Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107341 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #150 on: July 7, 2006, 10:00 PM »
I find it funny that Hasbro thinks, after the slam dunk of a VTSC scout sculpt, they should put the new helmet on a POTJ scout, which is inferior on every level.

They should just throw the mold in the garbage, don't rehash an old inferior sculpt when you have a superior one.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #151 on: July 8, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Still passing on this. For one, I have two AT-ATs, and those are a pain to store as it is. Two, I don't like the Endor paint job on this one. And thirdly, that pack-in Scout- wouldn't all the accelerated-aged Clones have been dead by the time of the Battle of Endor?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: July 8, 2006, 04:49 PM »
I find it funny that Hasbro thinks, after the slam dunk of a VTSC scout sculpt, they should put the new helmet on a POTJ scout, which is inferior on every level.

They should just throw the mold in the garbage, don't rehash an old inferior sculpt when you have a superior one.

Eeeexxxactly.

Had it been the VTSC sculpt, I honestly would've probably bought this for the figures and given the walker to the kids as a bday gift this year.  The toy's solid no doubt, but $90's not gonna get me to buy unless there's something in there I want badly enough.  Someone will cast the head I'm sure, and I'll buy a cast, and that'll go on a VTSC body...  Screw Hasbro's pack-in attempt to make collectors want this more than they otherwise would've.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 9, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I'm upset that the VTSC Biker isn't in use. :-\ Oh,well.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 9, 2006, 04:53 PM »

Eeeexxxactly.

Had it been the VTSC sculpt, I honestly would've probably bought this for the figures and given the walker to the kids as a bday gift this year.  The toy's solid no doubt, but $90's not gonna get me to buy unless there's something in there I want badly enough.  Someone will cast the head I'm sure, and I'll buy a cast, and that'll go on a VTSC body...  Screw Hasbro's pack-in attempt to make collectors want this more than they otherwise would've.

I'm with you Jesse, and I don't see many of these zooming off the shelves at $90 anyhow.  Looking at the CW gunships piling up at $45, the AT AT should sit twice as long.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 9, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Don't forget the VOTC Landos. ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: July 9, 2006, 10:04 PM »
With $40-ish Gunships sitting, I'm not expecting the AT-AT to shatter records either, but stranger things have happened of course.  I'm not gonna expect it to move well either though..  The big ticket items never have, even when the "extremely limited" ploy has been applied to them (*cough*Shuttle*cough*).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2006, 08:09 AM »
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy that i didnt need to buy this thing. Now i have to reconsider for a figure.  :-[

If you do, you'll just be encouraging more of these dirty tactics to sell you the same vehicle twice.

I'm passing unless it can be had for less than half the price at some point. 

And I really, really hope that's not supposed to be a Jango-face under there.

I hear what you are saying and totally agre with it. I hate when they add pack-in figures that probably won't be released elsewhere. I am honestly on the fence with this one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Chewie, I think that to have made this better, they could have done the following:

1.  Pack in 2 AT-AT Drivers AND a VTSC Biker Scout WITH a Speeder Bike.
2.  Lower the price to about 60 bucks, tops.
3.  Rerelease the VOTC Stormtrooper, clean, on a card already and continue releasing it until the cows come home.

Or, in my ideal world, they could have scrapped it altogether and use the resources to make an AT-TE.  ;D

Agreed, agreed and agreed.   ;D

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2006, 12:02 PM »
In my ideal world, they would've packed in 2 VTSC Biker Scouts (Both w/ flip-up visor), 8 VOTC Stormtroopers, and lowered the price from $90 to $5.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16 PM »
In my ideal world, they would've packed in 2 VTSC Biker Scouts (Both w/ flip-up visor), 8 VOTC Stormtroopers, and lowered the price from $90 to $5.

I like the way you think. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2006, 11:20 PM »

Now there's an AT-AT I can justify buying two of! ;D

A little late to be posting this but I'm loving that flip up mask on the Scout. Hasbro sure knows how sucker us out of our money.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2006, 12:08 PM »
I have a question for the barbeque chef...

Anyone notice that we're getting the Scout we should have gotten with this with the tins? ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 3, 2006, 10:30 AM »
RS  is  reporting  Endor  AT-AT  Found.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 3, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Uh oh, in our neck of the woods too. Time to start hitting TRU again. :P