Author Topic: Call the bank, Trekkies.  (Read 2007 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Call the bank, Trekkies.
« on: May 29, 2003, 04:48 PM »
You're gonna need a substantial loan for this beauty.

As much as I enjoy Star Trek in its many forms, I can't say I'd want to live in it. I'd feel like I was living in a futuristic hospital or something.

Now a Star Wars apartment, that'd be entirely different. Each room could have a different environmental feel. The kitchen would be like the Lars' homestead. The bathroom would be modelled after Vader's meditation chamber of course. The garage would look like the inside of a Jawa sandcrawler. Maybe the living room would be designed after the Naboo Palace.

And the home theatre... ooooohhh, the home theatre. The possibilities.

Anyway, place your bids here. At $2 million it's a steal. You may have to relocate, but if this place includes a working transporter, the move should be a snap!
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Call the bank, Trekkies.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 05:03 PM »
Well, I ain't a Trek fan at all, but you've gotta admit that that's pretty damned cool!  But even with all the sweet ST furnishings - $2 mil for a 1 bad, 1 bath apartment ain't gonna fly in my world!

Now if it was a Star Wars pad, I might just consider it.  Of course, i'd still be short about $1,950,000, but who's counting?!   :D  I did meet a fella out at C2 in Indy who was actually in the designing phase of putting a Millenium Falcon guest house in the back of his place.  He was a very talented replica prop builder from what I saw (R2 units, Stormtrooper costumes, tons of other stuff), so I wouldn't put it past him.  I'll have to go dig out his phone number and see if the plans are progressing along...   8)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 05:30 PM »
So....I'm assuming you also get the deed to the apartment itself? I mean...if you're just assuming his lease or something, that would suck.

Also, I wonder if it's in a good part of town. It would suck if you bought the place, and found out it was in some area prone to break-ins all the time or something.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I have enough in my Paypal account to bid on that.  :P
Got Clones?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 05:41 PM »
I'm definitely not a Star Trek fan, but that absolutley amazing!  It's cool and all, but is it really worth $2-million?  It only has one bedroom and bathroom, and they don't even tell you how many square feet it is.  I truly think whoever actually ends up buying this is going to get ripped off, because there's no way it's wroth $2-million.

Yeah, if it were a Star Wars apartment/home, then I would consider it but not with that pricetag.  What I would do is to download all those pictures, study them, and try to replicate what that home owner had done.  All you have to have is time, patience, money (of course), and your imagination.  When I get a house next year I'm definitely going to try to do something with the basement (since it will be MY room for my toys).  I will try to make it similar to the Death Star, but we'll see how well that goes.   8)
dustrho

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 06:38 PM »
For 2 million bucks, I'm sure you could buy a million dollar home.....and spend a million making it look EXACTLY like the interior of the Death Star. Complete with all sorts of working fixtures and sliding doors.

I'm guessing this guy probably didn't spend more than a few hundred thousand on his modifactions (no matter what he says).

The auction is probably just cheap publicity for him.
Got Clones?

Jango Fettish

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 06:49 PM »
The auction is probably just cheap publicity for him.

Note to self: Scratch putting Jango Fett collection on eBay..immediately.

I think this guys a little too.."into it".