Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107323 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2006, 03:34 PM »
....lost the damn receipt....

Oboewan

This beast is an exclusive to TRU so the should take it back with no problem. If anything the worst that could happen is they give you a gift card with the amount of the latest sale price.

They have this new policy that they won't take ANYTHING back without a receipt or gift receipt...
it's totally the suck!
Mayble I'll just try another TRU or wait until after X-mas to take it back

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2006, 08:58 PM »
That makes no sense that they need a receipt for the AT AT at least.  The stupid overpriced wretched looking piece of **** couldn't have come from anywhere else, being a TRU exclusive.

Unless they're selling it on Amazon.com or something and they're worried you used a coupon.

I don't care enough about the AT AT to explore that possibility.

I think eventually you'll find a manager who has a clue that will take it back for you.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 4, 2006, 04:20 PM »
I know this is the original old mold for the at-at walker but I never had it, MY  parents weren't going to spend $60 for it BUT I did buy today for my son, so he can have it, just gotta love living vicariously through our kids to perpetuate collecting SW Stuff  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 5, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Quote from: Oboewan l

They have this new policy that they won't take ANYTHING back without a receipt or gift receipt...
it's totally the suck!

Did you buy it with a credit card? Maybe TRU can look up the purchase that way. They do at Target.

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 6, 2006, 09:22 PM »
Just bought this today. Was in TRU and thankfully, I had just got a GST check which was able to cover the sale price of this (74.97+tax) and they only had one left on the shelf.

Haven't had a chance to open it yet. Unfortunately my mom is a psycho when it comes to me being a toy collector despite the fact that I'm 28. So unfortunately it is currently sitting in the trunk of my dad's car.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 4, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Man, if you sleep on these exclusives you're bound to miss them.  I went back to TRU over the weekend to look at the AT-AT (and Dagobah X-Wing) and wouldn't you know, they're all gone.

I should've picked up the CW Gunship that I've been going back and forth on. 

I suppose the upcoming holiday doesn't help either - the figures aren't moving very well here but the ships sure are.  Even the ROTS Falcons are moving steadily at full price.  They've been warming the shelves ever since their release (a year and a half now)?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 4, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Quote from: Oboewan l

it's totally the suck!

Did you buy it with a credit card? Maybe TRU can look up the purchase that way. They do at Target.

Yeah.. no dice... but it's been resolved- the guy I'd purchased it for decided he wanted a 2nd one to open after seeing my open ATAT in my Endor display.

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 4, 2006, 10:19 AM »
At the very least, I hope TRU and Hasbro are pleased with how well this has sold. I'm sure there was some apprehension about putting such a big item out, again, but with the holidays, there as probably no worry.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 5, 2006, 04:24 PM »
i still want to get one of these. my buddy said he would get me one for christmas but last time we went to TRU there was only 2 left :(. it looks so cool too.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2006, 09:30 PM »
it is official. my sis went to 2 TRU's to try and buy me a AT-AT for christmas....and they were all sold out. one of them had 5 in the computer but the employees couldnt find it in the back..and then the manager said that they were damaged and sent back. they won't be getting another shipment :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 17, 2006, 07:14 PM »
it is official. my sis went to 2 TRU's to try and buy me a AT-AT for christmas....and they were all sold out. one of them had 5 in the computer but the employees couldnt find it in the back..and then the manager said that they were damaged and sent back. they won't be getting another shipment :(

Where in Canada do you live?  I'm in Kelowna, BC, and we've still got a handful of them.  It'll cost a bloody fortune to ship one, but if you want it bad enough I could grab one for you.  PM me if you want one.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2006, 11:52 AM »
it is official. my sis went to 2 TRU's to try and buy me a AT-AT for christmas....and they were all sold out. one of them had 5 in the computer but the employees couldnt find it in the back..and then the manager said that they were damaged and sent back.

It's true.  The Target exclusive rebel speeders were launched from a nearby hidden base and inflicted heavy casualties.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2006, 02:55 PM »
I got one of these for Cristmas today. It's a lot sturdier than I expected, and the electronics are fun. I would rather have had no console inside the toy so I could cram more stormtroopers inside, but you can't get everything that you want in life. Oh well...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I would rather have had no console inside the toy so I could cram more stormtroopers inside, but you can't get everything that you want in life. Oh well...

That's why you should pick up the vintage one. :P Strangely, it can be gotten cheeper than either modern version.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2006, 05:25 PM »
sis pulled a fast one on me...i got one for christmas. it is great. havent been able to put batteries in it yet but with or without im still impressed. good job hasbro