Author Topic: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop  (Read 46464 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
Re: Who here would be interested in my alien heads?
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just added the changes to the Verpine head. I narrowed the head, added more detail, added the manuables and the anttennas. Check out the latest image posted in the list. Now that I have this done, I can now focus on these female Twe'lik heads.

Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 05:20 PM by Jedi_Master_Ben »
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2006, 01:26 AM »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I posted a detailed image of the female Twi'lek head on the master list above. She is based on a design sketchs from the Galaxy video game. As always, comments are greatly appriciated.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2006, 01:32 AM »
Man that Female Twi'lek is cool and I especially like how you've made one of her tendrils flip over the head instead of just hanging down great work mate.

Ron
« Last Edit: April 3, 2006, 03:19 AM by hemble »

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2006, 01:59 AM »
I like your sculpt of the centauri male head. I personally would cut away the hair fan thing and use that head to make the endor rebel viking looking dude. Nice work... Ever thought of sculpting some clone/stormtrooper type helmets?

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2006, 03:15 AM »
Hey everyone,

hemble:  As always, thank you for the comment. I saw a sketch of her from the Galaxey video game during my research of Twi'lek male and females. I liked how they did not put on those head harnesses most female Twi'leks have. The twisting of the tail on top of her head was a nice touch.

stormtripper: Thanks for the comments. I really liked the face on him. At the time I first sculpted the head, I was watching Babylon5 and it made scence to make him a Centauri. After I cast the head, you could modify the head for that custom. That is why I am taking on such  a project. Speaking of which, there are a few people out there that specialize in sculpting clone trooper helmets. I do not see the point in doing something that others are already doing and doing it well. I do not see the challenge in that. These alien heads are perfect for me because no one else is doing this type of project and I think everyone will benifit by these sculpts/casts for their future projects.

Thanks everyone,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Hey everone,

I wanted to let you know  that I posted an update to the alien head list with the second Twi'lek sculpt. I had alot of request for a more generic female head sculpt. A third head will be made from this one to make this headdress:

I am going to skip through the list and proceed to sculpt male Twi'leks next. I working on a deal to get the right body type for the luxan.

Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2006, 01:32 AM »
Very impressive alien heads, Ben!  I like 'em!  Those Twi'leks in particular are fantastic, and very useful to us SW customizers (though the Babylon 5 heads are no less cool, by any means). 

If you are taking "requests," then I, like Gregorbian, would love to see what you'd come up with for neutral, "thuggish" headsculpts like Klatooinians, Niktos, Rodians, Duros, Squibs, and the like.  (And guess what other alien I'd love to see! :) )

Thanks again, and keep up the very fine work.  I'll keep checking this.

... the Findswoman

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2006, 02:29 AM »
Hey everyone,

I know I just posted the second female Twi'lek head only a few hours ago, but I got another update for you. I just posted detailed images of a male Twi'lek head in the alien head list. This one was a quick one. I started this sculpt out by doing a clay impression of a gi joe head. I cut the peg and hollowed out the head and stuck it on a han solo body. From this point on, I sculpted the rest. The only thing left of the joe is the eyes and mouth. everything else had to be modified for the Twi'lek. I hope you will like it. I will start the generic head latter tommarrow, it is now way to late for anything else.

Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2006, 02:56 AM »
All of these are just fantastic Ben.  I would have to go with the Verpine and Male Twilek as my favorites.  I am stunned with your sculpting ability.

:P

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just posted another update on the alien list here. I add the detailed picks or the generic male Twi'lek. Another quick clay impresion of  gi joe head and then sculpted to look like a the Twi'lek. Let me know what you all think.

Until next posting,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Hey everyone,

Quick post update, I just made some changes to the faces of the two female Twi'leks heads. I did not like how they looked, their expression were to hard, so I soften them up a bit. Let me know what you think.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 5, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I just posted detailed pics of male Twi'lek head sculpt. This one with the head tail sweeped back. I have been asked to do a teenage Twi'lek to go on a Zett body. So that gave me an idea to do youngling male and female heads. Once I have the third female head done, and I get te Zett body in, I will sculpt the teenagers. After I have them molded and casted, I could offer them up as individual heads or as a Twi'lek set.  I am trying to get some ROTS loose jedi figures including Obi wan #55 so I can sculpt the Qui-Gon Jin and Cin Drallig, and I have a body comming to me on loan to sculpt the Luxan head on. So then the next head will be the Bothans. Acording to the Galaxey game, Bothans are like Hobits, shorter than humans. I will figure something out. Any input on how to treat the Bothans would be of help.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jedi_Master_Ben 

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #27 on: April 5, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Damn dude, your sculpting skills are amazing!   :o
I can't believe how quickly you are turning these out, how long does each one take?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Thanks Gregorbian for the compliment. I takes me 2-8 hours per head the lesser if I do a press clay base head to sculpt to. I have a silicon mold of verious gi joe heads that I used to have and press clay into each side and bring the halves together. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. I do this only for my back ground charaters and I so much detail work on them like hats and facial hair, by the time I am done, there is no resemblence of the joe head there. It was a great tool for me as a sculptor starting out. It taught me how to place the eyes and mouth and ears correctly in this scale. Now, I rarely use it anymore. The only problem is that the joe female heads were not proportiant to the SW females, to big. Besides, when I made this mold, there were only Leia heads available.

Again, thanks for the comment.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 01:13 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I know I have not posted a new alien head in the past 5 days, with all the work I have been putting into my Psadan Gladiator and the Gargan's Hoover accessory. But not to worry, I would not leave you all with out a little something. I have updated the alien list with a new alien head sculpt. Thanks to roron_corobb over at RS, for  loaner Colemen body, I was able to get one of my favorite heads made on Sunday, The Luxan Male Head!!! Thats right, its my favorite Luxan, Ka'Dargo from Farscape. It took all day to get his features just right. In doing some research for photo refrences, I came accross several male and female Luxans. So most likely I will return to this species.  I did win some loose ROTS jedi on e-bay and they should be here by the end of the week, so I will have other bodies types to showcase my alien heads. Thanks for stoping by. Next up will be some Bothans.

Jedi_Master_Ben