Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107336 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2006, 10:18 AM »
which is crap, really(the new included scout)..when you consider how spoiled we all are in today's age of SAC. I guess the new Biker is OK for customizers-- Although what kind of customizers? The kind that haven't already made their own moveable visor yet?

Having this in hand and being thoroughly dissapointed in the biker scout(no elbows/no knees. I have to hope the reason for a said huge sale would be for the new detail on the new ATAT.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2006, 10:47 AM »

Everybody wants that new Biker Scout!

;D

I'm going to wait for the SA one in the tin.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2006, 11:09 AM »
I'll wait for the one in the tin as well.  I had initially planned on picking up the AT-AT, just because I always wanted one in my collection, but Mikey was nice enough to hook me up with one of his POTF2 versions, so I'm quite happy with that.  I'd rather have a "Hoth" version than "Endor" anyways, and with the $90 pricepoint, it would have been tough to spend that much on it anyways.  I'm wondering how many of these will sell, especially with the superior Scout showing up later in the tin.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2006, 12:24 PM »
Having this in hand and being thoroughly dissapointed in the biker scout(no elbows/no knees.

Was this a surprise to you? 

It's been known for some time that this was gonna be the POTJ Scout body with a new head.  One point of articulation for every year since it came out.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2006, 12:58 PM »
For a total of six (for those of you who don't know what year it is).  Or for that matter, the year the figure was released.

;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Would the flip up visor count as an extra point of articulation?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2006, 01:16 PM »
No.

Then I'd be wrong.   :)

Seriously though - does this AT-AT have the same sounds as the POTF2 version?   I'm just wondering if it still has the ESB dialogue in it....

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Don't care, I'm buying it. I don't currently own any of the 'walkers' for whatever reason so this will be my first one.
Don't care about electronics, ect-without those you actually have to use your imagination more in play=I'm over it.
Now that I have a lotsa cash from zachmoe We're gonna get this now.

It will be an opener when we buy it too.

So, the answer is no, Matthew ..it was no surprise about the figure as I did read about it earlier in the thread...my motivation to buy this vehicle was purely based on the fact that I did not have a walker yet, period. Turns out that later on it was determined that it does have electronics so a plus there. Can one still be dissapointed still in a figure even if he knows before hand of it's shortcomings? Yes. 'It 's been known for some time..blah, blah, blah'..thanks expert.

My only dissapointment of the vehicle itself is like ..was it Anton? mentioned earlier about that damn electronics panel being so big it takes alot of space away from extra troops going inside..on the flip side, there is electronics period which is better than some of the rumor earlier on about that.

I did have another temporary dissapointment with mine in the beginning with the sounds and lights in the head not working..but, like I mentioned earlier, I took the head apart adjusted the wiring and now it works fine.

The DS 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2006, 01:37 PM »
I don't own the earlier versions but the button on the far right does sound like the ESB full energy blast of the shield generator and it's followed by an explosion sound.

The button in the middle sounds like the typical dual 'chin cannon' or whatever they're called sounds....you also hear this and see the lights too when you activate those guns on the head.

the 3rd button sound may be new? Mine gives different sounds when I push it.
It sounds like the ATAT marching then ending with a stomping sound(like it stepped on something). Sometimes though, after the marching it makes a long drawn out hydraulic sound..is this new?

At least I know the pics on the electronic console are new...there's a pic of an Endor ATAT parked next to the landing platform.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 01:41 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Can one still be dissapointed still in a figure even if he knows before hand of it's shortcomings? Yes. 'It 's been known for some time..blah, blah, blah'..thanks expert.

Jeezus.

Your original post read like you might not have been aware of the limited articulation--so I was just clarifying.

Gimme a break--I left my special "Darth Slothus Decoder" glasses in my other pants this morning.

Yours,

Expert
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2006, 01:50 PM »
C'mon you know you can't come on here without those!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2006, 02:02 PM »
I don't own the earlier versions but the button on the far right does sound like the ESB full energy blast of the shield generator and it's followed by an explosion sound.

The button in the middle sounds like the typical dual 'chin cannon' or whatever they're called sounds....you also hear this and see the lights too when you activate those guns on the head.

the 3rd button sound may be new? Mine gives different sounds when I push it.
It sounds like the ATAT marching then ending with a stomping sound(like it stepped on something). Sometimes though, after the marching it makes a long drawn out hydraulic sound..is this new?

At least I know the pics on the electronic console are new...there's a pic of an Endor ATAT parked next to the landing platform.

So it sounds like the sounds are the same as the POTF2 version except for the deletion of the ESB dialogue.

No surprise there.

Are there little hologram pictures about the sound buttons (on the control panel)?

The POTF2 version had a picture of Vader and a Hoth base.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2006, 02:21 PM »
The old one had the sounds of stomping on a snowspeeder and an explosion that follows
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2006, 03:49 PM »

Ruiner..

if your talking about the ones at the top of the electronics console? The 2 that have a light behind them? Those are different as I mentioned above.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Has anyone with the previous release taken out, or tried to take out the consul?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."