Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61718 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2006, 08:43 PM »
You know what would be great to rerelease, especially with the Naboo Flight Crew and Obi coming out and all?

The Episode 1 Flash Speeder

It could retail for $10-15...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Blech.  I always thought that was such a boring vehicle.  I know it's supposed to be the precursor to the Landspeeder, but that blue is frickin' ugly.  :-\

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2006, 10:25 AM »
You know what would be great to rerelease, especially with the Naboo Flight Crew and Obi coming out and all?

The Episode 1 Flash Speeder

I'd rather not see that thing re-released.  You can buy it for $5-10 on eBay, so there is no reason for them to re-release it again for $10-15.

It would make sense I suppose, but I'd much rather see a bunch of other stuff from Ep1 first (like NEW Pod Racers) before we see that thing again...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2006, 11:50 AM »
I think I am still suffering from the Phantom Avalanche. Almost anything from that movie reminds me of the HUGE glut of products, and just seems less desirable. I think I am passing on this wave entirely, but I've been wrong before.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Can't you get the Flash speeder for like 50 cents on e-bay? :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Ironically they are going for about that.  1 or 2 bucks is the going price lately with some big shipping charges.  Might be worth your time HOTP since you want it. ;)

If you would have said the bigger speeder then I would be all for it but not this one.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2006, 04:25 PM »
My whole deal on the Naboo Crewman is that Hasbro/Fans/etc for years said they would never make a figure like Ice Cream Maker Guy because its peg warm city.  I think he'll sell just fine...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.  I never ever ever want to hear the "pegwarmer" thing again regarding ICMG because if they make this dude, they can make anything

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Agreed on the flash speeder, it's cheapity cheap on Ebay and at toy shows, so I'm not thinking it's a good re-release.  Not much at all from E1 is a good re-release though either.  From Sio Bibble onward, it's all dull.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2006, 06:04 PM »
...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.

>:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2006, 06:18 PM »
...and ICMG is basically this same figure with a new head and accessory.

You shoudn't be mad. If they used this mold they'd be using the best possible mold.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2006, 10:05 PM »
You shoudn't be mad. If they used this mold they'd be using the best possible mold.

As I already explained in Reply #109, there are enough differences between them that a new head and ice cream maker accessory simply wouldn't do Willrow Hood justice. 

But I totally agree with Scott in that if they can make some no-name extra from the piece-of-**** Star Wars movie, then surely they can make some no-name extra from the best Star Wars movie, too.

(Oh, and the Flash Speeder sucks.  SUCKS.  I bought that thing on clearance for a couple bucks years ago, but it was so awful, they shoulda paid ME to take it.  I've heard that there's a Dollar General store up in Wyoming who still has a shelf full of these things, even to this day, seven years later.  They can't give 'em away.  The only thing a re-release would do is guarantee that nothing else from it's assortment would ever see the light of day, EVER.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:23 PM by Grandma Tarkin »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2006, 10:27 AM »

As I already explained in Reply #109, there are enough differences between them that a new head and ice cream maker accessory simply wouldn't do Willrow Hood justice. 

But I totally agree with Scott in that if they can make some no-name extra from the piece-of-**** Star Wars movie, then surely they can make some no-name extra from the best Star Wars movie, too.

(Oh, and the Flash Speeder sucks.  SUCKS.  I bought that thing on clearance for a couple bucks years ago, but it was so awful, they shoulda paid ME to take it.  I've heard that there's a Dollar General store up in Wyoming who still has a shelf full of these things, even to this day, seven years later.  They can't give 'em away.  The only thing a re-release would do is guarantee that nothing else from it's assortment would ever see the light of day, EVER.)
Basically didn't mean its the same, I know he's got a different jumpsuit and he should have more articulation to recreate his great escape but its still at the end of the day a guy in an orange jumpsuit

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2006, 10:45 AM »

Basically didn't mean its the same, I know he's got a different jumpsuit and he should have more articulation to recreate his great escape but its still at the end of the day a guy in an orange jumpsuit

Do you. . .  have your language filter turned on?

:-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2006, 11:38 AM »
 :-[

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2006, 11:59 AM »
:-[

Consider yourself out of the will.