Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45928 times)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
Re: NFL 2004
« Reply #105 on: December 7, 2004, 05:09 PM »
Last night's game was something. It reminded me of the old AFC shootouts. WTF happened to the #1 defense in the NFL from 2003? It gave up 511 yds to the Seabags last night!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 8, 2004, 08:36 AM »
And now Coach Bill will think Dallas is a playoff hopefull for ANOTHER Week...maybe we'll find out about Henson in the off season....

I am thrilled about Julius Jones though.  He is not the Best in the League right now (I freely admit that), but after what I've suffered through with Emmitt's last years and then Troy Hambrick, I'm just glad Dallas has a rusher in positive yards.

Eddie George looked like somebody ran over his dog the whole game.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2004, 04:36 PM »
That's it.  I'm done caring about the NFL for the year.

I may watch the Vikes/GB game on Christmas Eve if I have a chance, but no more...

Stupid Vikings.  >:(

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2004, 05:47 PM »
What a disappointment the Vikings have been.  I truly thought their D was going to really be a strength this season.

Colts win again baby!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2004, 06:09 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2004, 03:31 AM »
YAY! 

ANother Steelers win.  Clinched the AFC North, and while a spotty game I think the overall performance was better than last week.  Nice seeing Bettis running more while Deuce preps...  I'd like to see them staggered back & forth then since they're a running powerhouse.

And Roethlisberger's playing wasn't bad...  Wasn't great, but wasn't bad.

I'm one happy Steelers fan right now.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2004, 09:17 AM »
How bad is the NFC right now ::)  Seriously?  I've about had it with the Vikings.  I might just switch to being a Patriots fan or something.  They've been decimated by injuries and its sucked but they have lost some bad, bad games this year.  I wouldn't mind seeing Tice out of here and a totally fresh start.  Get rid of the whole Green leftovers and lets get down to what wins.  Defense!

I love Culpepper and I love Moss but the Vikes need only look at Philly and see you can dominate with a defense with a pulse.  Their secondary and linebackers are atrocious.  And so are their Special Teams.  How many teams in the league have a kicker that won't try one over 45 yards?  Its insane!  The sad thing is, is that they still have a chance at the "PLAYOFF!?!?!?" With 2 wins they are in, but I don't think anyone really even cares around here because they aren't Super Bowl contenders and after being dick teased for the last 2 years by fast starts, its enough to make people be apethetic.

Vikings = NFL Version of the Red Sox :'(

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2004, 10:40 AM »
I hereby declare that the Vikings were the luckiest team ever on Sunday.

The Viking defense whiffs big-time on a last-minute drive by the Lions and gives up a fat touchdown thanks to a bone-headed pass interference call, only to have Detroit WHIFF the extra point and give the Vikes the game?   :o 

How the hell do they get that lucky?   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Yeah that was one of those plays that usually happens TO the Vikes.  I swear, I really do swear, this defense makes every quarterback they face look like Joe Montana in his prime

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2004, 05:37 PM »
The rest of the NFC playoff teams should thank Dallas for knocking T.O. out for a month. Our defense played its best 3 quarters in about a year yesterday. Too little too late, but hey...we removed T.O. for the foreseeable future.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2004, 05:38 PM »
Yeah that was one of those plays that usually happens TO the Vikes.  I swear, I really do swear, this defense makes every quarterback they face look like Joe Montana in his prime

Except Vinnie Incepteverde.....Top 5 pick for the Cowboys at the Draft!!! Stupid Buffalo...Dallas could have had 2 top 10 picks...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2004, 05:39 PM »
Sounds like TO is out for what could be the year.  ESPN has a story that he might not be back for the Super Bowl if they make it.

WHich means to me...The Eagles are still the favorites due to their Defense but they aren't far and away the favorites.  In fact all 6 NFC teams could go all the way

It won't matter, the AFC representative will crush  :'(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Well since the Eagles have already wrapped up home field, they don't play a meaningful game for four weeks.  I say rest him until then and then see how it is before the first playoff game.

Pats have to win tonight to keep pace with the Steelers.  I felt dirty rooting for the Giants on Saturday, but sometimes you take the lesser of two evils.  Alas, it was all in vain, though   :'(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2004, 08:40 PM »
I'm still rollin' with my Steelers on this one...  There's concerns over a completely healthy team, mostly offense, but I think they're playing solid even on their off-days like the last couple weeks have been.

They're riding a high...  As with all things in life I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop though.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2004, 07:56 AM »
Well that sucked the big one. I went to sleep with the Pats leading, knowing they never blow a lead in the second half.  Wake up around 2am to take a piss, turn on SC and see they lost by one ******* point.  There goes home field advantage.  Oh well, you can't win them all and the Fins always play the Pats tough and I really think they're better than their record shows. 

One thing's for sure, this loss is going to light a fire under their ass, which is a good thing heading into the playoffs.
Common sense isn't so common