Author Topic: UGP - Sponsorship  (Read 9729 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
UGP - Sponsorship
« on: August 11, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Here is where we can discuss cost and look for ways to pay for this project. We will be talking about sponsorship issues and ways to raise funds and who will manage these things.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: UGP - Sponsorship
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:28 AM »
Chewie and I were just kinda chatting a bit last night. I came up with an idea for a sponsor that would help greatly in parts, and possibly cash flow.

Goodtogocutoms.com would be a great company to have on our side, and I'm sure they'd agree to help. There would be plenty of publicity for them and some very nice parts for use for all of us. Plus, I'm sure that there are plenty of people on GTG/Comando that have really checked this thing out. On those two sites there is alot of talent that we could use. :P

Just a thought

Adam

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:54 PM »
As for GTG, I'm on it.. I'm actually gonna start casting for them an I'll be a bigger part of "the team" I talked to Bekker about it a couple times and he really like the idea, both a way to advertise at C4 for and also helping us get stuff casted.. Now, I dont know about them sponcering money wise, we'd have to talk about that, but casted materials and stuff like that could really help in the long run...
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 09:40 PM »
If you'd like a web site devoted to this project in all it's glory, ('cuz, man, it deserves it!), I co-own a small web hosting company - which we've devoted to all things that some might consider... 'dorky.' (We're also going to be a gaming store ;))

I'd be happy to donate hosting (& perhaps even design) for a site like that, in return for the chance that it might draw in more business from folks that need cheap, but better-than-geocites web space. (Currently, we're hosting Findswoman's web site - so we have an in-house reference if you need one.)

Just let us know,
Tom - from the JackPoint (theJackPoint.com & t-j-p.net;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:51 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 11:58 AM »
We definately got to talk Tom. I'm extreemly interested in your offer. Especially the part of the web design. With the new baby coming, I don't have any time to design it myself.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:45 AM »
I went to GenCon's web site to see if the booth prices were up yet for C4. They are not. However, I did check out the booth prices for GenCon '06 in Anaheim, CA. Early registration for a 10x10 booth is a little over $800 while a 10x20 booth is about $2000. Now I don't know if C4 will be more expensive or about the same but it does give up an idea of how much we need to scrape together in the coming months.

I've had some ideas of a paypal donation button being added to a new UGP web site. We might also need to charge a small amount per entry. For example maybe $3-4 per figure. Something more for ships or buildings. These are just amounts off the top of my head. Any other ideas for fun raisers are greatly appreciated.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 10:56 AM »
I say we go all out  with the 60x60 lol.. J/K... I can see C4 prices being inline with these, if not more... hopefully, not, but you never know...
I think we would have to get the 10x20, or something around that area.. if we got anything smaller, well... we might as well take out the "Ultimate" lol...but to be honest, I think we'll need the bigger one not only for a bigger Dio, but for the actual people involved too(set up, sitting around durring the con, stuff like that).
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 01:09 PM »
At C3 there were usually 3-5 of us cramped up in the 10x10 FFURG booth, it was pretty tight and we didin't have any sort of diorama. Taking that into consideration I think the 10X20 would be our best bet. Unless of course we have a millionaire in our midst who'd be willing to spring the $32,000 for the 60x60. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Hmmm, If it was possible to buy one 10x10, and 1 10x20, we could place the dio in the 10x20, and combine the 2 together, that way, You(we if I can go) get a place to stand, and we wont be cramped with the dio aswell. Can we do that, order 2 booths next too each other??If so I'd say thats even better

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 08:01 PM »
But then we need even more money.  Also, I'm not sure if It's possible to assure they're right next to each other.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Just got a response from gencon about booth space applications.

They are in the final approval process so they should be ready by the
end of September if not earlier.  Feel free to check in with me or check
the website starting on the 20th.  Thanks!

Megan Culver
Marketing & Exhibits Manager

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Fundraising Ideas
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 03:10 PM »
What do you think to running a series of ebay auctions where the proceeds go to c4 booth space money? We could auction off custom figures or dioramas and have them advertised on the main page.

Another idea would be a silent auction done outside ebay in our forums. Basically, people would send me their bid and I'll post the highest bid so far in a message.

Any other fund raising ideas beyond begging sponsers to help and selling girl scout cookies?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Raising funds idea?
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I'm not sure what your exact situation is Paul but FFURG was able to get space from Lucasfilm without paying...  So were numbers of collector groups like PSWCS and of course Niub Niub from GH.com had his Death Star project going full swing with a HUGE section for just himself.

I'm not sure if you've tried contacting LFL yet, it's a little early (but not much), but I'd think they'd be open to you being one of the fan groups they'd WANT at the show.

I know our space (FFURG) was beyond tiny and we really needed lots more...  We did more traffic daily than most of the fan groups pulled in.  Anyway though I'm not sure if you have tried contacting them but getting in touch with someone involved with CIV would be a good idea.  You may not have to pay for space out of your own pocket then, especially since this isn't anything benefiting any of you financially...  I'd think they'd be happy to have you guys aboard.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:42 PM »
What's wrong with girl scout cookies?

Anyway, i think getting in touch with LFL might be a good idea, like Jesse said, hopefully they'll be generous.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:35 PM »
I jokingly suggested last night at the chat about contacting George; it seems though that this might really be a possibility!  As long as it doesn't appear to be dealer space, we might get comped!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke