Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399150 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #525 on: February 1, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Sounds like he has everything but ankle articulation.

And who else wants to paint over the Rebel logo on the "top secret Rebel plans container?" Kinda defeats the purpose of him being an Ice Cream Maker Guy when his bucket can't hold ice cream... ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 1, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I believe "insert molded" means "ball-jointed" versus the inferior angle cut joints.

Ooooooooh.  So "insert molded" is the name of the joint... I was reading it as a command, as in... insert those molded joints here.

I had visions of the RFT elbow.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 1, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Great score for the Q&A!  They just finally told us that he would be in the second ESB wave this year so it's nice to see the drawings for him so that we know for sure he's coming.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #528 on: February 1, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Please tell me their image is reversed, and that he'll actually be carrying the ice cream secret rebel plans in the correct arm...  :-\

Either way, congrats once again to OCB for making it all happen.  8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #529 on: February 1, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I thought that at first Matt, but if you look at both arms, they look almost identical, so he's an ambidextrous spy

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #530 on: February 1, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Looks like they're putting a bit too much pomp in the pompadour - that thing should be flattened out. Otherwise, looking good!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 1, 2009, 06:54 PM »
 ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 2, 2009, 01:19 AM »
I never thought I'd see the day.

Awesome!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 2, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Really cool that they passed this along, and it is cool to see this figure actually coming to fruition.  Congrats Scott - can't wait to pick a couple of this guy up.  When does the autograph lineup start?  ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #534 on: February 2, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Please tell me their image is reversed, and that he'll actually be carrying the ice cream secret rebel plans in the correct arm...  :-\

I thought that at first Matt, but if you look at both arms, they look almost identical, so he's an ambidextrous spy

Also the illustration notes say "insert molded elbow(s)".  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 2, 2009, 03:08 PM »
I see the hate for Mr. Hood is still going strong over at scum.  That's to be expected, I guess.  The idiots over there never really got it.

I'm down for one (two if Scott promises to autograph one) and I quit collecting the 3-¾" figures years ago.  So yes, haters.  People will be buying this figure.  Will he pegwarm?  Maybe.  It'll be no different from all the rainbow colored troopers people seem to have a hard on about.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #536 on: February 2, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I see the hate for Mr. Hood is still going strong over at scum.  That's to be expected, I guess.  The idiots over there never really got it.

I'm down for one (two if Scott promises to autograph one) and I quit collecting the 3-¾" figures years ago.  So yes, haters.  People will be buying this figure.  Will he pegwarm?  Maybe.  It'll be no different from all the rainbow colored troopers people seem to have a hard on about.

I logged in over there for the first time since '05 to watch/respond in that thread.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 2, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I logged in over there for the first time since '05 to watch/respond in that thread.  :P

I registered there back in 02 (still have my 40 posts or so) but it is amusing to see what goes on over there from time to time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 2, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Yeah, they have some very bitter feelings about that figure there.  Man alive.  It all seriousness the figure is going to warm the pegs for awhile but so does Queen Organa and that Luke as an office comic pack. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #539 on: February 2, 2009, 04:55 PM »

You have my sympathies...

It's the Chuck E. Cheese of Star Wars forums unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77