Author Topic: i just need some help  (Read 5602 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
i just need some help
« on: September 6, 2006, 09:34 PM »
im no customizer or anything...i just need some help with one thing. its not as much of building but fixing a figure. i bought a Bail Organa figure today and one of his knees wont bend properly even though there is articualtion there and im just wondering if there is any way to fix that because right now it looks like it will snap if i put to much pressure.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: i just need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Try sticking him in some boiling water for a minute or two. The joint should loosen up and then just keep moving it for awhile and it should be fine.
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2006, 10:29 PM »
i just tried that..and it doesnt seem to be working...im starting to think it was glued together...and i just got ripped off for it :|
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2006, 03:11 AM »
Was it in a package or did you buy it loose on ebay?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2006, 03:56 PM »
package...bought it from a store at my local mall...it was on sale.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Hmmm it may just be a factory reject that made it past quality control. Unfortunate but these things do happen. Hopefully I am wrong though.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 7, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Well...I can see if there are any other ROTS Bails in my area. If I find one I can send you the leg free of charge so you can take the other off using the boil and pop method and stick the new one on.

Of course...finding one around here may be difficult.

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2006, 05:53 PM »
You mean it is stuck?. What I do whenever a joint doesn't turn or I get the feel that the plastic is going to tear if I apply too much force, is stick the figure in the freezer for a couple hours.

The low temperature makes the rubber firmer, and makes the stray paint/glue more brittle. After the figure has been frozen, take it out and try to bend the knee slowly.

This method has worked fine for me in the past, especially with McFarlane figures, and man, THOSE are so cheaply made that they come apart when you pull them out of the blister.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2006, 11:22 PM »
i would try these methods but when i was looking closer to it it looks like the joint is actually glued together. I even used an x-acto knife to try and see if there was a space between both parts of the joint but there was nothing but plastic. Starting to think it was just a factory reject figure like stated above. sucks to be me  :-\

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 9, 2006, 04:26 AM »
sucks to be me  :-\
::) Get a grip........
« Last Edit: September 9, 2006, 04:26 AM by kirk_dougall »
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 9, 2006, 05:00 AM »
sucks to be me  :-\
::) Get a grip........

What's wrong with what he's saying? ::)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2006, 05:25 AM »
Well due to the method it appears hasbro uses to connect peices (looks like part of one peices is inserted into part of another mold and molded arround for some joints) I am just suprised we dont see more screw ups like that.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2006, 03:31 PM »
What's wrong with what he's saying? 

I just don't think its sucks to be him just becase he bought a figure with a faulty leg.  I mean what did it cost 5 dollars? You can probably complain to hasbro and end up with about 50 dollars worth of figures or something as an apology.
I'm sure theres plenty of people out there whos lives suck with much better reasons than purchasing a faulty figure

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 11:51 AM »
it was actually more like $9 plus tax but w.e.

when i said sucks to be me I didnt mean it in the literal sense. it was mostly directed at the fact that i chose to buy the Bail figure after so many months of just leaving him on the shelf. and then when i decided to just buy him( cause the peg warmer was seeing his end days) i ended up getting one with  a glued leg.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, last thing we need is an argument.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 01:15 PM »
I'm sure if you take it back to the store they'll give you a refund. or contact hasbro and they'll probably sned you a replacment along with a load of free gifts.