Author Topic: Does Anyone Collect Micro Machines?  (Read 15652 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Does Anyone Collect Micro Machines?
« on: December 3, 2002, 03:00 AM »
Well I might as well start something here.
Does any one collect Micro Machines?
I have a few from a few years back. They are the 3 packs from 95 or 97. They are from the Trilogy set.
They look like this:

Anyone else collect them or Action Fleet?  

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:53 AM by JediMAC »

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re:Does Anyone Collect These?
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2002, 06:27 PM »
I have a whole bunch of those "Head Playsets" as well as the other playsets. Most of 'em are really old and are missing the parts. :) I still have a bunch of the actual ships in good condition, though.

Chris Belle

« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2002, 10:39 PM »
I have 2 of the Micro Machines playsets, Hoth and Dagobah.  I believe they have all their pieces.  Never really got into them, they were gifts.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2002, 11:12 PM »
I have a few sets that are the heads of famous Star Wars characters (that when you open them up there's a scene inside).  Here's a list of the heads I have (some pieces are missing from a few, but some are also mint...

Darth Vader
C-3PO
R2-D2
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Royal Guard
Yoda
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 10:52 PM »
Yep!  I've got all of the Action Fleet and MicroMachines to date, but only for the Original Trilogy and EU - I laid off of them for the prequels though.

Actually, there are still a few items that I'm missing:  The second wave of those 3 EU novel book sets, one more of the MINI-head 3-packs (the walnut sized ones with one figure in them), and the Holy Grail of A.F. - the Tie Defender.  Unfortunately, these items are extremely HTF and go for some pretty big bucks when they do occasionally surface.

I love miniature stuff in general, so these two lines really fill that need for me when it comes to the SW universe.

The Kenner DieCast Collection from the early 80's will always be the King of the smaller scale though.  Those sets were the best - with the most incredibly detailed play environments ever in Star Wars toys.  I really wish Hasbro would bring something back along those lines.  The Action Fleet ships of today do quite nicely, but the playsets still have room for improvement.  I'd also like to see Hasbro start doing the Action Fleet ships more in scale to eachother, or at least moreso (within reason) for some of the larger ships (AT-AT, Falcon).

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 01:02 PM »
I bought a ton of these little ships when TRU had them on sale. I also have been picking up the playset and Transforming heads. They are really neat toys. One day I hope to unpack them and put them back on display.

I hope that they bring back this line of micromachines. They are Awsome!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Re: Does Anyone Collect These?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 07:13 PM »
I bought a bunch of the MicroMachines when they first came out, but then I got fed up with them putting out a 3-pack with only one new ship in it, so I didn't 'catch up' until TRU had a clearance sale.  I think I'm still missing one or two sets.  I even have a few individually packaged MicroMachines - fan club exclusives in boxes and some blister pack ones I found at a drugstore, of all places.  

I have most, if not all, of the playsets, the transforming ones, the big heads, and so forth, and I have most of the Action Fleet.  The batch with the Queen's ship in it I never saw; finally overpaid on eBay to get one. (Actually, I asked my husband to keep an eye on it while I was at work - no eBay access - and *he* overpaid; I probably wouldn't have gone as high as he did.)  

As for the little heads, I've got a bunch, but I'm not sure if I have all the ones that were out there.  I lost a couple of sets of the ones from Pizza Hut, by sending them to someone who never sent me a check.

How about the DieCast miniatures - the ones not quite as small as MicroMachines?  I liked those the best, although some weren't very well detailed.  I think I have all six of those; I never saw any past that first set.

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 03:53 PM »
 ;DI have only two of the sets. I have the Hoth and Dagoba set.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Oh yeah, I loved these things.

I got nearly all of the ones I was missing during TRU's purge, but I'm still missing a few--

Chewbacca/Endor playset
Jabba/Tatooine playset
Death Star Doubletake
Collection #8- I think it had the Imperial Speederbike, TIE, and Imperial Shuttle. Still actively looking for it, hint hint. :)

And I'm missing nearly all the Episode I MMs after the first wave. I don't think I'll bother trying get them now because they're so hard to get and there probably weren't very many made. If I could get them for cheap and in one shot, I'd go for it though. Don't have any of the head playsets from TPM either.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 03:12 AM »
Oh yeah, I loved these things.

I got nearly all of the ones I was missing during TRU's purge, but I'm still missing a few--

Chewbacca/Endor playset
Jabba/Tatooine playset
Death Star Doubletake
Collection #8- I think it had the Imperial Speederbike, TIE, and Imperial Shuttle. Still actively looking for it, hint hint. :)

And I'm missing nearly all the Episode I MMs after the first wave. I don't think I'll bother trying get them now because they're so hard to get and there probably weren't very many made. If I could get them for cheap and in one shot, I'd go for it though. Don't have any of the head playsets from TPM either.

The Death Star Double Takes is one of my favorites. It is really huge and if they had made it only DS not Tatooine it would have been the BEST playset ever. Even so it is excellent!

The TPM MM playsets are nice, but not all of them.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 03:39 AM »
I thought I'd throw this question in here instead of making a new thread.

Is there much of a market for loose MM vehicles and "figures". I found a box of them recently that I hadn't really opened in years and besides for a couple of vehicles, I really don't want them. So I was thinking I'd put them up as part of my trade list, but I'm wondering what the likelihood of getting a catch is on it.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 04:10 AM »
I assume you're just talking about the little plastic Micro Machine ships, and not the Action Fleet ones, right Jason?  If so, I'd say probably not.  Unless they came out of the last three "EU novel sets", which is HIGHLY doubtful.

But I think all the regular ships were very easily attainable, and I've never really heard of any of them being rare at all, and/or fetching any decent scratch.  There's always the Holiday toy drives this time of year though!   ;)

Your best bet would be to find a decent checklist of the MM line somewhere, and scope out the last two or three waves of these, and then toss them in the Completed Auctions search on eBay and see what you come up with.  But like I said, I'd doubt that it's much of anything really.  Never had even the most remote of problems finding anything in that line, other than the last 3 EU novel sets, which weren't available in the U.S., except off of Galoob's site very briefly, I believe.

But Action Fleet's got some rare pieces, as do those little walnut sized mini-heads, with a MM figure inside.  But those weren't ships though.  Get a better list together, and I could give you a better answer...   :-*

- M

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 04:17 AM »
Nuts!!

I pretty much have all of the original sets when the MM's first came out along with the first 3 EU novel books. So nothing to unique there, I think the closest thing I have to unique would be a set of battle damaged starfighters, but I'm guessing that is pushing it. I'll keep an eye out on the web for MM lists to see what if anything I have is of interest, I'm likely to find the coolest thing I have is the Imperial Shuttle MM which I'm not giving up. :) Thanks for the help Matt!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 02:36 AM »
Don't be discouraged. Some folks customize the small stuff or use it for gaming. Not many, but they're out there.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Galoob Prototype Yoda
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 02:17 AM »
Clicky! :)

Thats pretty darn neat. I'm wondering how much it will go for, cause right now it's FREE.

Kevin
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 09:00 AM by DSJ™ »
The picture kept, will remind me...