Author Topic: Lightsaber Blade Replacements  (Read 12078 times)

Offline ars30

• Youngling
  • What is Understood_ Doesn't need to be Discussed
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
Lightsaber Blade Replacements
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:01 PM »
I Posted This At another Site And Nobody Seemed To Care. So I Thought I Would post it Here Where People Are Open To Other People's Ideas Instead Of Trashing Them. Ok I'm Off My Soapbox Now.
I Have Been Reading In The Past Where People Were Looking For Saber Blades or They Were Painting Solid Tubes With Glass Paint. Anyway I Found These At A Hobby Store One Weekend When I Was Out Of Town And I Wanted To Share This Information With Everybody Here. I Personally Use These Rods To Make my Own Sabers and Repair Factory Made Sabers. The Only difference That I Know Of Is The Blue Replacement Rod And Green Rod Do Not Match Hasbro's. But I Don't Think That's a Bad Thing Because It Gives You Different Hues Of Blue And Green. They Also come In Red And Yellow. Included At The end Of This Is A Comparison Picture With A Hasbro Saber Next To The Replacement Rod Of The Same Color. On The Far Right Side Is The Yellow Rod And A Saber I Made From A Static Hilt With Yellow.
I Found These From Plastruct:
These Are 3/32(2.4mm) and are a Perfect Replacement for LightSaber Blades.
Part # FARY-3H Yellow
FARG-3H Green
FARB-3H Blue
FARR-3H Red
The Part # Listed Above Are For 10" Lengths (Packed 8 to The Bag) Plastruct Also Has Them In 20" Lengths. (Packed 4 to the Bag)
Plastruct

Thanks For Reading,
Allen
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:06 PM by ars30 »

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Lightsaber Blade Replacements
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15 AM »
Very cool!
I have not done any Jedi customs yet, but eventually plan to. This will help for making custom sabers alot!
Did they have any other colors?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline ars30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:32 AM »
Not At The time I Got My Catalog. These Were The Only colors Offered

Allen

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 05:53 AM »
Well at least they got yellow and dayglow green! Though I always wanted to make a jedi with a hot pink lightsaber...LOL...oh well...
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 07:30 AM »
wow, the yellow is definetley cool! when you are amke lightsaber blades from that what is the best way you've found to cut and round the tip so that it dosn't look like you just cut it and threw it on there? thanks for the info and the comparison shot.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline ars30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:22 PM »
I Take a Xacto And Trim It To A Rounded Point. If You use Sandpaper It Discolors The End Of The Blade. I Have Not Tried Using Heat. But This Is How It Turns Out Trimming It.

Allen

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Very cool for when the muchkin breaks his toys!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Very neat technique, Allen!  Looking forward to trying this out when mine arrive...  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Thanks for posting this.  I may be ordering some more lightsaber blades!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 2, 2006, 05:01 AM »
This is good stuff ars30...  I'm not sure where you had trouble in the past with people in customizing but it's good to have you aboard here.  the tip is helpful even if some elsewhere didn't appreciate it...  Most people don't know what Plaststruct offers and their racks are often baren at my local hobby shops so I can't look at the stuff to know what's up with some of the pieces.

Good info here for sure though, thanks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DmG

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 12:48 AM »
I just got my order today and Ive found the right sand paper to make the rounded tip just like the store bought light sabers. I used Waterproof Sand Paper #400 it says on the back. Its real fine and does an amazing job on these things!

These are the best 2 shots I could get with my camera, so I hope you can see the rounded tip on the bottom one. It was a broken saber I cut for a padawan. Compared to an original one, not too bad.  ;D

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 09:57 AM »
This is exactly the kind of thing Ive been looking for. Which hobby store did you find this in. We only have a Hobby Town U.S.A. here and its about 20 miles away. I definately want the yellow.

Are these the only colors that they come in?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Those look good.  THanks again for sharing them.  I'm wondering how "sturdy" is the plastic.  It looks like the blades are a little warped.

Offline ars30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Darth Ennis: I Found Them At A Store Called Hobby World In Jacksonville FL, It's A Local area Store. But Plastruct Does Have a Web Site. The Hobby Town USA Here In Tally Carries Plastruct But Not The Colored Acrylic Rods. So Your Hobby Town Might I Would Call And Ask Before Driving 20 miles.

BrentS: The Rods Are Very Strudy And Make From Acrylic. I Haven't Broke One Yet. The Only Way I Know Of For Them To Bend Is Too Much Heat.

Allen

Offline DmG

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 05:07 PM »
just to clarify, that is a hasbro made saber cut and sanded down. I have made some with the plastructs rods and they are exactly the same as retail ones, and with the sandpaper I was using you get the nice rounded tip. Ill post a pic of the 5 red sith sabers I made.  8)