Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61719 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #60 on: June 2, 2006, 03:37 PM »
the same guy that said this and signed it?http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12592.msg231631#msg231631

Was it ahhh Virex?

Oh.  I hate that guy. 

But I don't think his name's Gregg.  Or Greg.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 03:38 PM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 2, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Nah, he just signed yet another alias again....pfft

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 2, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Call me crazy, but one thing I'm disappointed in is the TPM logo on the stands. Didn't LFL come up with an "alternative/classic" TPM logo like the AOTC one Hasbro used on the Geonosis figures?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 2, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Gragra- Cool, but will probably pass.

Naboo Flight Crew- Awesome, will pick up.

Podracer 2-Pack- I love 2-packs and I love obscure aliens, so this is a must for me. Will pick up.

Representative Been- Pass.

Holo Maul- Nice, will pick up.

Obi-Wan- Pass.

Good wave.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: June 2, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Gragra- Awesome, I can't wait.

Naboo Flight Crew- Looks a little odd, but i will pick it up.

Podracer 2-Pack- Another set i love, very cool.

Representative Been- Good enough for me.

Holo Maul- I'll pick it up.

Obi-Wan- Passing on this one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 2, 2006, 05:45 PM »
For reference...

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 09:56 PM by Jeff »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 2, 2006, 06:27 PM »
I'm buying them all,Damn you Hasbro! :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 2, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Oh okay.  That yellow dude is supposed to be a flight crew member and not a pilot.  That make a little bit of sense now.  I guess?  I thought it was going to be one of those pilots with the long jacket/trench coat type things.  Oh well. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: June 2, 2006, 07:21 PM »
I love logging on and seeing pictures of new toys. :)

Gragra- Awesome looking figure. I'll be picking up one for sure, and maybe another one or tow for customs.

Naboo Flight Crew- This guy does look a little strange, with the Joe shoulders and all. hopefully there are variants with different heads. I'll probably pick up a couple, somewhere from 2 to 4. Anyone else notice how much he looks like Teemu Selanne?

Podracer 2-Pack- Mars Guo! This may be the highlight of the wave for me. Mars Guo was my favorite Podraer in TPM. And he comes with a Dud Bolt? Even better.

Representative Been- I would have like to have seen some ROTS styles softgoods, like Shaaki Ti or Luminara's, so he could sit down. Oh well. I'll pick one up, maybe 2 or 3 for some other representatives.

Holo Maul- I haven't quite decided on this one yet. I may pick it up, I may not.

Obi-Wan- I'm going to wait for Jared's photos to decide on this one. If it had been a SA kitbash using the ROTS pilot body I'd have been all over it.
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 2, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Another plus to the Naboo Flight Crew Technician is that he looks a lot like the Republic Naval Mechanic in CW Season 1. 

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #70 on: June 2, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Crewman looks bulky as hell... Body just looks way too blocky.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #71 on: June 2, 2006, 09:43 PM »
I am not too excited about these figures, but I hope they pegwarm so I can get them all. But I hate that Darth Maul. Why pick the worst version ever? Could they have just repacked the previous holomaul in a different color?

I'd buy an extra of that to open!
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: June 3, 2006, 02:05 AM »
Weird wave...  Nabboo/E1 are a bad memory to a lot so I think the "desire" for new figures in this film's catalogue isn't as high as other films...  Still, there's a lot to like there as well.

-Pod Racers...  I'm not a HUGE fan of the pod racers myself.  The PR didn't have the staying power with me like the Cantina or JP did, and the aliens were very cartoony for my tastes...  That said, TWO pod racers in one pack isn't bad.  That feels "worth it".  I'm not "excited" about these two but I'm happy to get something new... 

-Rep Been...  I honestly couldn't give a **** about this guy,a nd I'm amazed any time I see these guys on people's wishlists to tell you the truth.  It's new...  it'll look ok by Boss Ass I guess, but that's about it.  I'm really disinterested in this guy.  The irony though?  I'll buy a couple because I recall more than one of this guy standing around.  I'm a moron.

-Holo Maul...  OOOOOOK  Bad pose since he stood with his arms all folded in a huff (ala the first holo Maul figure they made) so I dunno, but whatever...  Holo figures aren't overly interesting to me so I hate to see more than one or two a year at most.  They're too easy to overdo and they always feel like a rip-off on some level.  That figure should be $2, not $7.

-Gragra...  Coolest of the wave, Gragra is one of the only interesting figures from E1 (other than resculpts) that I can think of myself...  The articulation looks good, the sculpt looks fantastic, the accessories look spot-on...  Does the pez dispenser have Gragra's stand and all?  If so I may need to get that just for the sort of little diorama to go with the figure...  Love this one.

-Naboo Ground Crew/Tech...  These guys were EVERYWHERE when Amidala evacuated as well as when she returned to Naboo and formed all the resistance fighters together...  That's reason enough to buy a lot of this figure.  The fact that Hasbro gave it pretty good looking articulation, and a removable helmet, is making me love what they did...  Guy's got a pinhead but other than that I think he's pretty cool looking.

Isn't it sort of pathetic though that the best army builder from the battle of Naboo is the flight crewman?  Neither Naboo soldier/royal guard was particularly good, nor was Panaka...  I want resculpts dammit.

-Obi-Wan...  It looks like he has poseable wrists there so I'm wondering what's up with the arms.  It'd be really nice if Hasbro put a LITTLE extra effort into this one by using more recent Jedi parts to form Obi-Wan's body under that robe.  More poseable stuff from the Col. 2 Jedi from 2005...  I could deal with the less than stellar headsculpt for that.  If it's ANY of the E1 Obi sculpts in their entirety under there though, they're all pretty shabby really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 3, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Everything in this wave looks pretty good to me except for the Maul.   We get it, the holo figures are cheap to make and can be sold for 7 bucks still - but enough already.

I'm quite happy to be getting a handful of actual, legitimate, NEW figures for a change - hell, they're not even resculpts. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 3, 2006, 06:44 AM »
I looked at the pictures and to be honest, this is a wave I am not going to pre-order nor will I actively hunt for. IF I spot a Gragra I will pick one up, and if I don't no big loss. This is the first wave this year that looking at it, I can say with total assurance, I'll pass. Nothing here is of nterest and nothing here is worth my money.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3