Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 401048 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2008, 05:17 PM »
I think my second greatest joy is that this will annoy the hell out of the Willrow haters.

Absolutely.  Second best thing ever.

Hopefully his very presence alone will be enough to drive some of those humorless bastards out of the hobby for good.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Well that is awesome news.  And congrats to Scott yet again.  I know all the Willrow crying and boo-hooing will begin anew but to damn bad!  LOL!  Yeah, despite some gripes about Hasbro that are sometimes legit I have to admit they sure have given us a lot of obscure background characters that probably no other company would.  I am still hoping someday the Tonnika Sisters will get made but at least Willrow and Yarna will have. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Great news!  Congrats Scott for carrying the ICMG torch for all these years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Yay Scott!   :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 27, 2008, 08:40 PM »
This is so so cool! Congrats, Scott, your hard work has finally paid off! Woo hoo!!!!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2008, 10:46 PM »
I've been grinning ear to ear all day today, seriously.  Thanks to everyone for the congrats...its not just me though.  Pretty much everyone at this site has joined me in supporting the cause, especially at the various Cons over the last few years.  Matt at Comic Con, Rob and Jeff at Toy Fair and lots of people at CII, III and IV.  I'm truly grateful to everyone who signed the petition and kept my crazy dream alive.  We've got some special stuff in the planning stages right now that will hopefully be coming in the next couple months.

I'm also considering my next petition...either a Sideshow 12" or Gentle Giant Mini-Bust (or maybe a Kubrick!)   :P

As I said on the front page, A day long remembered, indeed!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2008, 11:22 PM »
Scott, you're the man! Thanks for setting up the petition.

Months ago I gathered all my family & friends to sign it. They have periodically asked me what's the deal on Willrow. I was proud to send out an email earlier to spread the news that your petition worked!

Berry Blast Ice cream for all! I am buying at least 6 of him. Don't let him peg warm people!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2008, 11:35 PM »
Terrific news!  How great would it be if we get other Cloud City denizens in the same wave?  Maybe a new Ugnaughts set and a black security guard!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2008, 11:38 PM »
100% want to say congratulations to Scott first...  Scott's the guy that started this, Scott's the guy that gets the credit for getting this figure done, so congratulations to a collector who's been in this hobby for years, who knows his stuff, and who got what he wanted out of Hasbro. :)

It shows that it pays to be persistant if Hasbro shows you that "anything is possible", but won't commit to your idea directly.  Scott gets a whole figure made, and that kicks ass, plus it's a background OT figure from an area where Hasbro doesn't delve too often (Bespin).

Can we now be the Rebel Trooper resculpt home?  Please? :)

Anyway, Brent summed up my second love...  Everyone who whined against getting a background figure, against getting something others actually wanted, will now be annoyed, and that's sort of funny.

I said it before, and I'll say it again...  If you wanted a figure or something made, others should be happy for you if you get it made, instead of acting like you are taking something out of their pocket.  Anyone who acts otherwise is really needs to grow the **** up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2008, 01:40 AM »
This is outstanding news. This goes to show you persistence and patience pays off. Congrats to you Scott, since you started this.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2008, 07:43 AM »
First, hats off to Hasbro for continuing to find new ways of satisfying both avid collectors and young enthusiasts alike. Willrow hasn't been high on my list but I signed the petition to support my fellow collectors. Oh, who am I kidding? I would have signed a petition for the guy sitting third from the right, second row, center section at the Boonta Eve Podrace challenge that’s how much I love collecting Star Wars.

Second, in honor of Willrow’s 2009 debut, I think we should all petition Ben & Jerry’s to create a limited edition Star Wars ice cream flavor to help us celebrate. I am voting for “Chewie Carmel Trash Compactor Crunch”.

Nice job, Scott!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Hold on a second! I don't understand, we're still more than a month away from April 1st.  ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2008, 09:00 AM »
First, hats off to Hasbro for continuing to find new ways of satisfying both avid collectors and young enthusiasts alike. Willrow hasn't been high on my list but I signed the petition to support my fellow collectors. Oh, who am I kidding? I would have signed a petition for the guy sitting third from the right, second row, center section at the Boonta Eve Podrace challenge that’s how much I love collecting Star Wars.

Second, in honor of Willrow’s 2009 debut, I think we should all petition Ben & Jerry’s to create a limited edition Star Wars ice cream flavor to help us celebrate. I am voting for “Chewie Carmel Trash Compactor Crunch”.

Nice job, Scott!

Ha! That's a fantastic name for an ice cream. But what would we have for the dianoga? gummy dianogas??
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2008, 09:53 AM »
“Chewie Carmel Trash Compactor Crunch”.

Hmmm. Ice cream.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Glad for you Scott that they're making this.  I'm not really excited about this guy since he's about as boring as it gets, but still nice that it's being made.  I'm probably looking forward to his ice cream maker more than the figure itself.   ;D

Hopefully this will help open the door for a few more obscure characters that seemingly will never see the light of day.