:54 AM »
Greensburg, Monroeville, the 28 Corridor, and up into the North Hills.  I was more on a tear for clearanced stuff but that one week every store I hit was getting at least 2 cases and still have remnants.  I see the Snowtrooper fairly routinely right now and Bacarra as well with the HK-50 parts. 

I haven't seen a replenishment though.  I'd expect one soon though.

Which Snowtrooper, the regular one or the concept? I'm not looking for the regular one, but I'd sure like to get the concept one.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 4, 2010, 10:14 PM »
I made this beauty my first SW purchase in a while. Great figure, and congratulations to Scott for finally seeing him hit the pegs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #746 on: February 4, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Regular Snowtrooper Sal.  He and Bacarra are repacks from that wave.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 5, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Regular Snowtrooper Sal.  He and Bacarra are repacks from that wave.

It's a good mold that Snowtrooper, just don't need any more of it. Bring on the Concept mold!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 8, 2010, 02:46 AM »
Not to stray off topic, but here's what I did with my extra Willrow Hood... made some sort of Imperial maintenance worker... I tried making a mop but that failed (was going to call him ICMG - Ice Cream Mopper Guy) and have him cleaning up a soft serve spill. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 8, 2010, 09:36 AM »
That is one funky looking head Chewie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours