Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 401289 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2007, 11:55 PM »
figures are more for kids than adults no kid would want that it would be a pegwarmer.

Not according to Hasbro, not in a non-movie year.  Outside of movie years, adults dominate the purchases. 

And you can't tell me that it will peg warm more than Quinlan Vos?  That damn two pack is blocking the pegs around here and preventing new stuff from going out.  Two figures plus a comic for less than two single figures combined and a 'winner' in fan polls can't sell? 

Bring on Willrow!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #346 on: September 2, 2007, 06:51 PM »
I hear tell the anti-Wilrow crowd elsewhere are at their constant whining and bitching again...  Veiling it as "just good humor and fun" instead of what it truly is.

I'll reiterate what a shame the hobby is at times though...  People are getting something they've petitioned and asked for now for some years.  It's not something everyone wants, but it's something that a fair sized vocal group DO want...  Why can't anyone just be happy about that, and happy for others instead of bitching about it?

Fine, you don't like him, don't buy him, but at least be happy for those who DO want to pick up Wilrow Hood the ICMG at some point for their collections.  That's all.

I, for instance, could give two ***** about Yarna or Padme in her various outfits...  If I never got any of those figures, and the line ended, I'd be perfectly happy really.  But at the same time I know people DO want those figures other than myself, and I'm happy when they get them and they turn out nice as people want them to be...  The hobby used to kind of have that vibe to it, but anymore there's a lot of people who jumped on in the last 2 or 3 years that really cannot be happy for ANYONE but themselves.  Take a guess where most of them settled at?   ::)

It's really a shame...  Nothing funny about it, just sadness that so many are so spiteful over a toy being made.  You'd think they were 100% positive that the one figure that made THEM happy wasn't getting made because of Wilrow getting the green light...  If that's the "sense of humor" about the situation, well I feel sorry for them I guess.  Seems like a lot of sour grapes to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 2, 2007, 07:52 PM »
This is quite the Willrow Circle Jerk we have going on here.   ::)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 2, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Jesse, I agree with you on the whole "anti-Willrow" RS crowd. It's getting ******* ridiculous over there. The most annoying part is the overly melodramatic douches who think putting out Willrow would be "death of teh line". I could care less about Commander Blop or the next random Clone being made, but do you see me whining?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 2, 2007, 10:01 PM »
If they make a Commander Blop figure, I'm quitting this hobby.   >:(

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 2, 2007, 11:29 PM »
If Commander Blop doesn't come with the long rifle, I'm only buying two of him.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #351 on: September 2, 2007, 11:31 PM »
JJ, buddy, after all these years how can you still be dismayed at the obscene pettiness that occurs in this hobby? So what if a group of people don't care for ICMG, they can't prevent the fact that he's likely to come out in the next year or two so let them bitch and moan all they want, it will be their choice to not buy the fig. Hell ICMG's not even in my top 50 desirable figures to be made, but I'm sure as hell going to buy him as it's another unique SW character immortalized in plastic. And it's nice to see that the voices of the collectors in the shape of Scott were heard after all of his efforts, so let the naysayers complain all they want, besides they probably want a rainbow brite clonetrooper.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 3, 2007, 12:09 AM »
I think the reaction is pretty overblown.  The whole Willrow saga has been kind of cool, fun and a little tongue in cheek.  If someone isn't into it, fine.  Not everyone likes everything.  And if there's a message board talking about it, you're bound to find someone who is going to like something and another person that won't.  It's just human nature.  And there are other people who think that the internet is a license to anonymously act like an ***hole.  Keeping that in mind at all times helps to keep things in perspective.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 3, 2007, 01:10 AM »
Well I for one really hope they never make Willrow Hood or whatever his damn name is.  I mean really, stuff like Quinlan Vos was SUCH a struggle to get made.  Thank goodness I bought it the first time I saw it because I've never seen a figure that popular again.  Good thing Hasbro (all praise mighty Hasbro) made that before this Hood ass killed the line.

::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 3, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Quinlan who?   ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 3, 2007, 01:23 AM »
Oh stop circle-jerking you damn moderator.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 3, 2007, 01:27 AM »
I'm strongly considering changing the title of this thread to reflect the circle-jerk aspects of it.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 3, 2007, 04:09 AM »
Double dog dare you

Signed a CJWH Fan

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #358 on: September 4, 2007, 01:07 AM »
I think my general dismay isn't at the ICMG-ish-ness of it all...  That's kind of just a secondary thing with it all.  The point more is that one thing, ANY thing, that fans want to be made, is getting such a strong "I wish they wouldn't make this" reaction from anyone.  It's not even a majority it seems...  Seems to me most really don't care if it's made or not while there's then the split of people who do and a tribe that strongly don't.

The dumb thing about it though is that anyone's so angry over something being made that OTHERS wanted.  Nobody as wasking for choppers so I can see some "WTF" type reactions to that line when it came out...  But now we've got a group who ARE getting something they want, and there's this small gang of people who are unhappy about it and wish, essentially, misfortune for the people who do want it...  There's a distinct level of sadness to that.  It's a sign of the times for the hobby though I believe.  I guess there just was a time people weren't unhappy when something obscure got made that other people wanted.  They just shrugged and bought it too even if it wasn't their cup of tea.  Now though, there's this group that feel anything you want that you get, may somehow be taking a figure away from them that they want...

Just find it sort of ****** is all.

I mean, I actually dig the Vos figure...  I like having it, but I never voted for it and could care if they had ever made it...  However, I was happy for the Vos fans who DID get it.  Yay for them...  I didn't actively campaign saying, "That POS will be the end of the line!  How stupid to make such a dumb EU character?", but that's the attitude these days over some figures...  ICMG just came to my attention.

Oh well...  Just making a point about selfishness I guess...  Now who's turn is it to jerk me off?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 4, 2007, 04:00 AM »
I would have to tatally agree with you there Jesse. I have changed my collecting so much after the Toy Fair Vader thing, that I have sold all my vehicles (except for a few). I don't really care for the underscale or too toyish looking vehicles, but I'm not saying that Hasbro should stop making them. I'm happy for all that like the vehicles with all the new stuff that have shown up. Really you can look at that as more money for Hasbro for making more items or that is how I see it. When an item does really well that means hopefully I'll see something I really want. I really like to see every walk of Star Wars though, so I'm in for figure or anything they want to make. If they do well that means something else will be redone or make that would have not been able before. Really nobody should look at when a figure they don't care for is made it took the place of something they wanted, as it just maybe will be at a later date with the success of the product they didn't want ;). Or to put in a different way, just respect someone else's opinion as the world would be very boring if everyone had the same likes and dislikes ;D.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link