Author Topic: The Sith's Herald's collection - 2011 Update  (Read 17575 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Sith's Herald's collection
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Wow, do we have a lot of stuff. Nice to see everything displayed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Do you have any pictures of just your custom toys? I can pick out most of the customs in all your pictures, but would like to see close ups of all your customs again.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Very cool.  I like the sith group - had no idea there were so many of them and cool to see 'em all together!  Is that a vintage 12" Luke up on your 12" shelf?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Yeah, that's a vintage Luke.  There's also a vintage Chiewie and Boba Fett up there, and a vintage Artoo used as a paperback book end.

Here is a link to all of my customs, plus a few that others made at the Feb. customs party.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Astro Galaxy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Astro Galaxy
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 04:54 AM »
Nice collection and lots of micro machines  :) :D

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #20 on: February 8, 2011, 08:50 AM »
Time for an update...
I ended up putting the Micro Machines and Legos into storage.  My hope is to build a barn on my lot someday and then make the loft into a dioramic collection room.  As of today though, it still resides in my spare bedroom.

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Sith's Herald's collection - 2011 Update
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Very impressive display.  I think we all dream of someday having a separate building for our collections!  :D

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 04:36 PM »
We have started Operation Re-Arrange the House.  My kids toys have gone from dollies to ipods so they no longer need the basement toy room.  Also, my wife has complained for a while that she has to share her scrapbooking space with the family office.

I developed what I hope is a win-win scenario. 
1.  The kids lose the basement - they have another space now; not as much but more than enough
2. My collection moves to the basement - my space almost doubles; now I get my art/drafting table back as well as increased shelf space for all of the items that have been in mothballs
3. The computer moves to it's new home in my old toy room - instant office
4. My wife gets all of the old office for her hobby/side business

So this week, the move started.  Last night, I moved the last of my collection out of the old room and took down the shelves.

I filled 42 gallon bags with figures alone!!  They are safe in a low traffic area until I get new shelves built.  Finishing my room is the last priority in all of this moving, but I am motivated to get it all done now.

I'll post pics of the new space once it starts to take shape.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Glad that it works out to be a win-win for you!  I suppose that will be on my mind (a large collection display area) when we look for the new place.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Anxious to see what you come up with Steve!  Exciting to have the chance to both remodel your collecting space and grow it.  I'm starting over with a new space as well.  So far, I've picked up some carpeting at Menards on the cheap ($150 with a free pad).  I also snagged some cool metal shelves, @ $70 each...not too bad, except that I need about six of them total   :-\

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 09:27 AM »
I'm going to have space for about 26 ft of shelving.  I'll probably go 4 tiers, so will probably custom build it.  I don't know yet if I will start making dioramas, or just categorize things.  Probably a combo of both. 

I could have spent last night filling holes in the old room, left from shelf screws, in order to paint it.  After the last few days, I thought it more important to play Lego Batman on the Wii for a while instead.  :)

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it...

I got everything moved out of my old room, got all of the shelf bracket holes patched, repainted and, last night, started moving the office in there. 

The bonus about all of this is that with each room I move, it creates an opportunity to take stock and get rid of old, broken, and irrelevant items. (I may even see my collection thinned out as a result.)

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2013, 10:42 PM »
Time for an update on the project.  It is becomeing more about the space as a whole than about the collection occupying it. 
First, I thought I'd share some before and after of the old room.  It's quite a transformation.

Before

After

Before

After

Next, some pics of the new space as a work in progress.  I have yet to build shelves for the actual toys, but everything else is coming along.

View as you walk into the room

My work table

One finished display wall

TV, bookcase and storage nook

Most of the bigger pieces waiting for custom shelves.  The shelves will be 24 inches deep, 7 feet high and cover the 18 linear feet of the two empty walls.

Finally - 42 gallon ziploc bags of figures just sitting and waiting.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 8, 2013, 02:01 AM »
Looking good Steve.  Bet you're licking your chops with all that extra space!