Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 398742 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #750 on: February 9, 2010, 02:43 PM »
I'd like to have an extra Willrow.  But that would require me to have a single Willrow in the first place.  Peg warmer indeed. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 9, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I've only seen Willrow twice and I bought both of them...and this wave has been out for how many months now?

I'd like to have an extra Willrow.  But that would require me to have a single Willrow in the first place.

Not sure if we're still sending you care packages or not, but I have an extra if you need Brent.  It's even from a store that OCB used to shop at.    :D

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 9, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Yup, I still get care packages from Jim/chuckles on a somewhat regular basis.  I'd take loose, but if it's carded I want it signed by "The Maker" and I don't mean that Lucas clown, I mean the guy that got this through.  I'll send you a pm on it by day's end.  Thanks.  :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 6, 2010, 03:51 AM »
Today, TODAY (!) for the 1st time ever I stumbled upon the remnants of Wave 12 Legacy. And I found Willrow! I'm actually impressed with the figure now that I've seen it in person.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #754 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Finally found a Willrow Hood!   :D

Now to find the rest of this wave!   >:(
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38 AM »
I picked up Willrow before Christmas and I have to say, I really love everything about this figure. There's something cool about signing up for something and seeing it come to fruition. I can't imagine how satisfied the guy who started this is.

In a way, it's great that it took as long as it did to happen, because, the sculpt and articulation in this era of collecting is so advanced. If he'd come in 2004 he would probably have had a pre-posed "running leg" and had trouble standing.

These kind of cool background characters are one of the things that keep me collecting.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08 AM »
After sitting in my neglected open pile for quite a while I finally got around to opening this guy. He's alright.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #757 on: March 21, 2010, 04:37 PM »
A couple days ago, I added an authentic "Fans' Choice" figure to my collection: An autographed Willrow Hood signed by Scott "OCB" Pearson himself!

So all of you with signed Anthony Daniels, Dave Prowse, Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch figures can suck it.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #758 on: March 22, 2010, 02:40 AM »
Wow.  Those must be nice to find in the wild when toy hunting in Minnesota...

I can't even find an extra carded ICMG to mail to the creator.  All I'm seeing are repacks, Bespin Guards and Zuckuss.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 22, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Wow.  Those must be nice to find in the wild when toy hunting in Minnesota...

I can't even find an extra carded ICMG to mail to the creator.  All I'm seeing are repacks, Bespin Guards and Zuckuss.

I got an autographed copy too. Maybe contact the creator himself, Jesse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I finally got one of these from the Minnesota Mikey. 

So, is this thing warming the pegs nationwide yet?  I may be stateside next week and would love to grab several more.  Surely to goodness the bane of collectors must be readily available, right? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 22, 2010, 12:19 PM »
I wouldn't say he's warming the pegs at all - Hasbro seems to have done a good job managing the production numbers on him.  The only place I am seeing him is at TRU and Target - he's not hard to find, but he's certainly not a burden like Yarna was.

Funny - we had some friends over this weekend, and they have kids who like Star Wars a lot.  One of them saw my Willrow Hood, and said "Look - a fat guy!"  - it was priceless.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 22, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I wouldn't say he's warming the pegs at all - Hasbro seems to have done a good job managing the production numbers on him.  The only place I am seeing him is at TRU and Target -

This is good news indeed.  I would like to find a couple more for sure so if he's easy to find that would be awesome. 

What's wrong with fat guys?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 23, 2010, 01:28 AM »
I saw two hanging on the pegs when I went home for Spring Break. Kind of kicking myself for not snagging them, since I'm sure there are still some JDers in need of him.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 23, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I got mine the very first time I saw him, at a local toy show in December. Since then I've only seen him once at retail.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!