Author Topic: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop  (Read 46462 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi_Master_Ben's Wax Shop
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2006, 11:42 AM »

Wow! Can't wait to see these fully the completed. The Minbari detail is just spot on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2006, 08:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have a small update for you all today. The last Babylon 5 head, the Narn alien is now finished. Here is the pic:

I am trying to finish the remaining heads. I have two Farscape heads and three Star Wars heads left. I will update as soon as they are done. I hope you enjoy this one, he had alot of detail that was a little tricky getting it right. Thanks for stopping by.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Great work on these! The Narn does not just look like a Narn, but specificly G'Kar! Particularly the front profile!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Hi everyone,

Great news!!! I have mentioned that I was working on a deal to get my custom sculpts casted and made avaible for you all. Well, the ink is dry and the hands were shaked. It is official, I am a member of Good to Go Customs!!! ;D ;D ;D

All the alien heads I am currently sculpting will be made avaible through GTG. Plus, any other custom figures, weapons and parts that the team needs sculpted. I am waiting on some equipment to get here so I can get these heads over to GTG so they can get them to you all. I look forward to provide the comunity with the best pieces for your custom needs. Thanks for being patient and look forward for these sculpts and much more in the future.

Jedi_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Congrats Ben.  Glad to see that something could work out.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2006, 05:35 PM »
 ;D Why, in God's good green earth, oh why have I not seen or heard of good to go customs website before?   ;D  just checked that place over 2 or 3 times to make sure I didn't miss anyhing, very nice.  Ben congrat's and I look forward to buying just about everything I've seen so far of your work. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2006, 07:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been buisy this week with work for GTG team. I did manage to finish one more of my now famous alien heads. Today I display the fiinal wax sculpt of Sheyang head. Here is the pic:

Compared to the clay sculpt, I some how managed to change the overall look from a slender Sheyang to a much fatter Sheyang. I found some more refrence pics and saw that I did not have the face right and something bothered me about the back of the head. By the time I was done, I did a quick comparison to the original clay model and reallized the size difference. Now normally I would have scratched the sculpt in favor of clay model version, but I liked the way it turned out and I do recall there were different sizes on the Farscape show. The good thing is that I can now go back to the mold and make a slender version latter on. I still have 4 more heads to finish up, so stay tunned for more updates.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2006, 08:23 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have another head sculpt finished, which mean I only have 3 more alien heads to finish to complete wave 1 of this series. Today I have for you the Male Luxan Head. He is modeled after Ka'Dargo from Farscape tv show (one of the best Sci-fi shows of all time). I left off scare that he has to give him more of a generic look. I will go back later and add the scar for those who want it. So here is the pic:

I hope you all enjoy this one, he is one of my favorites and was a great joy to make it.

Until next time,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Amazing as always Ben can't wait to get a hold of some of these when they're in mass production  ;)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great Labor day vacation so far. I am taking full advantage of it this weekend. I plan to finish the rest of Wave One Alien heads. Today I have for you is the completed Verpine Head Wax Finish! This one was an early request by someone over at Rebelscum. I was inspired by the one Dark Horse picture of this Verpine wiping out the clones after Order 66. I made some minor changes along the way compared to the clay sculpt. Here is the pic:

Well that's it for now. I only have two more heads left, Bothan Small head and Bothan Large head. Stay tuned for more updates as they are posted.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 3, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Hey everyone,

Well, it has sure been a long week and I look back now and see how many wax sculpts got finished. I have for you today is the Bothan Large (normal human size) head sculpt. This is based on some star wars galaxies concept art for the bothan male. Here is the pic:

Which means that I only have one more head to finish, the smaller (hobit size) Bothan head. I should have that done by then end of Labor Day weekend. Enjoy the update, and don't forget to add your requests of your favorite alien head you always wanted done 1:18th scale.

Until next time,

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: September 5, 2006, 07:27 AM by Jedi_Master_Ben »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 5, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Congrats on the gig! And nice to see the continuing diversity in you 3 3/4" sculpts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 7, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I finished the Bothan small head last night which means that Wave 1 of my alien heads is now complete. Let me say a few things about this head before showing the picture. When I was doing research on the Bothans, I came accross a problem about size. Some sources placed their hieght at 5'4" , where as other sources placed them as standard human hieght 5'10" to 6'. I placed the question to the community as to which size do they want and found that they were split as well. So I sculpted two sizes to ensure I cover the dimentions. The small head is ment to fit on a Zett Jukassa body. So here it is:

I will be posting the next wave of alien heads in a new thread shortly. Enjoy the pics.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Now that Wave one is completed, it is time to post the list of Wave 2 alien heads. We are going to change things arround and approach the lists as themes. So this wave will be all about Female Aliens. Heres the list:

Wave 2 Alien Females:

Bothan Female
Luxan Female (Farscape)
Zabrak Female (Jedi Acadamey game)
Rodian Female (SW Galaxies)
Mon Calamari Female (SW Galaxies)
Jabe (Dr. Who)
T'ra Saa (Clone Wars)
Scarren Female (Farscape)
Jool (Farscape)
Senator Jaoqui Louez (SW ROTS)
Belly Dancer (Farscape)
Leesub Sirln (SW Custom Cards)
Wookie Female
Belanna (ST Voyager)

I can't wait to get started on these. Look for clay sculpts to be comming soon.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 8, 2006, 08:58 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I just finished the first head for wave 2 Alien Females. Today I have for you is a Mon Calamari Female. The design is based on the concept art from the SW Galaxies game. I figured it was high time to  provide customiziers a appropiate scale head for their Mon Calamari female character. I hope you will like her. Here is a pic:

Well, thats out of the way, onto the next head.

Until next time,

Jedi_Master_Ben