Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61580 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2006, 08:16 PM »
I agree, there's no parts sharing there...  Even lightening the photo of the Naboo guy you can see the shinguard on his boots are different...  Definitely not parts sharing though.

The Naboo guy's body is nice and generic for maybe an ICMG headswap.  Just a thought. :)

To me, I still like that guy...  I can deal with the headsculpt (looks better with the hat).  Hasbro's calling him a Soldier...  Everyone always just assumed him to be a flight crewman before, and now I like him even more if he's not just some guy that handles luggage.  To me he's no less interesting to buy 10 of him than a Hoth Rebel or even a Scout Trooper...  I'll pick up an army of that guy and I'm glad to do so...  Especially since all the past Naboo troops have been weak efforts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I agree on this Naboo guy... he does look a little blocky, but I really am looking forward to this figure, mostly for customs.

Maul and Obi Wan will pegwarm like crazy, and the Gungan might too.  Actually they all could, but I think that Gragra will be popular.

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Hopefully, especially at 2x, the Naboo Flight Crew will pegwarm so I have a shot at him. Obi and Maul probably won't pegwarm, we haven't seen a Maul in years and the kids love Obi.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Here's my perspective on who will pegwarm and who won't:

Naboo Pilot: He will be hard to find at first, yet he will be easily attainable later (just like the #41 clone).
Rep Been: Even though he's a great figure, he'll pegwarm just because he has a boring part in the movies (just like Lushros Dofine).
Podracer Pilots: Unlike past podracers, they will be sort of hard to find.
Gragra: The fat ugly woman will be the next Comamnder Cody! Err...uhh....not exactly. But she will be hard to find.
Holo Maul: Just like Gummi Mundi, he will pegwarm.
Obi-Wan: Since he is an old rehash, he will pegwarm.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 12:59 AM »
The Naboo guy's body is nice and generic for maybe an ICMG headswap.  Just a thought. :)

Just an ill-informed thought, is more like it.   ::)

It's difficult to tell, given the brevity and fuzziness of the ESB clip, but even so, it appears there are enough differences in the jumpsuits that a simple headswap simply wouldn't suffice.

The jumpsuits are different--the top of Willrow's looks like it zips right up the middle, while Naboo Guy's has that funky flap thing.  The legs are different--Willrow's has the pockets/pouches, while the Naboo Guy has no pockets at all.  Naboo Guy has a belt, while Willrow doesn't.  Willrow's right sleeve has a cuff-type thing above the elbow, and his left arm is equipped with a couple of techno-gadgets.  Naboo Guy has none of these things.

And then there's the articulation.  The crap-ass articulation on Naboo Guy's elbows.  It may be okay for Naboo Guy, but it probably wouldn't even allow for our friend Willrow to carry his Cuisinart as he dashes through the corridors of Cloud City.  And then there's the cut elbow on Naboo's right arm--they're so terrible, that those awful, "action-feature" hinge elbow joints that were so big with Saga '02 and '03 would actually be better, and would more-easily allow for Willrow's right arm to flail wildly behind him as he makes his desperate escape.

Finally, the paunch.  Willrow's got a hint of one, Naboo Guy does not.

To sum up, Official Jedi Defender Action Figure Reviewer, I'm embarrassed that you, who have turned bitching about 100% film accuracy in your toys into an artform, somehow thinks it okay for Hasbro to simply slap a new head on Naboo Guy and call it Willrow Hood.

You're selling yourself short, you're selling the membership of Jedi Defender short, and most-importantly, you're selling Willrow Hood short.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  I know I am.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2006, 02:45 AM »
My predictions of the warmers & non-warmers:
Gargra-May be HTF,but not as hard as Scorch,Utapua Clone & Cody-Collectors & scalpers might go crazy.
Rep Been-Warmer,kids won't know who he is like Lushros :-\
Holo Mual-Kids don't want Holos!plus this guy sucks in sculpt so I'm passing
Obi-Wan-May warm or not,I have yet to see a TSC ROTS Obi,strange
Pod Racers-Won't warm,but not HTF
Naboo Pilot-Maybe HTF,since he's a possible army builder
Endor Confrontation Vader-Maybe HTF at first like Hoth Vader but later won't
Endor Luke-Not a warmer,but not HTF sort of like Mos Eisley Luke
Endor Rebel-One version may be not HTF,but the other will,both won't warm
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2006, 04:07 AM »
Just an ill-informed thought, is more like it.

I was gonna try for a witty comeback but you're right on that.  I've never studied ICMG like you have though...   ::)  No wonder Scott loves you.  :-* 

You're right though, that outfit's pretty far off...  I can't tell because the damn thing keeps moving, but I can see some of the details...  Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part to get Hasbro to do it in some half-assed way at least? 

I still like the Naboo guy, and you sir can put that in your pipe and smoke it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2006, 09:19 AM »
My predictions of the warmers & non-warmers:
Gargra-May be HTF,but not as hard as Scorch,Utapua Clone & Cody-Collectors & scalpers might go crazy.
Rep Been-Warmer,kids won't know who he is like Lushros :-\
Holo Mual-Kids don't want Holos!plus this guy sucks in sculpt so I'm passing
Obi-Wan-May warm or not,I have yet to see a TSC ROTS Obi,strange
Pod Racers-Won't warm,but not HTF
Naboo Pilot-Maybe HTF,since he's a possible army builder
Endor Confrontation Vader-Maybe HTF at first like Hoth Vader but later won't
Endor Luke-Not a warmer,but not HTF sort of like Mos Eisley Luke
Endor Rebel-One version may be not HTF,but the other will,both won't warm

There's no real Clones or Troopers in this wave. There's not even any real Boba Fett, so I think after the intitial, IMG! the wave! wares off, I think the entire wave will move slow.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2006, 11:17 AM »

You should be ashamed of yourself.  I know I am.

You're ashamed of yourself? Pfft!

PS: The naboo figure does look like it has Camel toe= not a good mach for Willrow :-[

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Well I heard that you do not want a man with camel toe fixing your starfighter, it is just plain wrong :-X
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2006, 04:56 PM »

The Naboo Flight Crew has been found! I'm looking forward to this figure even more.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2006, 06:13 PM »
In that Screen shot it looks like there is a bit of ribbing in the shirt going veritcal, but on the figure there is none to be found.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I'm not quite sure why a big deal was made about finding the guy...  He's actually fairly abundant at the escape scenes on Naboo, as well as when the queen and her group return to Naboo and attack Theed...  There's a good many of these guys around actually, so it's not like that was the only scene they were in... 

Just seemed to me a lot was made of nothing.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2006, 03:19 PM »
I will be honest.  I don't remember these guys at all.  I am sure they are there but they must not have left that much of an impression on most people.  I remember the yellow pilots and some dudes running around in yellow with funky caps on their head but not these guys.  Oh well. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2006, 12:07 AM »
The pilots wore trenchcoats and were sort of reddish orange...  These guys were considered flight techs/ground crew by most people till Hasbro's now calling them Naboo Royal Soldiers...  They're there, but I think they just blended in with the variety of troopers that Naboo seemed to employ.