Author Topic: UGP SWAT/Spec Ops?  (Read 5067 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
UGP SWAT/Spec Ops?
« on: August 26, 2006, 01:04 AM »
So I was messing around with my latest order of parts from GTG Customs and this guy just sort of happened. And the reasons I bring up the UGP are 1) I'm not sure if you guy's have settled on a security force, and 2) everything but the DS Gunner can be had on GoodToGoCustoms.com (when they re-stock).

To quote from my GTG post:
Well, It's not painted, it's not intentional, and it's certainly not what I origionally bought these parts for, but I was just playing around with my latest order, and thought I'd share the results.

Anywho, I'd love to hear your thoughts on where I could/should take this accidental project - and if it's worth goin' there   ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 4, 2006, 09:44 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: UGP Spec Ops?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:50 AM »
That is sweet! Wonderful combination of accessories... (and a beautiful Imperial Gunner figure that I cannot find anywhere...  :'( )
What is the shield from origionaly?

I may have to go order some stuff from GTG...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Thanks, Strax! The shield's from a gundam modle, I guess.

And where are you at? I think I saw a total of 4 or 5 DS gunners yesterday at various Wally words in my neck of the woods... Them, and a butt-lopad of Chirpas... Oh, and like 3 or 4 of the newer, "shinny knees" C-3PO's....

Should I go shopping for people?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 11:50 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 01:51 AM »
I am in Saint Helens, Oregon (30 miles nw of Portland, Oregon)
LOL, I may need other people to find one for me... I sure cant find one in town or in Portland...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 02:28 AM »
that helmet is awsome keep up the good work ;)
Momar and Fester

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2006, 12:01 PM »
This thing looks excellent. I want to put this in the running for the Sec Force project.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Now that I finaly aquired some DS gunners I can see the great customizing capabilities of the figure!

Your figure would be a great template for the UGP diarama's security. It would be very cool to see tons of them arround the starport... (maybe give a few of them batons and have them beating the crap out of some other figure! Prefereably a Gungan...named Jar Jar...)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Mwa ha ha ha haaaa! ;D

And thaks D_E! Glad ya like him.

Gotta give props to Fritzy though. I think I might have been (fairly substantially) subconsciously influenced by his UGP Guard which made use of a 'Joe helmet/vest & the DS Gunner.....

Still if you like the design, he doesn't require paint, and GoodToGo Customs might be able to supply the parts in fairly good quantity....

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Definitely! Last time I checked their site was temporarily down with a message saying that they were restocking, so hopefully by middle of month they will have restocked and I can order then.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I like the look, but the only thing I dont like is the head.. of course, I guess that could be changed.. I dont like the idea of the security force having clone heads.. other than that, I think it looks sweet and flows real well.

As for GTG, I've talked to Bekker about it, and most likely they'll be sponsoring us.. we'll know more when the time gets closer to finding out the booth info and such...
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2006, 08:51 PM »

As for GTG, I've talked to Bekker about it, and most likely they'll be sponsoring us.. we'll know more when the time gets closer to finding out the booth info and such...

I love you guys. Hurrah for GTG

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Maybe have a few with an olive drab jumpsuit patrolling the forest outside the city...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 11:59 PM »
As per you suggestion, I'll be working on an olive drab version soon, DN. .

And for now, I'm just gonna go and make a squad - whether they get used or not 8)

Here's a few quick & dirty pics of the 1st of 3 WIP members:

Those clone heads are just placeholders ;)

I'm OK with the Vader boots, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about the pants on this guy ... a little too recognizable for my tastes, but I suck at sculpting...

Any suggestions?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2006, 02:18 AM »
This is great work Pendragon... not so sure that I think they look like something we'd see on the UGP planet... that guy seems like some sort of dreaknock from GI JOE or something... I could maybe see this guy in the underground of Coruscant for but some reason the open arms just don't do it for me... not a knock on your custom though, it's still really well done.  Special Ops to me almost seems more of a clone war thing, because Lucasfilm wanted to create so many clones just for marketing purposes... know what I mean?  I'm just not sure.

I'd love to throw out a custom idea or two on this too, but don't see myself having the free time to for a bit... plus I really wanted to try a new idea for the security forces (which I think should have an Imperial look due to influences by the Empire) and a Rebel design or two, but alas, I've been so busy with work...

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Those are cool. Very tough looking guys. I wonder if they would be better as rebels instead of clones. Rebels don't all have to be fleet troopers.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours