Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61708 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #90 on: June 8, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Well, all of the Naboo wave except for Gragra and Rep Been are horrible.

I don't know about that...  in addition to Been and Gragra, I'm digging the Pod Racer Pilots too.

I didn't think they'd ever re-visit those guys, so it's nice to add a few more of them to the shelf.  Yeah, the Pod Race seemed out of place in the movie, but I did enjoy all the character designs they came up with for the pilots. :)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 12:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 8, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Mual looks sucky now,I may have to see him in person first before I get him.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 8, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Better pics... the Flight Crew still looks terrible, I agree with everyone in my hopes that the arms/shoulders come out looking better. The rest is great though, except for Maul and Kenobi, which are the only two figures I'm passing on.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 8, 2006, 01:31 PM »
I really like this new wave. 

Maul doesn't look as good in the photo as I hoped and the flight crew guy looks like his head is too small.  However, I'm digging all of the others in this wave.  Its going to be expensive again.

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 8, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Looking at the picture Maul's face doesn't even look like him.  Plus I know people probably want  lightsabers, but I think for the holograms that they shouldn't.  Maul was not holding a lightsaber in his hologram in the movie, his arms were folded.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 8, 2006, 03:27 PM »
Yeah, if they are going to to a Holo-Maul, they really need to use an all new sculpt, or they could even have repacked this -

If they had repacked that, perhaps with some sort of cool pack-in (like a seated holo Sidious?) that would make more sense to me... maybe they could make a deluxe out of that...

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 8, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Flight Crew looks even better! This is one cool figure!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 8, 2006, 04:39 PM »
This wave really doesn't do much for me. This one ranks about the same as the Carkoon one. Maybe Obi-Wan will tempt me, I don't know...

and Gragra was on Tatooine... far from the Battle on Naboo.

Must be having a bad day.  :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #98 on: June 8, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Flight Crew looks even better! This is one cool figure!

Oh yes, please give me 10 of them. ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 8, 2006, 08:37 PM »
I do admire HunterofThePegs' enthusiasm over the Naboo Flight Crem Member or whatever that is supposed to be.   I just don't get why they made him that blocky looking.  Does someone have a picture of him or them from TPM?  I just want to see what they were basing that from.  I kind of remember guys in yellow like that but it seems like they had a cap or hat instead of a helmet.  I know they made it for TPM but can't remember this guy they made. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 8, 2006, 08:40 PM »
He just looks blocky because he's not in a pose or anything. But once you buy him(Which you should), open him, and futz around with him a little, he won't appear as blocky.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: June 8, 2006, 08:43 PM »
I think Hunter's right that he can be made look more natural with all the articulation he has...  If I had a complaint it's his pinhead...  Beyond that, I am sure the articulation lets you get him in less of a stiff corpse look. :)

I like this wave for its newness...  2 alien podracers, Gragra (my fav of the wave I think), and a nice army builder...  Hasbro lists these guys as "soldiers", not groundcrew.  Tough to say who's right on that but there sure were a lot of these guys in E1 as I recall so I dunno...  If it's a soldier, it's even better to me just from a character standpoint.

No figure in the Naboo Wave has my attention like the ENdor Rebel Soldiers though.  Those are sweet. :)

Anyway, this wave is ok...  Even the Obi-Wan looks ok to me, to an extent, so it's not a bad wave I think...  It helps cover some of the often-overlooked Episode 1 figures too, though no resculpts people have been asking for now for a while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 8, 2006, 09:04 PM »
For reference, a pic of all the Naboo Wave together...

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #103 on: June 8, 2006, 09:27 PM »
Damn, I need that Walmart Maul (folded arms) sooooooooo badly.

The "Tatooine" holo version looks like he is sweeping the floor. Who poses these things? Anyone notice that the blue holos are spirits? Doesn't his face look spectral in that pic?

Yeah, if they are going to to a Holo-Maul, they really need to use an all new sculpt, or they could even have repacked this -

If they had repacked that, perhaps with some sort of cool pack-in (like a seated holo Sidious?) that would make more sense to me... maybe they could make a deluxe out of that...

:)

My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2006, 07:08 PM »
There's been some talk about these figures sharing parts (more specifically, legs), so here they are.  The boots look similar, but that's about it.  Naboo guy looks all brand-new to me.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."