Author Topic: Battle of Naboo Wave  (Read 61717 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Naboo Wave
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Actually, I might buy a new Flash Speeder if they made it bigger, but a re-release, I'd pass. 

Not too many things related to EPI that I want to see re-released, but there are a few that would be a smart decision in my opinion -

That's the only rehashes of EPI theme figures I ever want to see again.  Some new sculpts of others would be ok though.

:)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 03:22 PM by Jeff »

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2006, 01:48 PM »

I don't even remember that figure :-\
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2006, 03:09 PM »
It was pretty rare... I have a couple loose and am glad I got them when I did.  Here's some on ebay...

ASCENSION GUN AMIDALA

:)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Most people did not get her.  I am glad I have two of her.   ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2006, 03:15 PM »
The Security Droid is a great candidate for rerelease. Not that the other Chewie suggested aren't, but the droid is the one I'm most interested in.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I'd say the Security Droid is a good candidate as well.  Great sculpt, the plastic was good, the figure was poseable, and they were prevelant in E3 to a pretty great extent (Invisible Hand bridge, hallways, Mustafar Warroom scenes, etc.).

On the others...  eh.

Sio Bibble is doomed to pegwarm if released in ANY quantity I think.  Perhaps in a multi-pack but the old fogie hardly screams buy me in any packaging format.  I'd say Ascension Amidala would be a so-so choice in a Naboo themed wave...  She's the hard-to-find one, so I guess that'd be her benefit.  If it was packed with various army builders and her (to a lesser extent) I think people might go for it.  Put too many out though and she'll suck as hard as the original Padme battle did...

R2-B1 had better be a repaint of a new mold.  That figure's so outdated now that re-releasing it is a slap in the face to collectors to me.  He's not impossible to find so I'm of the opinion that letting that one go and repainting it is the true way to run with it.  TC-14 isn't a bad sculpt, I could stand a re-release of that...  Considering the number of chrome protocol droids in the classic trilogy too, there's reason to buy 3 even if people wanted to.  The pit droids are ok but I think people would rather see the European bonus ones than the US release 2-pack. 

Sebulba I could live without.  He wasn't ever terribly hard to find on the POTJ cards, at least not in my area he wasn't.  He's a great figure really, and often overlooked, but I don't think podracers are super popular overall (Sebulba included) and they suffer on the pegs...  So with Sebulba not being hard to find in the first place, I'd be reluctant to re-release him then.  Podracers just seem risky choices to me (I've never been into them myself).

The Qui-Gon with Eopie is something I think many in the US want released...  If it were me, I'd include Qui-Gon that originally came with it, but I'd also pack-in a Pilot Obi-Wan with softgoods cloak and baby Luke...  Make the thing sort of a duel possibilities set...  Or release them side-by-side with slight paint differences on the Eopie?  Riskier choice there though, but two pack-in figures would suit me.  It'd actually drive me to buy 2 at least, if not 3 or more of the beast.  $15 and I'd be in on that.  A re-release of a Taun-Taun with riders would be kind of cool to put out at the same time maybe even.  That way a small beast assortment in the $15 range is out there...  Maybe a Hoth Rebel Scout on Taun-Taun instead of Han or Luke even?  Army builders do sell afterall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2006, 10:25 AM »
A sebulba? I'm always down for aliens, weather they are peg warmers or not(excluding poggle). I only had 1 sebulba too, and that was the cinema scene, so I'd defeinately buy these in bulk.

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Have carded images of this wave surfaced online yet?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2006, 05:23 PM »

No.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #144 on: July 7, 2006, 01:02 PM »

They have now. . . (some of them, anyway)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 7, 2006, 03:08 PM »

Sweetness!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #146 on: July 7, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Whoa thats kinda creepy. That guy is just staring with wide eyes at you. *shudder*

adam

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 7, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Watch it you, this figure is the star of this wave...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 7, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Whoa thats kinda creepy. That guy is just staring with wide eyes at you. *shudder*

adam

I agree... put a muzzle on and remove the helmet and it could be a Hannibal Lecter action figure.

... but he does remind me of someone. Verrrry interesting, as Artie Johnson would say.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 7, 2006, 04:23 PM »
He also has two chins, for twice the ass-kicking power. I got to write a databank entry in the prequal Trilogy forum on him.