Author Topic: Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part Four (NEW: 8-13)  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part Four (NEW: 8-13)
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Heres another chapter, once again ... not big on action, but it helps move the story along and I promise the upcoming chapters will have a bit more blaster fire and stormie body counts, and a rescue reminiscent of epIV  ;)

It will be quite a while (like over a month) before I can work on these again, so if these pns disappear into old post oblivion, I'll be sure to bump them when I post chapter 5.

If you enjoy the pn .... or not ... feel free to let me know on both accounts.
Thanks for looking :D

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Star Wars: Old Friends ... Part Four (NEW: 8-13)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:55 AM »
im really enjoying this...its good to see that han was as bad as ever in the academys aswell lol...good work keep it up...plus your photography is top notch
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Nice chapter!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 10:48 AM »
Brisk and Artoo, thanks for your feedback. As always, ... it's totally appreciated!

I'm glad you are enjoying the elements of Hans back story.  Even when I was a little kid, I always wondered what the character's history would have been.  I know a lot of people don't like EU; but I feel some of it is done quite well (not all of it, mind you).  I've always liked the idea of Han attending an Imperial academy.  Just imagine if he'd stuck around, I think the Rebellion would have their hands full with a cunning enemy like Solo ...LOL ;D

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

PS Oh and Artoo, did I read that you may be posting your own PN some time soon?  I'm looking forward to it!  I like the time period you discussed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 10:49 AM by Swede »
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline Combat Chuck

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 03:04 PM »
This is one of the best looking chapters in your series, Swede. I love the med center diorama. The white gives it that sterile hospital look. And that new villain you introduced is awesome. I like how you worked in a little snippet about the clone wars into your story. I've been working on a PN about Solo's history for a few months now, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off nearly as well as you have.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 03:05 PM by Combat Chuck »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Brisk and Artoo, thanks for your feedback. As always, ... it's totally appreciated!

I'm glad you are enjoying the elements of Hans back story.  Even when I was a little kid, I always wondered what the character's history would have been.  I know a lot of people don't like EU; but I feel some of it is done quite well (not all of it, mind you).  I've always liked the idea of Han attending an Imperial academy.  Just imagine if he'd stuck around, I think the Rebellion would have their hands full with a cunning enemy like Solo ...LOL ;D

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

PS Oh and Artoo, did I read that you may be posting your own PN some time soon?  I'm looking forward to it!  I like the time period you discussed.
Yeah, once I get more troopers/ minor jedi like Ki,Kit,etc.... that's my first I have plans for the GCW,NJO,ROTS-ANH era & a PN based on RC. The ones I just listed are only in thoughts, the CW is in early- rough draft. :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Swede

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:14 PM »
. I've been working on a PN about Solo's history for a few months now, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off nearly as well as you have.

Dude, I can't wait to see it!  As you can probably tell, I love backstory stuff.  Back story + Solo = fun PN!  As much as I dig pretty much everything Star Wars, it  does seem that the Clone Wars era is a primary focus in most PNs.  It will be fun to see more OT characters added to the mix.  Keep us posted, and thank you for your kind reply

[quote author=Swede link=topic=13472.msg253678#msg253678 Yeah, once I get more troopers/ minor jedi like Ki,Kit,etc.... that's my first I have plans for the GCW,NJO,ROTS-ANH era & a PN based on RC. The ones I just listed are only in thoughts, the CW is in early- rough draft. :)

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Great job Swede!Your pics are definately getting better (angles,shots, etc)
I love your storyline!keep up the good work! ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!