Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 17857 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2006, 08:43 PM »
You know what would be great to rerelease, especially with the Naboo Flight Crew and Obi coming out and all?

The Episode 1 Flash Speeder

It could retail for $10-15...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Blech.  I always thought that was such a boring vehicle.  I know it's supposed to be the precursor to the Landspeeder, but that blue is frickin' ugly.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Guardian
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2006, 10:25 AM »
You know what would be great to rerelease, especially with the Naboo Flight Crew and Obi coming out and all?

The Episode 1 Flash Speeder

I'd rather not see that thing re-released.  You can buy it for $5-10 on eBay, so there is no reason for them to re-release it again for $10-15.

It would make sense I suppose, but I'd much rather see a bunch of other stuff from Ep1 first (like NEW Pod Racers) before we see that thing again...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I think I am still suffering from the Phantom Avalanche. Almost anything from that movie reminds me of the HUGE glut of products, and just seems less desirable. I think I am passing on this wave entirely, but I've been wrong before.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Can't you get the Flash speeder for like 50 cents on e-bay? :P
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Ironically they are going for about that.  1 or 2 bucks is the going price lately with some big shipping charges.  Might be worth your time HOTP since you want it. ;)

If you would have said the bigger speeder then I would be all for it but not this one.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2006, 04:25 PM »
My whole deal on the Naboo Crewman is that Hasbro/Fans/etc for years said they would never make a figure like Ice Cream Maker Guy because its peg warm city.  I think he'll sell just fine...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.  I never ever ever want to hear the "pegwarmer" thing again regarding ICMG because if they make this dude, they can make anything

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Agreed on the flash speeder, it's cheapity cheap on Ebay and at toy shows, so I'm not thinking it's a good re-release.  Not much at all from E1 is a good re-release though either.  From Sio Bibble onward, it's all dull.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I revenged myself all over myself.
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2006, 06:04 PM »
...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.

>:(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2006, 06:18 PM »
...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.

>:(

You shoudn't be mad. If they used this mold they'd be using the best possible mold.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2006, 10:05 PM »
You shoudn't be mad. If they used this mold they'd be using the best possible mold.

As I already explained in Reply #109, there are enough differences between them that a new head and ice cream maker accessory simply wouldn't do Willrow Hood justice. 

But I totally agree with Scott in that if they can make some no-name extra from the piece-of-**** Star Wars movie, then surely they can make some no-name extra from the best Star Wars movie, too.

(Oh, and the Flash Speeder sucks.  SUCKS.  I bought that thing on clearance for a couple bucks years ago, but it was so awful, they shoulda paid ME to take it.  I've heard that there's a Dollar General store up in Wyoming who still has a shelf full of these things, even to this day, seven years later.  They can't give 'em away.  The only thing a re-release would do is guarantee that nothing else from it's assortment would ever see the light of day, EVER.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:23 PM by Grandma Tarkin »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2006, 10:27 AM »

As I already explained in Reply #109, there are enough differences between them that a new head and ice cream maker accessory simply wouldn't do Willrow Hood justice. 

But I totally agree with Scott in that if they can make some no-name extra from the piece-of-**** Star Wars movie, then surely they can make some no-name extra from the best Star Wars movie, too.

(Oh, and the Flash Speeder sucks.  SUCKS.  I bought that thing on clearance for a couple bucks years ago, but it was so awful, they shoulda paid ME to take it.  I've heard that there's a Dollar General store up in Wyoming who still has a shelf full of these things, even to this day, seven years later.  They can't give 'em away.  The only thing a re-release would do is guarantee that nothing else from it's assortment would ever see the light of day, EVER.)
Basically didn't mean its the same, I know he's got a different jumpsuit and he should have more articulation to recreate his great escape but its still at the end of the day a guy in an orange jumpsuit

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2006, 10:45 AM »

Basically didn't mean its the same, I know he's got a different jumpsuit and he should have more articulation to recreate his great escape but its still at the end of the day a guy in an orange jumpsuit

Do you. . .  have your language filter turned on?

:-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2006, 11:38 AM »
 :-[

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master