Author Topic: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?  (Read 14638 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I have never walked away from a movie I started - at home or in the theater.  No matter how bad it is (and some were pretty bad - I used to watch a lot of SCI-FI original movies), I am compelled to stick it out and see how it ends.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Good point; a lot of films start out good, lag like hell in the middle, but redeem themselves at the end.

Then again, there are just as many that start out strong and totally go to **** in the second half.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 02:54 AM »
Wow - I liked Inglorious Basterds.  What about the bar scene almost made you leave?

Oh, I liked it too, but I felt the beginning and the bar scene just went on way too long. The bar scene in particular could have been greatly edited to simply establish the plot, and then quickly get to the shootout.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36 AM »
Good point; a lot of films start out good, lag like hell in the middle, but redeem themselves at the end.

Then again, there are just as many that start out strong and totally go to **** in the second half.

Well, most of what I didn't like by the midpoint, I still didn't like by the end.  Just can't stand not knowing what happens!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Oh, I liked it too, but I felt the beginning and the bar scene just went on way too long. The bar scene in particular could have been greatly edited to simply establish the plot, and then quickly get to the shootout.

In that scene Tarantino was trying to draw out the tension and awkwardness as far as he possibly could... to make the fine line the Basterds were walking as palpable as the format would permit.  I was riveted.  If you weren't engaged at that point I could see it seeming too long.  Really I thought it was brilliant.  Every second the SS guy was probing, even with the most innocuous comments.  And just when it looked like the Brit pulled it off, he blows it.  That's the one scene of the film I'm most looking forward to watching again to see what all I missed.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj