Author Topic: Holy @#%! - Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed by a sting-ray barb to the chest  (Read 11945 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
It sure is Dressel.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining it.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Say you polished folk have plenty of stones to throw, didn't realize there were so many 'golden folk' in the world ::)

typical..always yes,yes man, yes, yes man..then when someone says something different you wanna throw a rock.
 Where once was there a personal attack to you folks in here that have attacked me in this thread? that's right, so..in my defense you can all go lick some lighted dynamite.

*Dick oops, Richard, is already in that ******* on his way.

The man knew the risks and died because of them. He was not immortal but, rather overdue. I wonder though...with all the defense talk in here I wonder if some folk actually believe he was just swimming along and this stingray just came right up and stabbed him :P. No, I'm sure he was harrassing it in some way. A ride perhaps? Possibly...no, likely. So, yes, he deserved what he got.

Like I said no one in my house is sad, maybe dissapointed we can't be entertained by his stupid antics anymore but not worried because, like I stated, he has plenty of replacements. I could see if we knew him personally and all or his family but I can stand right up here and say I did not. The un-reality of television does not fool me into thinking I know his family and him..in the name of entertainment. I wonder though at many people in JD personally knew the guy and I'm not talking about 'you met him once' or anything like that to warrant all this bashing...I thought not.

Noticed plenty others in this thread including oooh dare I say moderator that basically said he had it coming. Nobody jumped on them so I hope the followers in here that jumped on the anti-Slothus bandwagon in here break an ankle today. I mean this isn't the ancient times where someone says something radically different and they are labeled a witch or had stones thrown at - this is 2006 show me some less classical behavior please.

Darth Slothus  

Yeah, it's just another mean spirited, 20:1 anti-slothus bandwagon in here. " ::) "
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Nobody jumped on them so I hope the followers in here that jumped on the anti-Slothus bandwagon in here break an ankle today.  

I didn't jump on any anti-Slothus bandwagon, I've always thought you've had a tendancy to come off like a complete ass. :-*
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
On the contrary ..with all the response and time of a day I've gotten I look to all of you as my fans now, thanks for participating :-* 8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Sounds like you're completely deluded.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I think the title of this thread should be more along the lines of

Re: No surprise- Crocodile Hunter croaks-- Entertainment's favorite animal harasser finally done in by one of his victims!

Yeah, that would be great ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile

Re: No surprise- Crocodile Hunter croaks-- Entertainment's favorite animal harasser finally done in by one of his victims!

Now would probably be a good time to stop disrespecting the dead, implying Steve Irwin had "victims", and just walk away, trying to salvage some scrap of respect from the people here that may still have some for you.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

If you're trying to evolve your own little 'I'm a lovable jerk" schtick like some of the members have made so famous over the years, someone should let you know that it's not working.

No. One. Is. Amused.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
One of the new stand tabloids has 3 pictures of the attack. two of the photos show Steve swimming around the ray the third shows him grabbing for the barb in his chest. I did not read the article to see where they got the pictures from but if anyone is as curious as I was as to what  Steves death looked like check out your local tabloid stand.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Saw that today.  The blurb under the photos said that they were "an artist's representation based upon accounts of what took place" or something to that effect  ....read...photochop.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
It appears Irwin's 8 year old daughter is headed down the same route as her father and will be getting her own nature show on Discovery Kids...

Bindi Irwin to star in wildlife series
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Florida man stabbed in the chest by a stingray that hopped on his boat!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,222381,00.html I can never figure out the link code.

Wow!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I read that too at CNN. Hmmm perhaps there is something to this stingray conspiracy. I could be wrong about said earlier comments the CH provoked the Stingray. For whatever reason they are getting angry and fighting. I wonder if it's worldwide...perhaps I should get back to the Berkely pier and do some Ray fishing like I used too. What a Fight on a rod! Now that they're pissed it should be even better! After I gaff them I could swing them to the asian locals(let them risk the tail swipe) and get paid 20$ per Ray like I used too. They chop the wings off and sell them to local bay-area restraunts and merchants.

Interesting read it was..at least the old geezer is recovering. I didn't even know they could jump out of the water. On a fishing rod they can make blazing runs with the reel's drag and they also bury in the bottom-but never had one jump...interesting.

TheDS

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I've never heard of them being capable of jumping out of the water...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda