Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107315 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Well Artoo, like I said, this is an exclusive...  There's not going to be 10 of these sitting at every retail outlet you visit, so I wouldn't make the assumption that 1998-99's clearances will happen again...  It's an apples and oranges kind of comparison.

I agree and disagree. Will there be a quantity of these sitting around? I think there's a strong possibility. Price is sure going to be a factor, and look at the CW Gunship, 5 TRU's that I've been to in the last 2 weeks had 15-20 of these sitting on the shelf. But on the flip side, we are talking about TRU. I can't remember the last time they had a good SW clearance sale. The last time they clearance a big item like that was the Naboo Starship. They didn't even clearance out the OTC Falcons that were cloging the shelves two years ago or any of the slew of exclusives that they carried in recent years that sat.

I say this because I don't want anyone to get to excited if they start seeing these lay around, because if you wait for clearance, you may be waiting a long time. A long time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I'm in the boat where I missed the POTF2 version, so I'm looking to picking this one up.  The price is awfully steep I think too, but if I can find it locally it probably isn't much different than picking up the older AT-AT on ebay.  We'll see.  I don't really care whether it is Hoth or Endor, and I'd actually probably sooner have a "Hoth" version since that's where they were seen the most - but whatever is cheaper in the long run is what I'll do I guess.  I wish I would have been fortunate enough to find some of these on clearance like many of you did, $20 for these (or $10 - heck, even $40) is a real nice deal.  Our local KB didn't have these, although I remember getting an FX X-Wing and Falcon for about $15 and $25 respectively, if I remember correctly.  Anyways, I am glad to see these OT ships hit retail again.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Another reason to not wait for a clearance is that it's a TRU exclusive. Have you ever seen TRU clearance out their billion Millenium Falcons that still sit? Their shelves full of VOTC Landos? Older figures from OTC/POTJ/ROTS? Nope... chances for a clearance on this sucker look dim.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2006, 10:45 PM »
I love AT-ATs, but at 90.00, I would have to pass. 11 years of collecting doesn't leave a lot of room or $ for something I have with green smears on it, no matter how much I liked the metal dinosaurs. Maybe if I can score it for $65.00 or less somehow with coupons or something...

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Like many, I missed the opportunity to purchase these at retail.  I am also in tears now knowing some of you got a hold of these at $20. :'(

I was really hoping for a hoth version with all the bells and whistles.  I can maybe see someone buying 2 or more for their hoth diorama (I would be one of the crazy few).  This endor version just doesn't say "buy more".  The POTJ biker scout seems a little dull now since we have the VTSC version.

Even as much as this costs,  I know I won't be able to hold back when I see these staring back at me at TRU.  On another note, I feel sorry for the kids who will be begging their parents when this comes out.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2006, 12:35 AM »
I love AT-ATs, but at 90.00, I would have to pass. 11 years of collecting doesn't leave a lot of room or $ for something I have with green smears on it, no matter how much I liked the metal dinosaurs. Maybe if I can score it for $65.00 or less somehow with coupons or something...

11 years of collecting and you can find somewhere to fit another AT-AT? :o

Where do you live?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2006, 08:05 PM »
While yes its overpriced and comes with a sucky old POTJ Scout trooper, I have to support this.  Yeah ,I will feel like a new prison inmate for a few moments but If this sells well we might see someting big and new.

After 15 years of collecting, my SW room is getting really full but I sure as hell will make room for an AT-AT thats meant to step on Ewoks. I will make room for anything cool ReHashbro dishes up for that matter.

The POTF2/EP! clearence will not happen again, Hasbro learned its lesson make no doubt. They will play conservative and make more if demand is high which would take time after the fact.
I have not seen the CW gunships sitting yet but knowiing TRU they will not mark it down. Xmas is not that far away, they will be gone by then. Same goes for the AT-AT, sept is perfect timing for this item. A big box on xmas is always a kid pleaser.

We do not even know if they took out the light up veers and sound box in the inside yet.  I am assuming they did. hopefully some new sounds like trees being crushed will be put in. And Ewoks screaming.........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2006, 08:23 PM »
We do not even know if they took out the light up veers and sound box in the inside yet.  I am assuming they did. hopefully some new sounds like trees being crushed will be put in. And Ewoks screaming.........

I actually have a working sound FX unit from the POTF2 AT-AT. It includes the lights for the control module lower cannons, so I doubt they will change much more than the picture slides on it.

If I bought ALL of the OTC, I buy this, but I'll just have more $$$ for clones or a Falcon instead.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08 PM »

11 years of collecting and you can find somewhere to fit another AT-AT? :o

Where do you live?

Not much room, but like I told Jedimoses, the suspended ceiling in the basement provides just a little extra space....

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 6, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Oh, ****.

Endor AT-AT Revealed

The Biker Scout is new... it's the Flip Up Visor figure from the Fans Choice a few years ago. $90 for an exclusive figure? Thanks Hasbro.

:-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #115 on: July 6, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Oh great, now I need to change my boxers  :o
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 6, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Wow, that's pretty cool.

Still hard to justify though....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 6, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I'll still pass on this.  Cool but not something I need another of.

Give me an AT-TE though, and you can charge me $200.00 Hasbro.

:)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 6, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Oh, ****.

Endor AT-AT Revealed

The Biker Scout is new... it's the Flip Up Visor figure from the Fans Choice a few years ago. $90 for an exclusive figure? Thanks Hasbro.

:-\

Wait a couple years and it'll be carded with the 30th Anniversary of the release of Jedi.  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: July 6, 2006, 05:03 PM »
If my eyes don't deceive me, it's not the Rebel in Scout disguise...  It's just a generic face under the flip-up visor.  The Rebel that donned the scout armor has a bushy blonde beard.  If you watch the few scenes you see the trooper you can see his beard fairly clearly.

That figure looks to be fairly generic...  I'll still be passing on it.  A flip-up visor on a ****** figure is just a ****** figure with a flip-up visor. :)

BTW anyone else think the way that story was worded on Scum's front page was funny?  I mean I'm not knocking the news because I think Curto does a great job himself most of the time but Jeremy's wording of that like it was "brand new" was sort of either uninformed on his part or he's trying to make it out to be more than it is.  We've known at every community now for how long that the pack-ins were the scout and Driver?  That just struck me as odd...  I'm sure there's images of the AT-AT in their own forum already, so it's not really news on these mystery figures.  That's been in the know for a bit of time at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77