Author Topic: Sideshow Collections  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Sideshow Collections
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:49 AM »
Figured I'd start off a new thread now that 4 figs are out with more coming shortly. 

Overall display with two IKEA Detolfs (painted black) flanking the TV.  Anakin's and Luke's FX lightsabers are on top

Blades lit (should have turned off my flash for a better effect)

Closeup of left Detolf

And the right

Once Han, Obi-Wan and Mace get here I'm going to have to do some rearranging.  I figure Mace and Kit together and Anakin and Obi-Wan together (brilliant huh?).  Han will go next to Luke.

No idea where I'm going to put that Jabba.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Collections
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 12:03 PM »
I still haven't opened mine but nice set up.  I'm trying to figure away to disply all my side show stuff right now.  I have all the 1/4's plus all 12" and then the 2 Prediters and soon Robo-cop and Ed 209.  I'm moving in October so I've sure I'll find a good way to do it then.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Great set up buddy.  I'm considering buying a couple, but I'm moving into a new place with a somewhat smaller room and I just got a 56" Samsung 1080p DLP television, so I may just not have the room to do something like this.  I would at least like to get 1 Detolf though.  Hopefully I can make it work. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:10 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:20 AM »
Very nice. I still need to set mine up, waiting to buy a dislay case. Those look pretty good. Are the wide enough to fit Jabba?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Are the wide enough to fit Jabba?

I don't think so.  Like I said, I have no idea where Jabba's going to go.  I do have a built in shelf just to the left of the setup that I could put him on, but I would need to buy a glass case to cover him.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Are the wide enough to fit Jabba?

I don't think so.  Like I said, I have no idea where Jabba's going to go.  I do have a built in shelf just to the left of the setup that I could put him on, but I would need to buy a glass case to cover him.

Got ya, i thought you meant you had no idea which side you wanted Jabba to go on. Cool thanks for the info.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:34 AM »
Bumping up an old topic here, but I was just curious if anyone has more pics to share of their Sideshow collections.  From what I've seen before, they really seem to display nicely together as a line.  I was continuing to dig through various boxes of my collection this weekend and took a look at the few figures I have from this line (Bespin Han, Smuggler Han, and Princess Leia).  I almost wish I hadn't found them, because now I'm tempted to try to pick up more again.  They are so nice, but often a little pricey for me.  I did preorder the Lando "just in case" back when he went up, and originally had aspirations of picking up just the main characters from the OT.  I've been tempted lately to order a Stormtrooper from Sideshow, and trying to track down a Luke, Obi-Wan, and eventually Vader.  Ah, too much neat stuff these days.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 02:52 PM »
I'll clean up my desktop today, and share my collection.  :-*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Holy ****, my collection has come a long way since I started this thread.

I need to post some updated pics after I get my room reorganized.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48 PM »
I only own one Sideshow 12" figure, Sith Eyes Anakin.  I had half a dozen of them but sold them off, however I wish I would have kept Obi-Wan so that Anakin had someone to pose in battle with.

I'd love to see pics of what people have assembled.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Wasn't sure which thread to bump, but I just ordered Captain Antilles ($45 shipped after gift card) and a second stormtrooper ($45 shipped after rewards points)... Feels like it's been forever since a new release.