Author Topic: Is it jus me or...  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Is it jus me or...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Damn.. first Glassman, then Phruby, and now Chewie, I feel like an old maid. :-[ :P

Congrats Chewie.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Maybe we should change the title of this thread. My wife is also expecting our first on tuesday  check this link out.

http://ca.geocities.com/jangosgluegun1@rogers.com/new_page_42.htm

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Congrats Chewie!!! to you and your wife.
This means you will only be able to get  4 to 6 customs done per week as opposed to your usual 20!!  ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Congratulations Pat! That's great news as well and a really cool web site. I love those drawings. Chewie, I really think if your wife has a boy he should be named Lumpy. (at least online  ;))

Sorry for sounding grouchy. My wife is having a really difficult  pregnancy and its wearing on me. She's due Dec 12th but she wants to schedule it a little earlier. Ya know, after adopting the first two and then getting pregnant with the third, we prefer adoption. This hasn't been fun. You can read my wife's journal here.

Anyway, no response today from LFL or Gencon but I'm only down to the third circle of bureaucratic hell. Six more to go.  In fact, they haven't even released information about paying exhibitors booths or general ticket sales yet. This information was supposed to be available two months ago.  I really am starting to wonder if they know what they are doing. Maybe Sansweet forgot to sell tickets and is wondering why no one is planning on attending?

In the mean time, the web site needs to take priority. If you can't program in html, I would suggest try designing some banner graphics or buttons or even a general layout using a pencil and paper would be helpful. We also need some general text describing the project and what sections we should include. All of these things pretty much anyone can do without knowing html.

If you guys really need to know the size of the diorama, I would assume a 10x20 table as our standard. We will make cuts later if needed but just assume we have a booth that will hold this and go from there. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:32 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 04:09 PM »
I hear you! my wife is very grumpy but she won't relax. she vacumes at 12 am even if it has already been done a few days earlyier.

I use frame maker. the problem is that when mac users view my site, the format is all screwed up

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I think we need a section on the web site for babies born during the project.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Chewie, I really think if your wife has a boy he should be named Lumpy. (at least online  ;))

I think his online name should be Rykrof...
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 05:19 PM »
How about a link called ugp babies then?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Wow, all thes babies coming.   That is so cool.  It would be fun to have a baby link!  Thankfully, I'm out of the baby making business.  I've got two great kids but I can't imagine starting over with the infant stage again (Diapers YUCK).  The only sleep depravation I want is self-induced custom binges.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38 AM »
I guess in a way, I was a bit discouraged after I spent hours on my Imperial Tower and got like 2 comments on it, didn't even get a comment from the tema leader.. but he found the time to post a long 3+ paragraph about his technique with spray on spackle...

I wasn't looking for praise or "high-fives" but more on things that could have improved what I did, one peroson mentioned an extension with a turrent or something, but that was basically it...

This was one of my very first "diorama" structures, I was new to the field, and when I didn't really get any "critiques" I guess it really didn't inspire me to want to finish my next project... heck.. I cleaned my cookies cause of a virus.. and I didn't even feel the need to re-log in(mostly cause the lack of activity)...

I'm all for this project.. heck, I probably put over $100 in supplies into it already, something I maybe shouldn't have... Now granted, that's not the only reason, I've also revamped my office/customizing area getting ready to be a caster for GTG and I'm a stay at home dad, my wife works a good 60+ hours a week, so I'm the main man(literally) around the house.. and I also work part time, now going on 4 nights a weeks...
So all that factored in.. and at the end of the night, do I wanna sit down and relax, or work on something, I'm not too familiar with, post it and watched it get looked over in a matter of days... I dunno.. that couch looks pretty good right about now.  ;)
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 09:38 AM »
I commented on it. I thought it was a great start to this huge tower and is definately going to be the focal point of the entire diorama. Have you added to it recently? How about the riviting on the sides and other details?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Joe, I sent you a PM.  I know you aren't fishing for comments now but I did want to say that I thought your contribution was very good.  I agree with Phruby in that I could see this being a real focal point.

I think we've all seen the traffic on the board really slow down.  I know I've felt frustrated in the past on the general lack of feedback but I'm as guilty as the next guy.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I guess in a way, I was a bit discouraged after I spent hours on my Imperial Tower and got like 2 comments on it, didn't even get a comment from the tema leader.. but he found the time to post a long 3+ paragraph about his technique with spray on spackle...

I wasn't looking for praise or "high-fives" but more on things that could have improved what I did, one peroson mentioned an extension with a turrent or something, but that was basically it...

That's my fault Joe.  :-[

I could have sworn I had commented on it, but I looked back and there was nothing there. I might have started typing one and hit the back button on my keyboard on accident and erased it, or I may have discussed it while I was cahtting with someone, either way I owe you one. So check the Dio thread sometime soon here for a real critique of your tower, better late the never right? :-\
"This is the way."