Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61576 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #75 on: June 3, 2006, 08:01 AM »
I think I'll pass on every one except for the Flight Crew...the yellow doesn't do much for me, but I see alot of potential custom fodder in there.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 3, 2006, 09:13 AM »
This wave really does not interest me, save for Gragra and maybe Obi-Wan Kenobi since I do not have a The Phantom Menace version yet.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 09:18 AM by JediShawn »
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 3, 2006, 01:45 PM »
This wave of mostly newly tooled figures suprises me.  Hasbro decides to actually invest money into new molds and these are the guys they pick?

A Gungan, pod racers, and a flight crew dude (I'm not including Gagara because he's cool)?

If you're going to spend money on tooling, do some figures that people want - Padme, SA Qui Gon, etc.

Heck, I'd prefer they didn't spend any money on the Naboo wave and allocate it to another OT wave.

They could re-release TC-14, R2-B1,  and Sio Bibble along with the Evo Maul and they'd be almost there.  Throw in the Soft Goods Obi Wan and you have a complete wave.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 3, 2006, 04:10 PM »
and a flight crew dude (I'm not including Gagara because he's cool)?

Hey! The Naboo Flight Crew is the coolest figure in this wave! HE IS THE STAR OF THIS WAVE!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: June 3, 2006, 04:46 PM »
See now, to me the Carkoon Wave was the stinker of this year's lineup.  Dull figures, bad articulation for the most part, and only a few "new" ones...  I think it's the TPM subject matter that stacks the deck against Naboo wave.

For me, the Flight Crew guy is one of the best of the wave because at the end of the day he's an army builder.  There were a lot of them running around at the final battle and during the escape, the articulation's what the line's MINIMUM standard should be too...  He's no more dull to me than the IMp. Officer from POTJ or a Scanner Tech/Yavin Tech figure would be, and I could only hope they'd be as nicely articulated.  I'm actually pumped about that figure because it's a decent army builder, and decent figure overall...  The TPM stigma looms over it though.

Gragra's the wave winner though.  Fantastic sculpt, and lots of goodies... 

The Crewman makes me long for a new Naboo SOldier, a new Panaka, and a new Naboo Royal Guard now...  Those figures were all less than stellar, even in their day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 3, 2006, 04:51 PM »
For me, the Flight Crew guy is one of the best of the wave

Good thinking Jesse.  ;)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 4, 2006, 01:56 AM »
As I have been looking at the Flight Crew guy, I realized he looks like a younger Sebastian Shaw/Anakin Skywalker from POTF (at least to me). I have to agree, that this figure is good custom fodder but that is about it. For me, Gragra is the only figure I think I want for sure, maybe 2 or 3 Flight Crew guys for customizing. Maybe.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 4, 2006, 02:52 AM »
If you're going to spend money on tooling, do some figures that people want - Padme, SA Qui Gon, etc.

Heck, I'd prefer they didn't spend any money on the Naboo wave and allocate it to another OT wave.

They could re-release TC-14, R2-B1,  and Sio Bibble along with the Evo Maul and they'd be almost there.  Throw in the Soft Goods Obi Wan and you have a complete wave.

Don't give them any ideas!  While if they're going to repack figures, I'd certainly prefer it be ones like Sio Bibble and others that were hard to find when they came out originally - but in ANY case where Hasbro decides to make entirely new figures, I think they should be furiously applauded!   :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 4, 2006, 01:52 PM »

Hey! The Naboo Flight Crew is the coolest figure in this wave! HE IS THE STAR OF THIS WAVE!

LOL!  I think that Naboo Flight Crew is possibly one of the worst figures I've seen lately.   But that's me. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 4, 2006, 02:32 PM »

LOL!  I think that Naboo Flight Crew is possibly one of the worst figures I've seen lately.   But that's me. 

Oh well, more for me then.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #85 on: June 4, 2006, 03:20 PM »

Don't give them any ideas!  While if they're going to repack figures, I'd certainly prefer it be ones like Sio Bibble and others that were hard to find when they came out originally - but in ANY case where Hasbro decides to make entirely new figures, I think they should be furiously applauded!   :)

You have the greatest Avatar that I have ever seen! :D

« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 03:22 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: June 8, 2006, 10:54 AM »
A look under Obi-Wan's robe...  looks like the original Ep1 Obi-Wan body with the Soft Goods Obi-Wan head.   >:(

And in the new Hasbro pics, the Flight Crew Guy still looks ugly...  :-\

« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 11:17 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 8, 2006, 11:34 AM »
i really hope this isn't the final product for the flight crew.  what's with the GI Joe arms?  I see a lot of custom potential with him so i hope he changes a little.  as for the obi guess i can finally do that custom i've been meaning to do now that we know big H what be doing him up right.  what a disappointment.

Hunter I love your Avatar.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 8, 2006, 11:52 AM »
For better or worse, I look at almost everything in this hobby through the eyes of a customizer.  So in regards to Obi Wan, I think this new kitbash sucks and if you want a better one, try your hand at customizing.  I made a custom version of EPI Obi Wan not too long ago, it's not perfect but I'll take my custom over this Hasbro offering.

As for the Flight Crew guy, he's a boring figure.  I happen to love boring figures though... they are great for custom fodder.  I want about 3-4 of them as Naboo Flight Crew, then I can see myself wanting up to a dozen more for various customs, like Coruscant Flight Crew, Coruscant workers, Bespin workers, etc.  Looks like a pegwarmer to me, and that will make it easier on me to find some to customize.

:)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 8, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Well, all of the Naboo wave except for Gragra and Rep Been are horrible IMO. And that Luke pic is great!
« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 01:36 PM by Roton7 »
Yo is what yo is.