Author Topic: TSC Figure Protective Cases  (Read 7400 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
TSC Figure Protective Cases
« on: February 5, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I came across this site that sells cases that are designed for the 2006 TSC figures.  They look great, but I've never heard of this company before.  It might be worth a try.

http://www.cagnocases.com/StarWars.htm

thread title edited for clarity - Jeff
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:13 PM by Jeff »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Figure Cases
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2006, 05:04 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6048123770

These cases are available through eBay as well - I ordered a few to try them out.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Thats awesome!  :o
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2006, 10:39 AM »

These cases are available through eBay as well - I ordered a few to try them out.

So how well do they fit??  Or have you not received them yet....Inquiring Fetts want to know.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2006, 02:01 PM »
A couple guys from POTF2.com seemed to be very impressed with the fit; I just ordered mine last night, so I can't personally say yay or nay yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Looks like Hasbro will have a new case for the TSC figures later this year...

Rumors from earlier in the year said these would be Target exclusive, but that white mailer box sure makes it look like they will come from someplace else... (HasbroToyShop perhaps?)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Figure Protective Cases
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:22 PM »
If they are Target Exclusives, they will pegwarm and be clearenced for $0.36, just like the ROTS ones.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 08:00 PM »

So how well do they fit??

For what it's worth, the cases I received from that eBay seller (Comic Book Authority) were quite good.  They were called Cagno Cases - despite the bottom of the case being a bit flimsy, the cards fit very well.  I certainly don't have to worry about the case damaging the card like the original ROTS cases.  ::)

Unfortunately, the eBay seller is out of stock but I believe you can purchase them at www.CagnoCases.com.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2006, 04:12 AM »
I bet there's someone...  Oh, nobody in particular, who buys up a whole bunch of these new cases for full price, then will bitch and moan when they're clearanced out for cheap (if they indeed are Target items).

I seem to recall that happening with someone and those ROTS Target cases...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Looks like Hasbro will have a new case for the TSC figures later this year...

Rumors from earlier in the year said these would be Target exclusive, but that white mailer box sure makes it look like they will come from someplace else... (HasbroToyShop perhaps?)

Now for sale at HasbroToyShop.com!

STAR WARS Official Protective Cases (10-Pack)
Price: $9.99

Store or display your Star Wars 3.75" basic figures with these official protective cases. Help keep the packaging like new and ensure the lifelong value of your collection! These cases fit 99 % of all Star Wars basic figures packages produced during the last 29 years - more than 500 in all! Includes 10 protective cases.

10 cases for $10 is much more reasonable than the ROTS cases started out at...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Yeah, and I'm sure there's something about "Hasbro-sanctioned" that's appealing to carded collectors I'd think...  I may try getting a set to keep the few cardeds I have in them, but I'd rather do it when there's some other stuff to order so it is worth my while.

The only cases I have are ones that came with figures in the past, so this might be worth it to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2006, 05:32 PM »
And shipping is only $6.53!

::)
"This is the way."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Does anyone know the depth on these new Hasbro cases?  They covered there butts I think stating that the cases will fit 99% of figures.

Anyone know if these will fit the Ephant Mon or any of ther other deep bubbles such as the Star Tours figs?

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hasbro Official Cases RANT
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I had ordered 40 of these prior to receiving my Shadow Stormtroopers.  Looked like they were an improvement over Star Cases, as they fit all types of cards (including Clone Wars!!).

After receiving my Shadow Stormtroopers, I got worried because they arrived in their Hasbro cases and the two top angle cut corners were bent.  The cases didn't seem to fit quite right.

Well, today I received the 40 cases I ordered and they are essentially the same deal.  I was hoping to use these for TSC and animated Clone Wars figures, but they don't quite fit right for either one.

The TSC cards get bent on the two angle corners at the top, and the Clone Wars cards get bent on the lower-right sharp corner.  If these things were 2 milimenters bigger in all directions they would be absolutely perfect, and by far the best "universal" fit.  Unfortuneately, it seems that Hasbro does not have any of their own figures to try out as a test case and designed these to be too small.

Not sure what to do now... I have 40 nearly useless cases.  I don't really feel like paying return shipping to Hasbro and getting soaked on shipping twice (the high shipping was the reason I finally decided to order 4 sets of ten).  I also don't feel like selling them on eBay where I won't even likely get what I paid for them.

I'm sure they would fit vintage and POTF2 designs fine but I already have plenty of regular Star Cases for those.  What I need are cases that fit the newer designs.

What is the point of cases to protect figures if the cases themselves damage the figures???  Couldn't someone at Hasbro figure this out??  This is just really disappointing, and I certainly feel like I got screwed here.

I guess I could wait for the 30th anniversary cards and hope they will fit... I heard Hasbro mention this to be the case (ha ha) on Star Wars Action News ComiCon episode.  But then again... Hasbro seems to think their current figures fit too.  :(

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Still looking for feedback if these will fit Ephant Mon.  Also wondering if they will fit the Battlefront Scout Trooper ???