Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 62086 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2006, 06:57 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:58 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Thanks sort of, maybe pics of Luke & the black Endor guy.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2006, 01:14 AM »
I think the Naboo guy has a better chance to sell than, say, Rep Been...  Given long enough and heavy enough distribution of the wave I think he'd outsell figures like the Podracers and perhaps Gragra too...  He's still decent "fodder" and I've found that helps somewhat, but he's definitely boring...  I'm thinking Luke and the Endor Troopers will be the pains to find (if any are).  No Sandtrooper/Death Star Gunner pain, but a pain for their respective wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2006, 06:46 PM »
I found 1 Luke and 2 white Endor troops today (only buying the OT characters).  They did have all of the Ep 1 figs, but no more Lukes or the black Endor troop.  I think this may be the only time in my life that I say, I really need a black guy! :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2006, 07:00 PM »
I think the Naboo guy has a better chance to sell than, say, Rep Been...  Given long enough and heavy enough distribution of the wave I think he'd outsell figures like the Podracers and perhaps Gragra too...  He's still decent "fodder" and I've found that helps somewhat, but he's definitely boring...  I'm thinking Luke and the Endor Troopers will be the pains to find (if any are).  No Sandtrooper/Death Star Gunner pain, but a pain for their respective wave.
Hopefully not a Cody pain, who I dtill haven't found. :'(

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Found the Endor/Naboo wave at Wal-Mart early this morning on the way to work (thank goodness it was payday).  It looked like they had about three cases' worth of the new figures, plus another assortment that was a little odd (Grievous, Anakin, Snowtrooper, Threepio with the silver/gold knees, Codys, and Utapau Clones).  Out of the Endor/Naboo cases, there was only one black Endor Rebel on the pegs.  Odd.

Just a couple of interesting little tidbits on the figures that may or may not have been mentioned earlier in this thread or elsewhere:

-Endor Luke's belt has a working holster for his pistol, and the poncho fits really well (at least one mine)

-The ERSes have had the old-style heads replaced completely with a new ball joint peg in place of the old head, with the new ball joint head on the new peg.  It looks like the right hand might be newly sculpted on each, and everything from the waist down (including the belt) is new, with ball jointed knees and ankles on each.

-Vader, a figure I didn't plan on buying since I have and like the Emperor's Wrath version, has a much more detailed and interesting right arm with what looks to be a newly sculpted elbow/wrist/glove area.  I'd also like to point out that his head no longer glows in the dark, which is kind of sad.  :-\

-The Naboo Solider is either a POTF2 holdover in the chest region or the Palace Chef has been feeding these guys really well.  I seriously hope they don't ship this figure a lot because it has to be the dullest figure ever (even if it's articulated very well).

-Dud Bolt comes with a repainted version of Durge's rifle from the CW line (the one with the strap), and Mars Guo comes with one of Durge's pistols.  I thought it a bit odd that they went total Durge for the unnecessary weaponry.

-Graga's jaw isn't jointed so much as her head is.  I don't know if they were doing it to avoid the Cletus-effects of Ephant Mon, but her head moves back and forth instead of the jaw opening and closing.  Kind of weird.

-Rep Been is a nice figure.  That's about all I can say about him. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 10:49 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Found some of the Naboo wave. One of my favorite looking figures is the Luke and part of what I love about it is it POTF (Vintage) quality.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2006, 11:50 AM »
So he's has 4 points of articulation? ;)

Yeah, he looks good.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2006, 04:18 PM »
It sounds like the black man is a minority in the SW universe too? It appears more white than black troopers are hitting. I hope the black variant doesn't prove too difficult to acquire.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Are both variants shipping at the same time and with the same quantity?  I don't know.  I thought maybe they were going to release the white version first and then the black version later? 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2006, 09:47 PM »
It sounds like the black man is a minority in the SW universe too? It appears more white than black troopers are hitting. I hope the black variant doesn't prove too difficult to acquire.
Go check TRU, you'll find a bunch of black guys.... Landos! :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2006, 11:30 AM »

I havent' seen the white yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I'll have to hit up my WalMarts more often, I guess...

Mainly for the Rebel Troopers, everything's great custom fodder except for the torso...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2006, 02:31 PM »
I 'd say the arms too, w/o Veers/Jerjerrod swivel or ball joints the arms suck.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2006, 09:37 AM »
So far I've opened one of the Rebel Soldiers, the Gungan and the Naboo soldier. None of them really stand out for me. The Rebel is just disappointing from the waist up and the despite the great amount of articulation on the Naboo guy, the sculpt is really just okay. With the gun being a little big, I haven't really been able to find a decent pose for him. The Gungan is nice considering that he's a Gungan with little articulation, but he's still a Gungan.