Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45824 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 11:28 AM »
I give the Eagles the advantage because they are at home but Randy loves to light people up on National TV...

Don't forget about T.O. - he likes to light people up on National TV too, so he can show off his outrageous touchdown celebrations. Did you forget the Sharpie incident?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 11:31 AM »
I did forget that one, I still think that was brilliant

Should be a great game though, one I am really looking forward too, hopefully the Vikes D is too :-\  And thing about it is, they are supposed to be better, a lot better than they have been.  I think its silly to say they don't have a D or the D will let them down again because they are better than they have been the last 3 years...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Well, it looks like my 'Hawks have already gotten as many road wins this season as they had last season - 2. If they have figured out how to win on the road, and can keep their home winning streak intact (they were 8-0 at home last season) it looks like we should have a pretty good year. I still say that Philly is the best team in the NFC right now, but I guess only time will tell.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 11:52 AM »
Time as in tonight! 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Should be a great game tonight, and like Scott mentioned...a great battle this early in the year.  I tend to favor the Vikings (hoping they win, I mean), but it will be tough...Philly at home.  Hopefully we'll have a shootout between Culpepper-Moss and McNabb-Owens.  Something entertaining anyways.

Pats continue to win, although it wasn't exactly a picture perfect game yesterday.  They should do well this year though.  Chiefs go to 0-2, and apparently the defense isn't quite fixed yet.  I couldn't really bring myself to tune in for the ESPN game last night (Dolphins - Bengals), although it did sound like it ended up being an exciting one.  As far as the teams I follow, it was 1 for 2.  Denver lost a stinker (7-6) to Jacksonville, but Detroit went to 2-0.  They aren't exactly Super Bowl contenders, but it would be nice to see them back in the playoffs.  Speaking of Lions...I miss watching Barry Sanders :).  Even though his streak was broken yesterday, much props to Jerry Rice.  That was one heck of a run.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Man, Testaverde throws another 300+ game but throws 3 INTs to 1 TD. If Garcia doesn't suck, the Browns come back and win that game. Julius Jones is out with a broken shoulder.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 03:19 PM by SPIDERLEGS »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Damn Vikes...way too many Turnovers and they went to **** everytime they got in the Red Zone.  D looked OK, not the greatest but OK.  I think Homefield is going to be huge come January and tonights game did not help matters :'(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 12:45 AM »
I still say that Philly is the best team in the NFC right now, but I guess only time will tell.

Time as in tonight! 

So does that mean Philly is the best team in the NFC now?  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 07:47 AM »
I'd say so...

Philly
Seattle
Minnesota
???Cluster **** of a bunch of teams

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 02:08 AM »
I had the Eagles 28 Vikings 17 and I missed each final by a point a piece! DAMN!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Get ye back up there.  Who's my next victim :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2004, 07:58 PM »
 :)

Big Blue!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2004, 08:14 PM »
Shaun Alexander back in the hizzouse!  Sorry Dustrho, maybe you should rename your team the "Dustrho self-Destruction" for the week?

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Shaun Alexander back in the hizzouse!  Sorry Dustrho, maybe you should rename your team the "Dustrho self-Destruction" for the week?

If it makes you feel better... sure.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2004, 09:09 PM »

If it makes you feel better... sure.
Plus the Bears lost!  Although the margain should have been a lot larger with all of the injuries the Bears have (although the Vikes have almost as many of O...Kleinsasser, Bennett, Birk and Rosenthal)