Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399152 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Willrow Hood Confirmed For '07!
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2006, 06:36 PM »
A kick in the seeds from the official site too  >:( >:( >:( >:(

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/indexp4.html
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2006, 06:42 PM »
Unless they actually intend to release Yarna and Willrow this year, this is just cruel.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Derryl DePriest must DIE!

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2006, 06:45 PM »
It would actually be really cool if that exact wave really was released on April 1st.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Man, that's just about as sick as the time Scott told me there were a line of Ewoks due in April...

Hasbro probably included those two figures to make the surprise of their announcement that much more explosive. Yarna and ICMG will be made.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2006, 07:02 PM »
Man, that's just about as sick as the time Scott told me there were a line of Ewoks due in April...

Hasbro probably included those two figures to make the surprise of their announcement that much more explosive. Yarna and ICMG will be made.

I really hope that is the case...by my count there are 5 spots left for the 10 fan choice figures. I hope they are 2 of the 5.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2006, 07:03 PM »
 >:(
 :'(

Lame. What a horrible joke.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Yeah, that was pretty lame Hasbro.  Oh well, it's their own fault for missing out on 2 sales from me - Yarna and ICMG.  Real smart there morons. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Actually this little lineup that they "joked" about is better than about 75% of the garbage they unveiled today:

#53 Willrow Hood (the Cloud City civilian carrying the "ice-cream maker")
#54 Yarna (the multi-breasted dancer in Jabba's Palace)
#55 "X-tra Crispy Beru & Lars"
#56 Jawa 2-pack
#57 Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon Jinn
#58 Funeral Pyre Darth Vader

The only stuff they showed today that I'd buy before this wave is the Galactic Marine, Kashyyyk clone, Parjai trooper, imperial officer multipack, and a very select few other figures.

Neon EU packs, clone 41 off screen paints, camo droids...forget all that bull****.  I'm not buying it.

I'd have bought their entire "joke" wave though, I'm sure of that.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2006, 08:36 PM »
This. . .  Gargan. . .  two horrible Tarkins. . .  Han and Luke Stormtroopers with atrocious paint apps. . .

What a bunch of ******* cockteases.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Hasbro thanks up then flips us the bird???
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2006, 09:27 PM »
Is anyone else a little pissed about the 4/1/07 slide?
I was so excited that they were going to make all of those figures,  I saw the pics and the type of how they were listening.

Then StarWars.com gives the official notice that it was BS. If you are listening Re-Hashbro make something new. More than half of what you showed is the same stuff! A new head here and new head there.
O-Boy a new cockpit for the tie fighter! Great more Jedi starfighters and clones with a few stripes.

You suck. You will waste time on the naboo loser but not the King of Losers we love -ICMG. He won the fans choice..it was rigged. :'(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro thanks up then flips us the bird???
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2006, 09:30 PM »
I too was a little dissapointed, if Willrow was made I'd gladly pick him up. It wasn't even a "funny" joke, it was more of a slap in the face to collectors, especially considering how both Willrow and Yarna made the top 25 in the Fan's Choice Poll. Oh well, although a little dissapointed, I'm not too bummed, after all, these are just toys...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2006, 09:31 PM »
I'm sure they thought they were being funny, but they didn't realize that they were pissing off pretty much every long-time collector who would LOVE to see those figures (yes, all of them) made.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2006, 09:34 PM »
I'm sure they thought they were being funny, but they didn't realize that they were pissing off pretty much every long-time collector who would LOVE to see those figures (yes, all of them) made.

I said in another thread, I literally honestly truly believe that their "joke" slide was better than about 75% of their offerings for '07.  What a dichotomy, great stuff like the Kashyyyk clone, Parjai, and Marine, and then all the other ****.

I don't think collectors on the whole are discriminating enough, buying every piece of trash Hasbro puts out, beating down Target's stock room doors with DCPI numbers in hand, shelling out $13 for exclusives.  This is why Hasbro is not being held to a higher standard.  Because they are able to sell the majority of us any piece of **** they want, and name their price in the process.

As a group we really need to stop this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 09:41 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2006, 09:54 PM »
From what JediMAC told me:

People erupted in cheers when Willrow came up and even more cheers when Yarna was then shown.  Then the middle finger was given to the people in attendance when the charred skeletons were shown.  And everyone was in shock that they were just dicking around

ICMG has gone from in-joke between 6-7 guys at the old BHC to getting joked about by Hasbro.  We've come a long way, baby, but...we've only just begun

I think the fact that he made the top 25 and that people are mad about this could mean that eventually someday, somewhere Willrow will be made and I can then die a happy man