Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT  (Read 107314 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: TRU Exclusive Endor AT-AT
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2006, 11:07 PM »
I have thought about it maybe 100 times but never gone through it.  I have several previous AT-ATs but never saw the point of doing it.

Maybe I'll get busy on Sunday.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2006, 11:32 PM »
If I recall correctly (I don't have batteries in the 1998 version to confirm this), one of the buttons has different sounds depending on how long the button is pressed.  If it is pressed briefly, it only has the walking sound; if the button is held down slightly longer, it gives you the walking sound as well as the "whining" sound right before the Snowspeeder is crushed underfoot. 

It's akin to the 1998 FX X-Wing (which I just posted about in another thread) in that if you press R2's head down briefly, you get the "R2, fire up the converters" line before the engine whine, but if you hold R2's head down slightly longer, you get the engines to light up.  I would assume, given the way it's being described, that the new AT-AT has a similar (if not the same) sound setup.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I actually have an intact functioning panel with wires from the POTF2 version.

Has anyone with the previous release taken out, or tried to take out the consul?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2006, 05:37 PM »
I actually have an intact functioning panel with wires from the POTF2 version.

Has anyone with the previous release taken out, or tried to take out the consul?

You removed it yourself, or did you find it in a collector shop or flea market somewhere?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I have removed the console from the original one ANton...  The problem with removing it is taking it out requires cutting the floorboards of teh back for the most part...  Or cutting wires and resplicing which is quite possible too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2006, 11:38 PM »
good point Jesse

Definately I would guess the best way to go be to cut the wires then install reconnectable splices on so you could convert back to the electronics panel mode if you wanted to.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2006, 10:04 AM »
I just find it amazing that the electronic feature in the modern ones have certainly made the vintage one an appealing one to own still. Hasbro definitely should have made this console removable to allow greater play.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2006, 11:12 AM »
I just find it amazing that the electronic feature in the modern ones have certainly made the vintage one an appealing one to own still. Hasbro definitely should have made this console removable to allow greater play.

I fired up the vintage one for my daughters a few weeks back. It took a little bit to get the 20 year old gears working again, but once they did it was a blast. It was a very cool play feature to be able to manipulate the walker's head and shoot at the same time.  I love AT-AT's, but not enough to drop this kind of coin for a grass-stained version. Now if it had an Endor landing platform playset....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Now if it had an Endor landing platform playset....

Seriously. I've always wanted to build one of those.

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
What's going on?
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I recently ordered an AT-AT from TRU.They canceled my order!What in the name of the force is going on?
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: What's going on?
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2006, 03:20 PM »
What in the name of the force is going on?

Vague thread titles is what's going on.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2006, 04:12 PM »
probably better if thread/post merged into TRU ATAT thread?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:14 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2006, 04:47 PM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 04:49 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2006, 09:28 PM »
I recently ordered an AT-AT from TRU.They canceled my order!What in the name of the force is going on?

I don't think anyone knows... I've heard people who had AT-ATs shipped over the weekend and others who got cancelled orders.   ???

Since you can still place orders for it (it still says it is in-stock), I'd suggest just going over there and placing a nw order and trying again.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 1, 2006, 11:26 PM »
I saw this in the store yesterday.  I'm holding off for a little while.  I bought the Dagobah X-Wing, but I'm not going to buy some $180 worth of exclusive vehicles in the space of a couple of days.  I'm going to wait to buy this AT-AT and the TIE Fighter.  I just think that TRU should have spaced these exclusives out a little more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback