Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107299 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Just noticed this report at RS the other day, listing some info on the upcoming TRU exclusives.  According to this info, the "Endor" AT-AT will be priced at $89.99.  Yikes.  I guess I figured it would be pretty pricey, but I didn't know if it would get that high or not.  I hope to pick one up, just because I don't have an AT-AT in any form yet, but I might have to check ebay prices for the POTF2 one.  More info on other TRU stuff at the linky, if interested.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: 2006 Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:46 PM »
The POTF2 one in ebay still goes around $100.  I have been watching for a while b/c I want a few more and I always get outbid around $75/80.  So I will be getting one or two of these.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:45 PM »
I already have 2 AT-ATs, a vintage one and the POTF2 one. I dont think i really need another, unless it comes with some very cool exclusive pack-in figures. I am really hoping it doesnt though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 05:05 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that the AT-AT was going to be sold naked - IE:  no electronics or figures.

To get my $100, the deco and packaging has to kick major ass!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Why does it seem like all the exclusives are coming out at once? I really liked the non-exclusive period we just came out of. Simpler times... simpler times.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Yikes! I guess that shoots down my theory of buying a figure-scale AT-AT of any kind one day.

At least I have my Micro Machines "action fleet" AT-AT. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 08:16 PM »
I'm not sure if I will get this or not... chance are I will.  I have three of the POTF2 ones open...

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 08:26 PM »
If they make it out of different plastic then I will be passing.  When the AT-ST was re-released with the Endor theme the plastic was like rubber.  The legs were never stiff and gave the vehicle a very awkward look. I dumped mine. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:37 AM by Jim »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 12:44 AM »
I thought I wanted one but . . . . IF I can find one on clearance maybe, but that is just too much money considering I have it already. I probably will change my mind, but that is alot of money for a strip down version.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54 PM »
If the pack-in figure is really cool I might get this one. Horrible price though.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 03:30 AM »
I hope its Non-Electronic, comes with Vader, Luke, Drivers, and or Stormtroopers (VOTC Ones), and window box. ;D

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49 AM »
I hate to say it, but this AT-AT will indeed be stripped of electronics, and will have no pack-in figures.  It's selling point will most likely be the window-box packaging.  Total rip-off.  I'm in a bit of a predicament though, so I'm not sure what to do yet.  I used to have a vintage, and 3 POTF2 AT-AT's, but they were all stolen.  All I have now is an Action Fleet (the crappy Saga one with no figures), and the WOTC 12" version.  I want to have big AT-AT's again, but that price, and having green and brown paint smudges....  I just dunno.  I wish they woulda just re-released the POTF2 version.  What to do?
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 01:39 AM »
Hmmm... if they somehow included two VOTC Stormtroopers that would be a huge selling point for me.

:)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 02:01 AM »
I have two POTF2 AT-ATs that are currently stored in my folk's basement, so I doubt I'll be buying this one, especially at that $90.

It's nice to see Hasbro and TRU actually have the stones to issue this again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 04:29 AM »
It's one of those things where I see all these AT AT Drivers sitting around and I wonder why.  It's because a mom sees it and the dude has nothing to drive.  It's smart to have it back in circulation, but like the Falcon, it's going to sit for years at TRU without some real incentive for folks to buy it.